Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > Non 3DR Game Discussion
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2014, 02:16 AM   #1321
Nihilanth

Nihilanth's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
But, it won't be an issue.
Whatever they show will be recorded, copied and leaked online shortly after. Bad thing about phones, tablets... and various devices. Nothing stays secret very long.
I consider that an issue. A lot of people are waiting for the first opportunity to rip this game to shreds. It won't help if the first look is a leaked shaky cam recording.

Also, 'Reveal' my ass. Talk about misinformation.

Reveal ≠ Secret sneak peek
__________________
We were standing on the edge of discovery
2014: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
2015: SOMA
Nihilanth is offline  
Old 07-03-2014, 03:01 AM   #1322
pjVgt

pjVgt's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
Also, 'Reveal' my ass. Talk about misinformation.
Because there will be nothing to see - maybe some more prerenders, so they want to limit the number of people dissapointed.
__________________
"Imma want my dukemz to pley!!!" - chaosomega
pjVgt is offline  
Old 07-05-2014, 02:57 AM   #1323
Nihilanth

Nihilanth's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
It's confirmed, DOOM will not be shown to the public this year. And with this comes another slice of misinformation, whether intentional or not.

This message from Bethblog and this post from Bethsoft are identical safe for one detail. On Bethblog it says that they'll show stuff to everyone 'at a later date'. However on Bethsoft it says 'next year'.

So it'll most likely not be released before 2016. Thanks for a pointless tease, Bethesda.
__________________
We were standing on the edge of discovery
2014: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
2015: SOMA
Nihilanth is offline  
Old 07-05-2014, 05:41 AM   #1324
Rapture_Rising

Rapture_Rising's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
It's confirmed, DOOM will not be shown to the public this year. And with this comes another slice of misinformation, whether intentional or not.

This message from Bethblog and this post from Bethsoft are identical safe for one detail. On Bethblog it says that they'll show stuff to everyone 'at a later date'. However on Bethsoft it says 'next year'.

So it'll most likely not be released before 2016. Thanks for a pointless tease, Bethesda.
Well, Bethesda are only going to shoot themselves in the foot, i give it an hour after the showing and the internet will be flooded with shaky-cam Doom footage.
__________________
Here we go folks... The rarest creature in nature... The Duketard. I will now approach him very quitely and... Jam my thumb in his butt hole. That should REALLY piss him off!.
Last edited by Rapture_Rising; 07-05-2014 at 05:48 AM.
Rapture_Rising is offline  
Old 07-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #1325
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Damien_Azreal's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
To me, this all screams one thing.

They are using Doom as a way to get people into QuakeCon.


A know lots and lots of people making comments that they had cancelled plans to attend QuakeCon this year. And they had done so because to them, it isn't QuakeCon without the people who started it.
No John Carmack Keynote, the id presence won't be the same.

To me, this just yells that Bethesda are using Doom to try and win people back to QuakeCon.
Hell, Carmack's keynotes are one of the biggest features of the whole event. And Bethesda turned him down when he offered to do it. And, I'm willing to bet they've been feeling the reaction of that.

If Doom doesn't make it out until 2016, I wouldn't be surprised. If the footage shown was public or private. But, making it exclusive to QuakeCon to me doesn't say anything about the quality of the game, the footage... it just says "Oh shit... we need a big draw".
__________________
Monolith Fanboy since 1997

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Damien_Azreal is offline  
Old 07-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #1326
KO Gilligan

KO Gilligan's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
QuakeCon is about games like Doom. Right now, isn't Doom all the industry currently has that really fits QuakeCon? You can hardly blame Beth for that. In fact, somebody has to carry the flag for not spitting out another tactical shooter or Batman game.

.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
Thanks for a pointless tease, Bethesda.
That is a good point
KO Gilligan is offline  
Old 07-05-2014, 03:13 PM   #1327
Nihilanth

Nihilanth's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
They're milking the marketing potential of the DOOM name. I mean, they've announced the Beta WITHOUT announcing the game first. Also, we know that 'beta' is a bait, not a testing program but still, they've announced it in February. We won't even see the game until 2015. So it'll be a year+ by the time the beta even begins. They clearly pulled the 'beta' thing out of their asses for TNO marketing. Now they've noticed that without Carmack it won't be the same QuakeCon so they're pulling off the 'big epic reveal' which will be probably like a 2min video at the start of the event (because there won't be any further demonstrations, it'll be ONLY during the opening).

