PDA

View Full Version : DM server up for tonight


Airtraffic
04-12-2005, 05:21 PM
AT's Dedicated Calgary server
68.145.59.108 :27015

I'm running 2 maps only. Fraglimit 50 kills or 40 minutes

<font color="yellow">dm_pit2 </font> ...see if you can find the secrets in this great map(hopefully Mountain Man wont give them all away) http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

<font color="yellow">dm_depot_rc2</font> ...awesome map made by one of our members here (Bobby B)

Change your name to your forum name and heres hopeing for a George or Joe to show up http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hhg.gif

I'll try to take it easy on you guys http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Duoae
04-12-2005, 05:28 PM
If my relatives out there were 40 years younger and played video games, i'd tell them to kick your ass http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Inanimate Carbon Rod
04-12-2005, 09:20 PM
I'll try to take it easy on you guys




Haha, will you take it easy on me?

Airtraffic
04-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I'll try to take it easy on you guys




Haha, will you take it easy on me?


are you ready?

I'll be waiting

Sylvarius
04-12-2005, 11:46 PM
So.. As I post this post, the time is 07:48 in my place.

When is tonight for you? I want to kick some 3drealms forum members ass.... http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

- Sylvarius

Airtraffic
04-12-2005, 11:50 PM
It's up mostly all the time anyway,i just got done ass whoppin a few members http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Huh! Inanimate Carbon Rod http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good battles though.

Mountain Man
04-13-2005, 04:34 AM
I wish I could have been there, but I had other obligations.

Fat John
04-13-2005, 11:07 AM
I tried to connect at 18:07 GMT, but it seems the server wasn't up. When's the next match?

Drazula
04-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Hey AT, post some stats!

Airtraffic
04-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Drazula said:
Hey AT, post some stats!



I'll post them when your name is on the list http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok,the server is up for the night with some new maps.

<font color="red">dm_pit2</font> (had to keep this one up...great map)
<font color="red">dm_swamplight_final</font> (haven't played it yet but got great reviews)
<font color="red"> dm_bellas_room_deluxe</font> (Living room setting with secrets)
<font color="red">dm_killbox_ultimate </font> (the newest killbox,just a fun slaughter)

Some maps are over 8 megs so have patience while downloading


So far i've had members from all over the USA/Canada, texas guys are getting 70-90 pings and last night a member from louisiana was getting 110...so don't be shy and try it out,that goes for you Draz http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Airtraffic
04-13-2005, 02:41 PM
LOL, i just noticed Fat_john just joined the server,should be interesting considering he's in the UK http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/doh.gif

Inanimate Carbon Rod
04-13-2005, 02:45 PM
dm_pit2 I dislike that map.

theRobot
04-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Yup, that was me... Told ya I'd be in there eventually...
Depot is an awesome map, you should put that one back in the cycle and I can't wait to try the new ones... might go now.

Airtraffic
04-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
dm_pit2 I dislike that map.


Go in and try the new ones.

Fat John
04-13-2005, 03:10 PM
I got ping of around 120, and huge graphical artifacts. This means that I had practically no reaction time and literally couldn't see anyone http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Airtraffic
04-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Fat John said:
I got ping of around 120, and huge graphical artifacts. This means that I had practically no reaction time and literally couldn't see anyone http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.


Now bad for in the UK though!

What do you mean by artifacts?

jimbob
04-13-2005, 03:22 PM
wil it be up in an hour or 2 or do i have to play with myself again ?

FireFly
04-13-2005, 03:48 PM
That was fun.

Why does my screen jerk every few seconds though?

Fat John
04-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Airtraffic said:

Fat John said:
I got ping of around 120, and huge graphical artifacts. This means that I had practically no reaction time and literally couldn't see anyone http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.


Now bad for in the UK though!

What do you mean by artifacts?



There was some crazy comlicated cone-shaped thing coming out of enemies, and the enemies looked like they were covered in shiny spider's web. Also some props randomly disappeared. It's like the map was programmed to not run on a DX7 card http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. The other map worked well though.

FireFly
04-13-2005, 03:57 PM
That's a common bug. You should be able to fix it by just rejoining the server.

Airtraffic
04-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Fat John said:

Airtraffic said:

Fat John said:
I got ping of around 120, and huge graphical artifacts. This means that I had practically no reaction time and literally couldn't see anyone http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.


