Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 15
  1. Micki!
    09-06-2009 10:42 AM
    Micki!
    Yeah i guess that's the english name for it then :D
  2. ZaphodB
    09-06-2009 09:34 AM
    ZaphodB
    That's a infinite improbability drive. :)
  3. Micki!
    09-06-2009 09:14 AM
    Micki!
    All sound so different... I'll at least have to listen to the story on tape if i can find it anywhere online... The book i have is translated in danish, but as far as i can tell from comparing certain phrases and moments, it's very very accurate to the english stuff...

I'd love to see it all being acted though, i'm just curious how people would put this story into practice... But i'd hate to lose any of the precious moment in the book...

The vast amounts of coincidences happening in this story are ridiculous but fun :D And a probability-powered spaceship has to be the funniest thing within sci-fi stories i've heard yet, hahaha :D
  4. ZaphodB
    09-06-2009 09:08 AM
    ZaphodB
    The BBC miniseries was better than the movie IMO, but still not as good as the books. The movie cuts way too much out, and shortens too many of the important bits. But neither the mini-series nor the movie are 1/4 as good as the original radio play (which you can get on audio tapes or CD). The 5 book trilogy is the best.
  5. Micki!
    09-06-2009 08:50 AM
    Micki!
    Hey Zaph, i'm in the middle of reading Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy... I'm at chapter 18 atm, but so far it's great fun :D Zaphod is a funny character...

Would you recommend the movie..? Although the plot in it is appearantly not exactly the same as the book ..? (and according to some clips i saw, it seems to have cut alot of small-talk dialogue)
  6. Micki!
    01-23-2009 02:55 PM
    Micki!
    well i wouldn't say like a dork, but definitely different, i have to get used to it, i always had your own self in my head, hahaha, it was more rockstar like...

Maybe putting the sunglasses back on will help a little, hahaha :D
  7. ZaphodB
    01-23-2009 02:44 PM
    ZaphodB
    Yeah, makes me look like a dork in my opinion. I looked cool with long hair.
  8. Micki!
    01-23-2009 01:03 PM
    Micki!
    You look like an all new person now, it's almost creepy how it changed you :D
  9. Micki!
    12-02-2008 05:25 AM
    Micki!
    it was the first lines of text that ran through my mind the moment i saw his strange name, i actually expected you to comment about his name there as well (which you did) haha :D
  10. ZaphodB
    12-02-2008 05:00 AM
    ZaphodB
    You about killed me in the HB thread. almost woke my daughter!