3D Realms Forums

3D Realms Forums (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/index.php)
-   Non 3DR Game Discussion (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The steam store thread (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34791)

Steve 01-02-2010 02:49 AM

Re: The steam store thread

I can't stop buying games :(

Kalki 01-02-2010 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 910145)
I can't stop buying games :(

Do the selfless thing and gift them to me, it will make you feel better ;)

I'd be buying games myself but Modern Warfare killed my rig.

Delicieuxz 01-03-2010 01:54 AM

I purchased the Crysis: Maximum Edition game package and installed Crysis, however, it installs only the 32 bit version, despite that I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

In this picture, you can see that the 64bin folder has not been added to the Crysis installation, only the 32bin one.

Anyone have any ideas?

Boo Boo Juice 01-03-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delicieuxz (Post 910250)
I purchased the Crysis: Maximum Edition game package and installed Crysis, however, it installs only the 32 bit version, despite that I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

In this picture, you can see that the 64bin folder has not been added to the Crysis installation, only the 32bin one.

Anyone have any ideas?

Only the 32-bit version of Crysis is available on Steam. They don't support the 64-bit version.

Damien_Azreal 01-03-2010 09:51 AM

Today is the last day of the sale.
Waiting to see what the Special Deals for today will be, but any other titles you want... now would be a good time to grab them up. ;)

SpinX 01-03-2010 09:54 AM

red alert 3 for 10$ is a steal... it has a crap story, but its fun in co-op...
and the multiplayer is actually pretty awesome...

It is a very polished RTS with great graphics!

Delicieuxz 01-03-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo Juice (Post 910262)
Only the 32-bit version of Crysis is available on Steam. They don't support the 64-bit version.

Oh, how come?

Boo Boo Juice 01-03-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delicieuxz (Post 910268)
Oh, how come?

I have no clue. I just remember looking into it and finding out that only the 32-bit version is available :(

ZuljinRaynor 01-03-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpinX (Post 910267)

No, it's a pretty terrible RTS, like CnC3 was.

8IronBob 01-03-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo Juice (Post 910262)

Who even knows where you can even pick up the 64-bit version anymore...if there's other places other than Steam, or grabbing a physical copy of 64-bit Crysis, that's gonna take some thinking, and it's probably not gonna be that cheap, either.

Then again, on Newegg's website, you have the Maximum Edition physical DVD version, but whether it includes both 32- and 64-bit versions of the game, that doesn't seem disclosed in the details page.
I'm assuming that they're trying to give you the best of all worlds in this edition of the game, but that's uncertain.

Steve 01-03-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpinX (Post 910267)

You have your beer goggles on?

8IronBob 01-03-2010 12:21 PM

Yeah, the graphics would've been great ten or fifteen years ago...if even that.
Anyway, I can see that BioShock is $5 or so, I can't believe I put BioShock off for this long...definitely grabbing that right now.

Phayzon 01-03-2010 06:40 PM

Been putting off getting Torchlight. Its been $10 through this whole sale, but I finally grabbed it today at $5 :)

Delicieuxz 01-03-2010 10:15 PM

I wish they'd sell Crysis Maximum Edition again for $13.60 so I could buy a copy for my brother. Shoulda when it was that cheap.

Sang 01-04-2010 11:42 AM

Telee, that lovable git, gifted me GTAIV which I will hopefully be able to download once Belgian ISPs expand their data limits somewhere, in the far point of the future..

SpinX 01-04-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sang (Post 910360)
Telee, that lovable git, gifted me GTAIV which I will hopefully be able to download once Belgian ISPs expand their data limits somewhere, in the far point of the future..

Yeah, I bought stuff on steam too, but will download only one game each month :) crappy belgacom!