Now bad for in the UK though!

What do you mean by artifacts?



There was some crazy comlicated cone-shaped thing coming out of enemies, and the enemies looked like they were covered in shiny spider's web. Also some props randomly disappeared. It's like the map was programmed to not run on a DX7 card http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. The other map worked well though.



I'm surprized you run at all with a dx7 card,do your self a favor and get a cheap 9x card...the performance boost is insane.

Fat John
04-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Airtraffic said:

Fat John said:

Airtraffic said:

Fat John said:
I got ping of around 120, and huge graphical artifacts. This means that I had practically no reaction time and literally couldn't see anyone http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.


Now bad for in the UK though!

What do you mean by artifacts?



There was some crazy comlicated cone-shaped thing coming out of enemies, and the enemies looked like they were covered in shiny spider's web. Also some props randomly disappeared. It's like the map was programmed to not run on a DX7 card http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. The other map worked well though.



I'm surprized you run at all with a dx7 card,do your self a favor and get a cheap 9x card...the performance boost is insane.



On a properly optimized map there is no noticable slowdown at all, I average 30fps and I have below minimum specs http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif.

Looks shit though.

Airtraffic
04-13-2005, 05:09 PM
I know my buddy played on a GF ti4200 and was ok until heavy battles then he jerked and lagged bad,i sold him my old 9800 pro and he's all good now http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dreweth
04-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Can anyone confirm that the Friends list does or does not work correctly?

I'm trying to talk my outta state bud into getting the game, and that's a concern of his. - THanks!

Airtraffic
04-13-2005, 06:08 PM
It works..sometimes http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/doh.gif

Use All-Seeing Eye for HL2DM,it works great and friends list works.

dreweth
04-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Ah. Thanks. I'll just lie to him, then. Cheers!

http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Airtraffic
04-13-2005, 06:38 PM
I also might add that with All-Seeing Eye you can check the server protocalls which i find very handy when picking a server to play.

torso boy
04-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Airtraffic said:
...last night a member from louisiana was getting 110...


...and nobody was there for me to kill

Mountain Man
04-13-2005, 07:25 PM
From Ohio I get a pretty stead 140. Not bad, really, and I'm able to hold my own. I even managed to score a few kills on Mr. Air "I have a ping of 5 cause I'm the admin!" traffic.

Airtraffic
04-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Mountain Man said:
From Ohio I get a pretty stead 140. Not bad, really, and I'm able to hold my own. I even managed to score a few kills on Mr. Air "I have a ping of 5 cause I'm the admin!" traffic.


So you were the one popping me when i was typing http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Airtraffic
04-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Crap,server just went down.."out of date" must be a big update and it's a total pain to update dedicated servers threw dos.

Let you guys know when it's healthy again.

theRobot
04-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Airtraffic said:

Mountain Man said:
From Ohio I get a pretty stead 140. Not bad, really, and I'm able to hold my own. I even managed to score a few kills on Mr. Air "I have a ping of 5 cause I'm the admin!" traffic.


So you were the one popping me when i was typing http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif



I did that a couple times too http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

torso boy
04-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Airtraffic said:
Crap,server just went down.."out of date" must be a big update and it's a total pain to update dedicated servers threw dos.

Let you guys know when it's healthy again.


the contest maps are out http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Still haven't played any of you guys yet, unless you're using a different name. Come on..I need a challenge http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tinyted.gif

Mountain Man
04-13-2005, 08:51 PM
My favorite death was when I spawned right on top of a live grenade.

It was like: Dead, respaw--BOOM! Dead...again.

Airtraffic
04-13-2005, 10:54 PM
I think tomorrow i'll just run the new killbox map as everyone seemed to like it so much.

I might bump the server to 12 players for that map as a few times tonight i had trouble getting in myself http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/doh.gif

theRobot
04-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Killbox was awesome... You can't camp, It's fun to snipe in that one because everyone has the oppertunity(the massive ammounts of railguns present) and if you don't snipe the guy trying to hit you with the orange hot bolts, blow the shit out of him with a hundreds of rocket launchers that spawn... that map is 10/10 as far as massive kill, kill, spawnkilling goes...

Drazula
04-14-2005, 09:56 AM
Airtraffic said:

Drazula said:
Hey AT, post some stats!



I'll post them when your name is on the list http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif


Sorry, at the moment, my little one won't let me play anything but Doom 3: ROE.


So far i've had members from all over the USA/Canada, texas guys are getting 70-90 pings and last night a member from louisiana was getting 110...so don't be shy and try it out,that goes for you Draz;)


Geez, us Floridians already beat you at Hockey, your beloved sport. Now you want me to beat you at HL2? You're a glutton for punishment!! http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Airtraffic
04-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Drazula said:

Airtraffic said:

Drazula said:
Hey AT, post some stats!



I'll post them when your name is on the list http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif


Sorry, at the moment, my little one won't let me play anything but Doom 3: ROE.


So far i've had members from all over the USA/Canada, texas guys are getting 70-90 pings and last night a member from louisiana was getting 110...so don't be shy and try it out,that goes for you Draz;)


Geez, us Floridians already beat you at Hockey, your beloved sport. Now you want me to beat you at HL2? You're a glutton for punishment!! http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif


Do i get the feeling you can't play DM because of your famous patch? http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Doom3 MP sucks donkey balls and you know it...get off your arse and find a way to play HL with us http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dopefish.gif

And you better check the roster from the Lightning before you call them "Floridians" http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Airtraffic
04-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Server is up with Killbox.

Some 3DR guys are in now

John
04-14-2005, 08:01 PM
Yatta and I were in there but nobody from 3DR was there.

Mountain Man
04-14-2005, 08:09 PM
I was in for a while tonight. Killbox is a great concept, but having nothing but Killbox maps gets a little old. More variety, AT! How about rotating in some of Valve's official maps?

Airtraffic
04-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Maybe i'll throw some of the new ones in there...i just made the server low gravity as well

theRobot
04-14-2005, 08:49 PM
I noticed the low gravity, works pretty well for Killbox.. I just got in there and noticed you were gone.. What's with that?

Airtraffic
04-14-2005, 09:03 PM
theRobot said:
I noticed the low gravity, works pretty well for Killbox.. I just got in there and noticed you were gone.. What's with that?


Try to figure out why the server kicks everyone when the maps end http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I just put the 3 maps that valve released yesterday on the server as well as the killbox maps.

John
04-14-2005, 10:05 PM
GG guys. GG.

This is whats up http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ruger
04-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I had fun. Hadn't played multiplayer in a long time. I definitely did much better on dm_powerhouse though for some reason. I'm just more used to that style of map I guess.

Thanks for running that server Airtraffic. http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Airtraffic
04-14-2005, 10:49 PM
My pleasure,was a blast tonight. I think kudos should go to Valve for making a game that people from all over can join together from a little server off my PC and run very well! I have a good connection (1.1 meg upload) but still i'm in Western Canada http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif..so far (that i know of) we have had players from:

Texas
Ohio
California
Louisiana
Florida
NY
S.Carolina
Ontario
Quebec
And 2 from europe http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gifhttp://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I think thats amazing. As long as you guys still want to play i'll keep it going. http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ruger
04-14-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm in North Carolina actually, but yeah, it is impressive, all the localities that are represented.

I'll try to drop in from time to time when I can.

theRobot
04-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Oh yeah, tonight was awesome... Best I've done in a long long time... Guess I should just practice a little more. I played TFC and TF 1.5 when they were out and around, I just quit playing cause I had no real reason to. Now that I have some spare time, I'll be playing more on your server.. Very good connection, and Valve... *thumbs up* ...awesome netcode.

John
04-14-2005, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I'm from North Carolina aswell.


I love the server http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's great. If you guys keep playing, I will too.

Dutch
04-15-2005, 12:55 AM
I joined from australia and got a ping of about 300. not bad. http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mountain Man
04-15-2005, 06:51 AM
Airtraffic said:
As long as you guys still want to play i'll keep it going. http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif


Well, I'll stop in whenever I can. This week is a little different for me since my wife and son are out of town, so I have lots of extra time on my hands. Usually, I don't have to play games until after 9 east coast time.

Orochi Avlis
04-15-2005, 07:37 AM
Airtraffic said:
I think thats amazing. As long as you guys still want to play i'll keep it going. http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif


http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Why must I wait another few weeks before I can join you guys?

