PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth buying a PS2 for?

Xiu
04-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Well, I loved Drakan 1 for PC and was pissed when they annouced it was to be a PS2 game! I completely forgot about it untill today. So is it worth buying a PS2 for Drakan 2? Gimme some info if you'd be so kind? Thanks!

Micki!
04-12-2005, 12:33 PM
One of my friends own a PS2 (and Drakan 2) And as much as i know, there are no big differences at the graphics...
There should be some Magic spells that you could cast though...

But the PC version had more 'Gore' and is more violent/bloody... http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/redface.gif

On/Off
04-12-2005, 12:40 PM
No, but its worth getting a PS2 for Drakan 2 and SoulCalibur 3.

Xiu
04-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Are the graphics and gameplay better than Drakan 1 for the PC or just different?

Micki!
04-13-2005, 03:44 AM
The graphics are more or less the same...

Some textures look different, and there are some graphical bug fixes...

Also the animations should look a bit different...

But else there is no big difference between the PS2 and PC version... (regarding to the graphics...)

Try to find a review on gamespot or IGn or whatever gamesite... They should have some more information about it...

Hudson
04-13-2005, 04:00 AM
Personally I refuse to buy a console for a single game, or game series. I was an avid Resident Evil fanatic and was severely pissed when it went Gamecube-Only. Granted I know i'm missing out on some really good gaming goodness, but right now I really don't care. Maybe once the price of a GC bottoms out to $50

BioHazard
04-13-2005, 05:08 AM
Seriously, if your a RE fanatic, it's worth buying a GC for the REmake and RE4. I've finshed the original RE several times, but there's a couple of really neat additions to the story in REmake to make it worth your while, as well as some stunning new graphics.

Micki!
04-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Permadeath said:
Seriously, if your a RE fanatic, it's worth buying a GC for the REmake and RE4. I've finshed the original RE several times, but there's a couple of really neat additions to the story in REmake to make it worth your while, as well as some stunning new graphics.

... Which reminds ME to buy RE4 sooner or later... http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif...
thxbye!!!