Old 02-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
ckeech
Duke Tag
I just rediscovered Duke Nukem's awesome net play thanks to eDuke32. I used to play it on good old DOS with my friend on Win95. Anyway I read on Wikipedia recently that there is a mode called "Duke Tag" that was available on Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition. I have the Atomic addition but when I start a Net Game I only have Co-Op and Dukematch in the game types.

Where is this illusive Duke Tag? How I pine for some Duke capture the flag shinanigins.

Thanks,

Cam
Old 02-23-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
The Commander

Re: Duke Tag
Hello, To keep up to date with the latest EDuke32 news make sure to follow the official forum for it here.

http://forums.duke4.net/index.php?showforum=26

Now about your question, to get Duke Tag you need to start a DM game on Episode 4 Level 10 (The Queen)

You need to hit that switch that says Duke Tag in the starting room for it to start it correctly, but what I remember from memory is that you need a minimum of four players for it to work correctly. (I could be wrong about that)

Duke Nukem Red Alert SVN

Ask Me Anything!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:53 AM   #3
ckeech
Thanks for the info! That's a strange way to get into Duke Tag, i never would have figured that one out! I will give it a try when I get my laptop back from repair and report back to see if you can do it with 2 players, if not then I can try round up some more computers.

Although I also remember reading on Wikipedia article that you can add CPU bots as well. Maybe I can just one one computer and add 3 bots? Does anyone know how to do that?
Old 02-24-2010, 03:19 AM   #4
The Commander

Bots will be useless for Duke Tag because they are not programed to play co-operatically and will just start gunning down the closest player even if they are on the same team.

Duke Nukem Red Alert SVN

Ask Me Anything!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
ckeech
Yeah, I was reading about their AI, but it would still let me try to get Duke Tag actually running without the need to set up two computers. So is it possible/easy to load the bots in a Episode 4 Level 10 multi player game?