Oh the pain!

John
04-15-2005, 04:26 PM
Is it just me or is the server not working right now?

Does it only work when you're online?

doubleR
04-15-2005, 05:04 PM
Airtraffic, if you got any open spots when/if you run a server again I'd love to drop in for the fun if I have time. Can see how it runs for another Ohioan. I'd be easy pickings for all as I rarely play multiplayer.

Airtraffic
04-15-2005, 05:07 PM
John said:
Is it just me or is the server not working right now?

Does it only work when you're online?


I was golfing all day and shut it down...it's up now though.

And doubleR,your welcome to join anytime but for now it's not pass protected so you just have to hope it's not full.

Sylvarius
04-15-2005, 05:51 PM
That was some fun http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Strange playing with so high ping.

Got a memory crash thing when I left.

- Sylvarius

doubleR
04-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks AT ran pretty swell on my side except for my lack of skills and too many 12 hour shifts this week. Would love too stay longer but I gotta work tomorrow yet.

Airtraffic
04-15-2005, 06:12 PM
Sylvarius said:
That was some fun http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Strange playing with so high ping.

Got a memory crash thing when I left.

- Sylvarius


Not sure i could play as good as you did with a 200 ping..good job http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You should start a server in Sweden for all the euro's in here http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Airtraffic
04-15-2005, 06:14 PM
doubleR said:
Thanks AT ran pretty swell on my side except for my lack of skills and too many 12 hour shifts this week. Would love too stay longer but I gotta work tomorrow yet.


Your 80-100 ping was fantastic from Ohio. get some rest,cya soon.

Fat John
04-16-2005, 11:52 AM
AT get your server fixed. You must have messed around with the settings because the gravity was low, stuff was falling through walls, and the physics was broken.

Airtraffic
04-16-2005, 02:30 PM
Fat John said:
AT get your server fixed. You must have messed around with the settings because the gravity was low, stuff was falling through walls, and the physics was broken.



Done.

FireFly
04-16-2005, 03:08 PM
What was the problem btw? That physics bug occurs on a lot of servers.

Edit: it's still not fixed.

Airtraffic
04-16-2005, 03:36 PM
FireFly said:
What was the problem btw? That physics bug occurs on a lot of servers.

Edit: it's still not fixed.


Not sure what the problem was,seems theres a few bugs with the new update,(server kicking people at end of map,physics etc.) i just restarted the server and it seems fine again.

John
04-16-2005, 07:04 PM
PWNED.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/syxxsixsiks/68f3f037.jpg

Simon Charles
04-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Damn, wish I'd caught this thread sooner. I would have loved to hurl toilets at you guys.

John
04-16-2005, 09:43 PM
More ownage \o/

Ivan
04-17-2005, 05:26 AM
Damn you're owning them John! http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Airtraffic
04-18-2005, 08:22 PM
Server back up,i had to take the new underpass map off as it has some sort of "bug" and crashes windows servers from time to time. maybe i should build a linux box!

Anyway i added [u]dm_bellas_room delux</u> and [u]dm_pit2</u> to the rotation.

And the next time you guys take ownage screenshots i'll make sure your in second http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lonestar
04-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Airtraffic said:
Server is up with Killbox.

Some 3DR guys are in now



you know how to get us, don't you? http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

is your server up right now? i couldn't find it.

Fat John
04-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Or me.

Airtraffic
04-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Ask and you recieve http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm off golfing but it's up now.

BTW this is last nights ownage http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Airtraffic
05-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Server back up folks.

Maps:

dm_pit2
XDBoxx
dm_bellas_room_deluxe
dm_killbox_ultimate
dm_snipe
dm_resistance
dm_ancient_beta1

Logs are turned on and saved for anyone interested. (i know i have a little interest on how a certain someone can join without steam http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

John
05-19-2005, 06:26 PM
:O Who would ever play without Steam?! That's just illegal and....well....smart, but illegal! http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Airtraffic
05-19-2005, 06:34 PM
John said:
:O Who would ever play without Steam?! That's just illegal and....well....smart, but illegal! http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif


Personly i don't think it can be done! we'll see http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I added another map as well. It's called DM_AIR_HOCKEY. Large download but very fun.