Let me make myself clear. I'm not angry that we have to wait for the game, because I still trust id. I'm angry because of Bethesda. They've released the teaser last month but we won't see the game until next year. That's AT LEAST 7 months between a teaser and actual media. Probably more. That's bullshit. It's obvious they haven't done that because the game is getting there but because they needed a bait.
__________________
We were standing on the edge of discovery
2014: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
2015: SOMA
Nihilanth is offline  
Old 07-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #1328
ScrewingUpMyRide

ScrewingUpMyRide's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ll-over-again/

Quote:
Having successfully rebooted "a bit of a tarnished brand" in Wolfenstein with this year's The New Order, Hines said the company has similar ambitions for id Software's upcoming shooter.


Hines said of Wolfenstein in the latest issue of MCV (via OXM): "The last couple of games were either 'ok' or 'not great'. It wasn't a franchise where people were desperate for the next one. Wolfenstein isn't Uncharted. We knew this would take some explaining. But developer Machine Games has now untarnished the IP.

"We view that similarly to Wolfenstein, because it's been so long since the last Doom game," Hines continued. "We are going in as if we need to prove ourselves all over again. We have no free passes. Nobody will assume this is going to be awesome.

"We are going to have to prove that this is something that's going to be fun and different that you need to pay attention to. That has to be our default position, we can't be: 'It's Doom, of course you're going to play it'. But that just makes us work harder."

It was confirmed in April 2013 that Doom 4 had been "rebooted" after a prototype failed to "exhibit the quality and excitement that id and Bethesda intend to deliver and that Doom fans worldwide expect".
I remember that fans expect line from Bethesda's infamous Prey 2 update. That worked out well. Also, Spoiler:
ScrewingUpMyRide is offline  
Old 07-06-2014, 09:39 PM   #1329
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Damien_Azreal's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Disagree.

I love Raven's Wolfenstein, but MachineGames Wolf:TNO is fecking badass.
I'd be happy if they just gave MachineGames Doom, Wolf and Quake.
__________________
Monolith Fanboy since 1997

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Damien_Azreal is offline  
Old 07-06-2014, 09:55 PM   #1330
ScrewingUpMyRide

ScrewingUpMyRide's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
I'd be happy if they just gave MachineGames Doom, Wolf and Quake.


I've played through Wolfenstein (2009) 3 times. I immediately uninstalled New Order after finishing it. The shooting feels nice but the story, world building and pacing is under cooked. Whatever magic Starbreeze once had is long gone. New Order is subpar Riddick. It's better than Syndicate and Dark Athena, but a nothing next to The Darkness and Butcher Bay.
ScrewingUpMyRide is offline  
Old 07-07-2014, 02:52 AM   #1331
Nihilanth

Nihilanth's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
I'd be happy if they just gave MachineGames Doom, Wolf and Quake.
You're entitled to your opinion... But honestly, by now I'm f*cking tired of hearing that. Everyone's like "oh, let Machinegames make id games", the hell? Everyone glorifies the hell out of them for whatever reason. I don't hate them, mind you, but I fail to understand how come everyone's so damn confident in them. Because, litereally, I hear that sentence every single time.
__________________
We were standing on the edge of discovery
2014: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
2015: SOMA
Nihilanth is offline  
Old 07-07-2014, 03:12 AM   #1332
ScrewingUpMyRide

ScrewingUpMyRide's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Machinegames are just the flavor of the month. Since big releases are so few and far between, people have blown Wolfenstein out of proportion. It's not that special.
ScrewingUpMyRide is offline  
Old 07-07-2014, 07:15 AM   #1333
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Damien_Azreal's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewingUpMyRide View Post


I've played through Wolfenstein (2009) 3 times. I immediately uninstalled New Order after finishing it. The shooting feels nice but the story, world building and pacing is under cooked. Whatever magic Starbreeze once had is long gone. New Order is subpar Riddick. It's better than Syndicate and Dark Athena, but a nothing next to The Darkness and Butcher Bay.
Well yeah, Starbreeze has lost it's magic. You mention The Syndicate, you do know that the people in MachineGames left Starbreeze early in The Syndiciate's development because they didn't like how EA was running things.
Telling them how and why they could and couldn't do certain things.
And personally, The Darkness... is good, but it's not as great as people make it out to be. The world is empty, boring and pointless. The gunplay is really bad. To me, The Darkness II is a much better game.

It's all opinion, and to me The New Order is awesome.
It's not some "flavor of the month".
I'm sorry the game didn't do it for you, but for me (and many, many others) it did. And then some. Story was solid, characters are great, combat and gameplay are fantastic.
I love RtCW and Raven's Wolf, and I love Wolf:TNO. It's the most fun I've had with a shooter since Shadow Warrior, and possibly... BulletStorm/Singularity before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilanth
You're entitled to your opinion... But honestly, by now I'm f*cking tired of hearing that. Everyone's like "oh, let Machinegames make id games", the hell? Everyone glorifies the hell out of them for whatever reason. I don't hate them, mind you, but I fail to understand how come everyone's so damn confident in them. Because, litereally, I hear that sentence every single time.
And, sorry, but I really don't care if you're tired of hearing it.
To a lot of us, it's true. There are very few studios around these days that are worthy of developing titles in these older series.
Flying Wild Hog is one, their Shadow Warrior is beyond badass. I'd love to see them get the chance to dive into other series.

And MachineGames is another. Possibly not for everyone, but for a lot of people the new Wolfenstein is worthy of the praise.
The people making those statements are confident in them because they delivered on Wolf.
And, sorry Nihilanth, coming from someone who's never liked any of the Wolf games in the current trilogy...
All you did was trash on the game from the minute is was announced, then acted all shocked when you got it and didn't like it.
Yet, you said your only interest in it was the engine it was running as you never liked the Wolf series and didn't care about this one.
__________________
Monolith Fanboy since 1997

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Damien_Azreal is offline  
Old 07-07-2014, 08:31 AM   #1334
Nihilanth

Nihilanth's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
The world where an incoherent mess like TNO is enough for people to have such a huge confidence in a developer is indeed a very depressing place.
__________________
We were standing on the edge of discovery
2014: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
2015: SOMA
Nihilanth is offline  
Old 07-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #1335
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Damien_Azreal's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Sorry my opinion is different from yours. Guess I'm wrong, I shall go sit in shame of my horrible preferences and concede to your shinning taste from here on out.
__________________
Monolith Fanboy since 1997

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Damien_Azreal is offline  
Old 07-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #1336
Nihilanth

Nihilanth's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
It's funny because it's you who told me some time ago that my taste is horrible, not the other way around.
__________________
We were standing on the edge of discovery
2014: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
2015: SOMA
Nihilanth is offline  
Old 07-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #1337
ScrewingUpMyRide

ScrewingUpMyRide's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
And personally, The Darkness... is good, but it's not as great as people make it out to be. The world is empty, boring and pointless. The gunplay is really bad. To me, The Darkness II is a much better game.

It's all opinion, and to me The New Order is awesome.
It's not some "flavor of the month".
I'm sorry the game didn't do it for you, but for me (and many, many others) it did. And then some. Story was solid, characters are great, combat and gameplay are fantastic.
I love RtCW and Raven's Wolf, and I love Wolf:TNO. It's the most fun I've had with a shooter since Shadow Warrior, and possibly... BulletStorm/Singularity before that.
The reason I liked The Darkness wasn't for the shooting. No one would say it did that particularly well. The world building and sense of place was incredible. It's inverted now. The shooting's great, but the exploration is underwhelming.

The Machinegames crew did some work on Syndicate and it shows. They are now a gameplay first company. It's not what I wanted from them.

And loads of people didn't care for New Order. It didn't review well (it's neither here nor there if you care about reviews or not) and it only reached number 4 in the charts (that's lower than Mario Cart 8) despite being on 5 Skus. Not great.

The current group at Starbreeze are a stronger studio than Machinegames. I would take another game like Brothers or Payday over New Order any day of the week. It's a divisive game. Certainly not the masterpiece people are making it out to be.
ScrewingUpMyRide is offline  
Old 07-07-2014, 06:24 PM   #1338
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Damien_Azreal's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
It's funny because it's you who told me some time ago that my taste is horrible, not the other way around.
Sarcasm is lost on most it seems.
And, I said your taste was greatly different from the majority at the other forum... hence, it wasn't surprising when the bulk of the other members liked something, you didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewingUpMyRide View Post
The reason I liked The Darkness wasn't for the shooting. No one would say it did that particularly well. The world building and sense of place was incredible. It's inverted now. The shooting's great, but the exploration is underwhelming.

The Machinegames crew did some work on Syndicate and it shows. They are now a gameplay first company. It's not what I wanted from them.
The Darkness was good for me because it had good writing and I loved the comics.
But, in the end, some good writing, a slick visual style and one key emotional scene wasn't enough to hold the game for me.
From some horribly designed WW1/Hell sections, a horribly empty/dead world and subpar gunplay... The Darkness hub level design was a negative IMO.

And I know the guys at MachineGames worked on Syndicate, but they left because they weren't happy with how the game was shaping up, and how EA was directing the project.
I loved Butcher Bay because it was a solid balance of story, characters and gameplay.
The Darkness went for characters and style and dropped it on gameplay.
The Syndicate tried way too hard for style over everything else.

