View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
Nihilanth

"SOMA" by Frictional Games

As some of you might know, after wrapping up everything related to Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Frictional Games locked all the doors and windows and started working on a new game, new IP, continuing their tradition of not doing sequels to their previous titles. They remained silent about the project and the only piece of media we got was the concept art posted under a job offer on their blog. Until now that is.

The above site (nextfrictionalgame, previously used as a teaser site for both ATDD and AAMFP) has just been updated with a sci-fi progress bar (currently at 11%), suggesting an upcoming reveal of the game, after over 3 years since TDD. Whatever comes out when it reaches 100% is unknown but I think it's safe to assume we'll finally get some details on the project (hopefully!).

We don't know a lot about it. What we do know is that this next game will, once again, be a first person horror game heavily focused on storytelling and that it's meant to rely on a more sophisticated horror than Amnesia.

As a big fan of FG (ever since Penumbra Tech Demo) I'm super excited for it. It's easily one of my most anticipated games and I'm happy something's finally going on with it.