Microsoft filed a complaint towards telenet and belgacom for its data limits :)

http://www.radiovisie.eu/be/nieuws.rvsp?art=00082061

Sang 01-04-2010 11:56 AM

Microsoft isn't Valve Software though so that doesn't help :p

8IronBob 01-04-2010 05:05 PM

True, on top of that, Microsoft never really did like the Steam idea, either, especially after being made from one or more of their former employees. :D

Delicieuxz 01-05-2010 12:20 PM

My total list of games purchased during their Christmas sale:

GTA IV - $7.50
Jedi Knight Collection - $10
Space Quest Collection - $5
King's Quest Collection - $5
Civ IV complete - $13.60
FlatOut - $2.50
Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast - $2.50
Crysis + Crysis Warhead for $13.60
Half Life: Source for $2.50

ZuljinRaynor 01-05-2010 12:46 PM

I bought a lot. Mostly a ton of gifts for people.

Including 16 copies of Judge Dredd.

Delicieuxz 01-05-2010 12:54 PM

I wish I'd bought a 2nd copy of Crysis ME.

I just played a portion of H-L: Source, and yikes! I think it's terrible and can't see a reason to play this over the original. Gorgeous skyboxes are replaced with ugly ones, there's no music, and the recoil while firing the machine-gun is awful. Other than that, it seems some scripted sequences don't function like they did in the original, and the game compensates by just, say, automatically unlocking whatever door is relevant for you instead of having an NPC unlock it with an eye-scan, or something similar. Definitely not worth $2.50 or anything for someone who already owns H-L, and if someone didn't own it yet, I'd 100% recommend they buy the original and avoid the Source remake.

Steve 01-07-2010 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZuljinRaynor (Post 910434)
Including 16 copies of Judge Dredd.

Thank you :p

I purchased that many damn games over the holidays it was just nuts. Also gifted to people too. Got stuff gifted to me as well! :D Here's what I got on steam over the holidays:

Alpha Prime
Audiosurf
Battlefield 2
Braid
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Commander Keen Complete Pack
Crysis
Crysis Wars
Day of Defeat: Source
Defnce Alliance 2
Doom 3
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
Doom 2: Hell on earth
final Doom
Freedom Force
Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich
Frontlines: Fuel of War
GTA 4
Heretic: Shadow of the serpent Riders
Hexen 2
Hexen: Beyond Heretic
Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
Jade Empire
Judge Dredd :p
Lumines
Lumines Advanced Pack
Madballs in... Babe: Invasion
Max Payne 1
Max Payne 2
Mirror's Edge
Osmos
Quake 2
Quake 2: Ground Zero
Quake 2: The Reckoning
Quake Mission pack: Scourge of Armagon
Quake Mission pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
Stalker: Clear Sky
Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi outcast
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Universe at War: Earth Assault
Wolfenstein 3D
Wolfenstein 3D: Spear of Destiny
Call of Duty: World at War
Street Fighter 4
Torchlight

Pretty fuxing good holiday haul, I must say :o

Boo Boo Juice 01-07-2010 05:28 AM

Grr:mad: I can see that Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition calling my name. They need to get on the ball and put a price up so I can pre-order that shiz :D

dlink 01-07-2010 04:31 PM

I'm thinking of pikcing up Serious Sam HD weekend deal, only 6,79€ is it worth it? I liked the other serious same games :)

MegaMustaine 01-07-2010 06:46 PM

If you like SS then YES!!!!

Telee 01-07-2010 07:05 PM

In the end, I got:

- Alpha Prime
- Half-Life: Blue Shift
- Half-Life: Opposing Force
- Judge Dredd: Dredd Vs. Death (from Zuljin)

Got for others:
- Grand Theft Auto IV (for Sang)

Some other great deals but I'm trying to save cash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delicieuxz (Post 910436)
I wish I'd bought a 2nd copy of Crysis ME.

I just played a portion of H-L: Source, and yikes! I think it's terrible and can't see a reason to play this over the original. Gorgeous skyboxes are replaced with ugly ones, there's no music, and the recoil while firing the machine-gun is awful. Other than that, it seems some scripted sequences don't function like they did in the original, and the game compensates by just, say, automatically unlocking whatever door is relevant for you instead of having an NPC unlock it with an eye-scan, or something similar. Definitely not worth $2.50 or anything for someone who already owns H-L, and if someone didn't own it yet, I'd 100% recommend they buy the original and avoid the Source remake.

