3D Realms Forums

3D Realms Forums (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/index.php)
-   Duke Nukem 3D Xbox LIVE (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Duke Nukem 3D XBLA now on Amazon.com (https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35264)

Joe Siegler 04-08-2009 03:09 PM

Duke Nukem 3D XBLA now on Amazon.com
 
For those of you who haven't bought Duke Nukem 3D for Xbox Live Arcade, or wished you could buy a copy for a friend, there is a new option available to you.

Effective immediately, you can buy Duke Nukem 3D for Xbox LIVE Arcade via Amazon.com. Amazon has an Xbox LIVE store where you can buy the game through them and you get a coupon code which will allow you to download the game over XBLA. This has a couple of advantages over buying directly through your Xbox 360.
  • If you want to buy a copy for a friend, you can do that now.
  • You don't have to use "Microsoft Points" (this uses real dollars), so you only have to spend exactly the amount of money you want, not have all those extra points unused in your MS account.
  • You can use Amazon.com gift certificates to buy the games.
So if you are in need of Duke Nukem 3D, check out the page for it on Amazon.com, or their entire Xbox LIVE store here.


Boo Boo Juice 04-08-2009 04:59 PM

Re: Duke Nukem 3D XBLA now on Amazon.com
 
This is really slick! Not just the fact that you can get Duke Nukem 3D on there, but that you can get any XBLA title from them. There is one concern I have - Let's say I buy Duke Nukem 3D. Then a few months down the road my xbox breaks. Do I have to buy Duke again?

I had a code to download the brawler pack for Street Fighter 4, and then my xbox broke. When I got my new xbox I couldn't just redownload the brawler pack, I had to actually buy the damn thing. I was pretty mad about that :mad:

Lime 04-08-2009 11:41 PM

Re: Duke Nukem 3D XBLA now on Amazon.com
 
There certainly has been a lot of Duke chatter from 3dRealms lately.

Joe Siegler 04-09-2009 06:13 AM

Re: Duke Nukem 3D XBLA now on Amazon.com
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo Juice (Post 854095)
This is really slick! Not just the fact that you can get Duke Nukem 3D on there, but that you can get any XBLA title from them. There is one concern I have - Let's say I buy Duke Nukem 3D. Then a few months down the road my xbox breaks. Do I have to buy Duke again?

I had a code to download the brawler pack for Street Fighter 4, and then my xbox broke. When I got my new xbox I couldn't just redownload the brawler pack, I had to actually buy the damn thing. I was pretty mad about that :mad:

That's a function of the Xbox system, not Amazon. Once something is married to your 360 account, you should be able to download it. Go to your download history, and you can see everything you've ever downloaded there.

Boo Boo Juice 04-09-2009 06:57 AM

Re: Duke Nukem 3D XBLA now on Amazon.com
 
Thanks for that, Joe.

Too bad the game is banned in Korea though :(

Talos 04-14-2009 08:18 AM

Re: Duke Nukem 3D XBLA now on Amazon.com
 
Yeah, about that banned issue:

Will I be able to download the game if I own one of these codes and live in Germany? Just a question. Because if so - Hooray!

GambitMR 04-19-2009 02:35 PM

Re: Duke Nukem 3D XBLA now on Amazon.com
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Talos (Post 856066)
Yeah, about that banned issue:

Will I be able to download the game if I own one of these codes and live in Germany? Just a question. Because if so - Hooray!

+4 XBLA Duke 3D (via Amazon) sales if the answer to that question is positive

ZuljinRaynor 04-19-2009 06:04 PM

Re: Duke Nukem 3D XBLA now on Amazon.com
 
I doubt it since the code is to buy the game so the code then is probably checked against the server, and if it is accepted, it's tied to your account and if your account can't access the game I doubt it will let you downloaded it/access it still cause you added this code. I'm guess it would reject the code saying this isn't valid for your location or something

I can't say for sure, but this is an educated guess.

Joe Siegler 04-20-2009 10:47 AM

Re: Duke Nukem 3D XBLA now on Amazon.com
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZuljinRaynor (Post 858964)
I doubt it since the code is to buy the game so the code then is probably checked against the server, and if it is accepted, it's tied to your account and if your account can't access the game I doubt it will let you downloaded it/access it still cause you added this code. I'm guess it would reject the code saying this isn't valid for your location or something

I can't say for sure, but this is an educated guess.

I don't know the answer for sure, but all this Amazon deal is is another way to pay for the game. I doubt (SERIOUSLY) this is a workaround for region banning issues in any way.

BloodWolf806 04-20-2009 05:44 PM

Re: Duke Nukem 3D XBLA now on Amazon.com
 
This is actually a pretty smart idea on 3DR's/Amazon's part.

TKM 04-21-2009 05:26 AM

Re: Duke Nukem 3D XBLA now on Amazon.com
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Talos (Post 856066)
Yeah, about that banned issue:

Will I be able to download the game if I own one of these codes and live in Germany? Just a question. Because if so - Hooray!

That was my first thought ;)

But it s not working, because XBL checks your IP Adress and then you can t add a code that is not for your region.

I know that because me and my friends bought the UK Version of Gears 2. It had a code for bonus maps included. I entered the code on day 1 and it worked, my friends however waited a couple of weeks till they had the single player finished and after that it wasn t working anymore. There was no way to let the code work even with a foreign account, because of this damn ip.

unforgiven 04-21-2009 06:03 PM

Re: Duke Nukem 3D XBLA now on Amazon.com
 
are these restrictions applied by 3DRealms ? or it's Microsoft fault ?

if it's Microsoft fault there are some solution for this issue , you can put the Game File(s) on Website and user could get and copy that to Xbox's HDD also advanced users could Setup a Proxy Server with foreign IP Address on their PC, connect their Xbox to internet through that Proxy Server and download the game directly

Steve 04-21-2009 11:15 PM

Re: Duke Nukem 3D XBLA now on Amazon.com
 
Microsoft abide by laws set by the countries in question. Proxy should fix it up, if you can be bothered.

BenSilverstein 02-01-2010 05:35 AM

Re: Duke Nukem 3D XBLA now on Amazon.com
 
Yeah, the proxy should be able to solve the problem. Though the real question is why do they ban games in certain countries anyway?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Website is 1987-2014 Apogee Software, Ltd.
Ideas and messages posted here become property of Apogee Software Ltd.