Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs > Bløgg
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

I will bløgg about Formula 1 and TV shows.
Rate this Entry

2008 F1 Italy GP Race: Vettel dominates Monza in the wet

Submit "2008 F1 Italy GP Race: Vettel dominates Monza in the wet" to Digg Submit "2008 F1 Italy GP Race: Vettel dominates Monza in the wet" to del.icio.us Submit "2008 F1 Italy GP Race: Vettel dominates Monza in the wet" to StumbleUpon Submit "2008 F1 Italy GP Race: Vettel dominates Monza in the wet" to Google
Posted 09-14-2008 at 07:40 AM by Bludd
Updated 09-18-2008 at 12:48 AM by Bludd

Vettel won. He won the whole thing and Toro Rosso is the winning constructor! Great work and really well deserved. His first win, youngest winner ever and Toro Rosso's first win. The old Minardi team has finally made it. :)

Kovalainen got second, he couldn't touch Vettel and finished 12 seconds behind.

Kubica got third, around 20 seconds behind Vettel with Fernando Alonso a further 3-4 seconds behind. A great result for Renault which should make them ajour on points with Toyota in the constructor's championship but ahead due to a number of higher scoring positions if my math is correct. Edit: math not correct, Toyota has a third place more than Renault.

Heidfeld is fifth with Massa and Hamilton right behind. Massa scored one point more than Hammy which means Hammy is only one point ahead in the driver's world championship. If the Spa appeal doesn't go McLaren's way, this championship continues to be tight as hell.

Hamilton drove like a champ before he put on the regular wets, though. He overtook everyone in his path whilst Massa ended up in the same position as he started. This year's Ferrari sucks in the wet.

Webber got the last point for Red Bull.

Räikkönen ended up outside of the points in P9, even though he set the fastest lap of the race. He came alive when he changed to the wet weather tyre, but was so far back that he couldn't do anything. He ended up 7 seconds behind Webber in P8. Surely his bid for his second consecutive world championship is over and he will have to support Massa in the races that are left of the season. I have to say that his new deal with Ferrari surprised me and I have to eat my words wrt. him resigning. He isn't and I was wrong. Alonso was keen on getting his seat at Ferrari, but this is of course not possible now and Alonso has to choose between Honda, BMW or staying at Renault. I think he should stay at Renault, keep the team situation stable and help Renault back to their winning ways.

A thrilling race which ended with Vettel doing his first champagne dousing of Gerhard Berger on the podium. Well deserved and great fun!

Of course I am happy Alonso did as well as he did, they are now in a dead heat with Toyota for the fourth place in the constructor's championship. Fernando also jumped Trulli in the driver's world championship, making him Best of the Rest in seventh place, the first six positions taken up by BMW, Ferrari and McLaren, the same teams that are in front of Renault in the constructor's championship.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4666 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments