3D Realms Forums

3D Realms Forums (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/index.php)
-   Non 3DR Game Discussion (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The steam store thread (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34791)

Kalki 12-02-2013 08:49 PM

Re: The steam store thread

Got the Tomb Raider collection. I was going to get the new reboot but the others were an additional $4. I'll probably never play every one of those games but I will try them.

Shadow Warrior - which I was itching to get at the first major price drop.

Age of Empires 2 HD - Finally. Only played the demo ages ago but I put more hours in AOE 1 than Unreal Tournament or StarCraft.

----

Dan, I never finished the main story in Oblivion (forget the DLC content) and I just checked and am shocked to see steam saying I put 86 hours into that game. Not sure if that says the game is worth it or not. :p It's easy to get lost in the open world and loose the main quest narrative. Guess I should get skyrim at some point. Morrowind sounded great except for the combat.

Thief 12-06-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalki (Post 963108)
Got the Tomb Raider collection. I was going to get the new reboot but the others were an additional $4. I'll probably never play every one of those games but I will try them.

You'll definitely want to go through the modern trilogy - Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. All three are excellent. I plan on doing that sometime in 2014, topping it off with the re-telling. Sadly, Legend is as far back as my Tomb Raider experience goes...wish I had played some of the earlier ones years back.

Kalki 12-06-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thief (Post 963131)
You'll definitely want to go through the modern trilogy - Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. All three are excellent. I plan on doing that sometime in 2014, topping it off with the re-telling. Sadly, Legend is as far back as my Tomb Raider experience goes...wish I had played some of the earlier ones years back.

Yes that's a good place to start. Thanks.

smashed pumpkin 12-09-2013 08:53 AM

Grabbed Far Cry 3 when it was discounted last week! Currently playing through Metro:Last Light, and have a few other games to run through before I get in to Far Cry 3. I enjoyed FC2 when it wasn't crashing, although it seemed to not be a fully realized game. Hopefully 3 will remedy this.

Jiminator 12-09-2013 10:23 PM

FC3 is pretty awesome, at least the first island. The direction of the game changes on the second smaller island, it tends to feel somewhat tacked on.

Damien_Azreal 12-09-2013 10:59 PM

The game builds so wonderfully with the first island. Mostly because of Vaas.

KO Gilligan 12-16-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

These are mostly Steam Deals. It's not the Steam Store - they are over at GameFly
I see the $9.99 Shadow Warrior deal is here
http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/promotion/567

GameFly sucks. It was like the 8th sale day... it's now over, and the prices are all back to ... overpriced

smashed pumpkin 12-19-2013 11:25 AM

Grabbed Shadow Warrior yesterday for 75% off. Pretty excited to delve into this one, as the original was one of my favorite games ever.

KO Gilligan 12-19-2013 05:04 PM

Check out Gamer's Gate having a great sale
http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio...tate=available

Some are DRM free, most are not. Most require Steam.

Rapture_Rising 12-20-2013 03:25 AM

That sucks, the more Steam sales there are the less i buy because i either already own the games or the games on sale i have no interest in buying.

dan2091 12-20-2013 03:56 AM

For me, it was the Bioshock Trilogy for less than $12. Already have the first two on X360. Bioshock Infinite I haven't played it, yet. It's downloading now...

Thief 01-21-2014 05:37 PM

Hitman: Contracts released today! Yes! Finally a digital distributor got it!

KO Gilligan 01-22-2014 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thief (Post 963373)
Hitman: Contracts released today! Yes! Finally a digital distributor got it!

Hitman: Absolution is $4.69 after coupon code GFDJAN25 at GameFly.

Haven't played it -
GameFly also has other games the code will work for on sale

Steam has the whole batch of previous Hitman games on sale and DLC too - is that better?

Damien_Azreal 01-22-2014 09:00 AM

Absolution is awful.
It looks great, but the story and characters are terrible. And the changes they made to gameplay... meh.

I really, really, really, really, REALLY didn't like it.

Thief 01-22-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KO Gilligan (Post 963375)
Hitman: Absolution is $4.69 after coupon code GFDJAN25 at GameFly.

Haven't played it -
GameFly also has other games the code will work for on sale

Steam has the whole batch of previous Hitman games on sale and DLC too - is that better?

I would've snatched up Absolution long ago, if I could run it. Still running XP here, and likely won't be upgrading anytime soon. Was hoping for it to run on XP regardless of it not being officially supported, like DisHonored (more specifically UE3), but it just wasn't meant to be.

I own disc versions of all previous Hitman games, except Contracts. I sold it many years ago, idiot that I am. Been waiting for it to go digital for a long time now after realizing (also long ago) that I should have never sold it. Had the kick-ass box and everything. :brickwall:
Apparently, a piece of music is responsible for Contracts taking so long to go digital. http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/images/icons/smirk.gif

smashed pumpkin 01-29-2014 10:22 AM

Anyone pick up DayZ from Steam? How are you enjoying it?

Looks interesting, but do not know much about it.

smashed pumpkin 06-28-2014 12:09 AM

Steam Summer Sale

Annual Steam Summer Sale is currently going on. What games has everyone picked up so far?

I've grabbed Outlast and Tropico 4 for a significant discount. These aren't at the top of my Must-Play list, but I will get around to them at some point. These Steam Sales can create quite a backlog of games very quickly!

:dopefish:

Kalki 06-28-2014 09:29 AM

(Threads merged)

Got Skyrim which has replaced Rage (sigh) on my current playlist and it's great apart from an annoying glitch showing 2 mouse pointers. Almost missed Dishonored but thankfully caught it on "Yesterday's Big Deals". Those were the 2 biggest titles on my wishlist. Bought Blood Dragon earlier & going to skip Far Cry 3 altogether.

smashed pumpkin 06-28-2014 02:32 PM

Oops, sorry about the redundant thread. Slipped my mind.

I grabbed Goat Simulator on a daily deal and played about 30 minutes of it so far. It's pretty funny, and I like walking around and causing destruction.

Sort of like the mindless chaos causing in GTA when you aren't playing missions, but you're a goat lol :dopefish:

Rapture_Rising 06-29-2014 12:19 AM

I picked up Banished with my last little bit of money, the sale started the day after I paid all my bills and finishes the day before I get paid :(

Waiter 06-30-2014 04:48 AM

Thinking about Far Cry 3. Hated FC2 but loved FC1.

Damien_Azreal 06-30-2014 06:35 AM

I hated FarCry 2... but loved FarCry 3. It's a much better game in pretty much all aspects. For the price, I'd say get it.

MAT 06-30-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapture_Rising (Post 964065)
I picked up Banished with my last little bit of money, the sale started the day after I paid all my bills and finishes the day before I get paid :(

:doh: Don't you think it is unwise to put games before your welfare?

8IronBob 08-17-2014 06:03 AM

Finally got around to buying CS: Global Offensive, now that I discovered, almost at the last minute that it was half-off. It's downloading and installing currently. Now I have to wonder if it's better or worse than Source. It certainly looks more realistic than Source did, but whether it will PLAY better, that's another thing.

Waiter 08-18-2014 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAT (Post 964076)
:doh: Don't you think it is unwise to put games before your welfare?

Don't games count as welfare? :p

MAT 08-18-2014 04:21 PM

Not if I can't pay my bills. :)

NutWrench 08-21-2014 03:17 PM

Free weekend for Borderlands 2 this week on Steam, in case anyone is still undecided. It's also 75% off and there's a preview for the next Borderlands game, as well. :)