Did you play the same game I did? Only 3D skyboxes were added in certain areas and they look a lot better than the original. There's definitely music, and I don't remember any absent tracks. Can't say about the recoil compared to the original but it didn't bother me. As for the missing scripted sequences, again, I'm not sure, but nothing noticeable struck me.

The original one is superior though simply for the AI. But other than that I don't see a big difference.

DerricktheW 01-07-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlink (Post 910925)
I'm thinking of pikcing up Serious Sam HD weekend deal, only 6,79 is it worth it? I liked the other serious same games :)

No split screen =/= me regretting purchase

Boo Boo Juice 01-08-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

I'm thinking of pikcing up Serious Sam HD weekend deal, only 6,79 is it worth it? I liked the other serious same games :)

I just grabbed it and played throught he first two levels. It is great fun for 6 bucks. Get it.

Delicieuxz 01-08-2010 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telee (Post 910940)
In the end, I got:
Did you play the same game I did? Only 3D skyboxes were added in certain areas and they look a lot better than the original. There's definitely music, and I don't remember any absent tracks. Can't say about the recoil compared to the original but it didn't bother me. As for the missing scripted sequences, again, I'm not sure, but nothing noticeable struck me.

The original one is superior though simply for the AI. But other than that I don't see a big difference.

No music where there previously was for me, the 3d skyboxes look awful compared to the original backdrops, and the recoil with the machine gun is like you're on a floating boat going up and down.

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Quote:

I'm thinking of pikcing up Serious Sam HD weekend deal, only 6,79€ is it worth it? I liked the other serious same games :)

I just played the final level, Great Pyramid, in coop with 7 other people on the Serious difficulty setting. It was pretty awesome. I hope tons and tons of people buy this game so that there will always be lots of online games to join. I also hope that it will be modable, so that crazy difficulty settings can be made and things like the skyboxes can be changed. There should be like a chain-gifting of this game to make sure lots of people get it: like one person buys it for someone, then that person in turn has to buy it for another person, who in turn has to buy it for yet another person... while it's still on sale, that is :p

dlink 01-08-2010 05:44 PM

Thanks for replys and input guys ! It's not many places on the net/forums where you'll get a proper serious reply. I might aswel pick it up then.

Delicieuxz 01-08-2010 11:39 PM

Just fyi, dedicated server support isn't yet there, so you'll often have terrible pings in coop games, but Croteam have said dedicated server support is coming in a future patch.

Delicieuxz 01-14-2010 01:19 PM

Gothic 2 Gold was just released on Steam. I didn't expect that.

Sang 01-14-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delicieuxz (Post 911257)
Just fyi, dedicated server support isn't yet there, so you'll often have terrible pings in coop games, but Croteam have said dedicated server support is coming in a future patch.

Huh, why do people only care when IW does that? ;)

Delicieuxz 01-14-2010 07:52 PM

Did IW say dedicated support was to come in a patch? I think it's not as big a deal with SS, because we know it's coming, and because I'm happy to see a remake of the game at all, plus, it's a budget-priced game.

ZuljinRaynor 01-14-2010 08:12 PM

It's cause IW made a competitive game. SS I don't think is rather competitive and mainly for fun with friends. Usually listen servers suffice for that; especially coop.

Orochi Avlis 01-15-2010 06:33 PM

O-M-G!

AvP from 1999 is now on Steam for 5 bucks.
Sold!

Morbid 01-15-2010 06:54 PM

or 2,99 €... That's ******* amazing! thx. I missed that game so much... time for a reinstall!

Micki! 01-15-2010 07:58 PM

I got AVP...

Seriously, i hope they add multiplayer support for it, that would be so awesome..!

Duke's New Chainsaw 01-15-2010 08:43 PM

Yeah, I had some fun times with the mp. :D