View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 12:45 PM   #7
MrBlackCat

Re: If you could play any game for the first time ever again...
As far as reactions, back in the mid 90's, I did not know that the next Duke Nukem (which turned out to be Duke Nukem 3D) was in fact a "DooM-a-Like" as I called them back then. 3D First Person Shooter wasn't really a definitive classification term for me at that point. I was playing Duke Nukem II (on a different computer) while the new Duke Nukem 3D was downloading actually. (From Software Creations BBS at sub-28.8bps) When I opened that up for the first time, and Duke talked... WOW! Never forget that moment.

But the Duke Nukem Side Scroller to 2.5D, was a moment or turning point... as far as actual game/game-play that I would like to "relive", it would likely be Grand Theft Auto III. I was not much of a console gamer back then, and only got my PS1 to play the available Duke Nukem games. I got my PS2 with the hope Duke Nukem Forever was coming out soon, or would be for PS2 at some point. My cousin got this game called GTA III and was(kept) telling me about it, but I didn't understand the idea of an open-world game at the time. When he finally had a chance to bring it over, the gaming part of my life became divided for the first time ever... between PC First Person Shooters, and Sandbox games.

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)