I haven't played Payday because... I simply have no desire to. Ever.

Nowhere did I state The New Order is a masterpiece, and it's not perfect. But it's a damn awesome shooter, that gives some depth to the Wolfenstein universe and the characters in it.
There are things it could've done better. But, that doesn't get in my way of enjoying the hell out of it.
And it's the first game from these guys I've really enjoyed since Butcher Bay on all aspects.
__________________
Monolith Fanboy since 1997

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Damien_Azreal is offline  
Old 07-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #1339
john_doe2
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
While the gun play in TNO is pretty good, the story does seem overly dramatic in a game that seems so campy. It kind of makes me laugh when BJ basically whispers to himself "War is so terrible..." and then effortlessly slaughters countless Nazis. And BJ's whispers do kind of get annoying. Honestly, I would much rather have BJ shouting curse words and taunts at the Nazis during combat rather than whispering to himself about the horrors of war. That IMO would fit the campiness of the game better. If the story in TNO had been taken a little less seriously and not tried so hard to be dramatic, I think it would have fit the campiness of the game better.
john_doe2 is offline  
Old 07-08-2014, 01:18 AM   #1340
Nihilanth

Nihilanth's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
And, I said your taste was greatly different from the majority at the other forum... hence, it wasn't surprising when the bulk of the other members liked something, you didn't.
If you say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal
I'm extremely grateful you are not the one deciding what FPS games should be played. (...) I'm sorry, but to me, your taste on shooters is just... awful.
__________________
We were standing on the edge of discovery
2014: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
2015: SOMA
Nihilanth is offline  
Old 07-08-2014, 06:41 AM   #1341
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Damien_Azreal's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
And, if you remember I actually replied with...

Quote:
I'm sure my taste and or views on some things are also awful to others, but, I'm not gonna stop posting because of it.
As I told you there, you take everything incredibly personally. I've forgotten how many times I've told Merc his taste is horrible because he enjoys a certain game. Or how many times I've been told my taste in games is shit because I like Kane and Lynch 2 or some other game.
Again, sarcasm doesn't work online.

And, could we leave discussions from other forums at those forums. We went through this there, it has nothing to do with this forum.
__________________
Monolith Fanboy since 1997

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Last edited by Damien_Azreal; 07-08-2014 at 06:56 AM.
Damien_Azreal is offline  
Old 07-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #1342
ScrewingUpMyRide

ScrewingUpMyRide's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Sounds like the Doom sneak peak is going to be extremely early if there's not going to even be press interviews.

https://twitter.com/devinconnors/sta...12362695077888
ScrewingUpMyRide is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 12:14 AM   #1343
Echo Black

Echo Black's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewingUpMyRide View Post
Sounds like the Doom sneak peak is going to be extremely early if there's not going to even be press interviews.

https://twitter.com/devinconnors/sta...12362695077888
They probably don't have a vertical slice of gameplay to show. Doom 4 (and its beta) could be much further away than previously thought.
__________________
“Having a reasonable grounding in statistics and probability
and no belief in luck, fate, karma, or God(s), the only casino game that interests
me is blackjack. Playing blackjack properly is a
test of personal discipline."
- John Carmack
Echo Black is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 03:12 AM   #1344
pjVgt

pjVgt's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Black View Post
They probably don't have a vertical slice of gameplay to show. Doom 4 (and its beta) could be much further away than previously thought.
Of course they don't have any gameplay to show. How long is development cycle nowadays? 6 years for the AAA title and the last restart was in 2013. I don't expect to see D4 until 2017 - and actually I don't expect it to see at all at least made by id software.
__________________
"Imma want my dukemz to pley!!!" - chaosomega
pjVgt is offline  
Old 07-15-2014, 10:38 PM   #1345
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Damien_Azreal's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Seems people just want to bag on it just because of the length of the development.
Other then some unsubstantiated rumors, and typical internet bullshit... nobody has any valid reason to hate on the game.

But, people are "tired" of waiting and so... trash on it with no real reason to do so.
Will they show gameplay? Honestly, probably.
Will the general public get to see it? No. And whatever leaks out will probably be very low res and blurry, difficult to make out.
And so... people will just use it to bash on the game even more.


Personally, I'm excited for Doom.
If not just because I'm tired of seeing everyone else bash on it simply "because".
__________________
Monolith Fanboy since 1997

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Damien_Azreal is offline  
Old 07-16-2014, 07:14 AM   #1346
X-Vector

X-Vector's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
That seems rather hypocritical since you don't have any valid reason to be excited.
It's the other side of the coin; Doom 4 receives a lot of hype based solely on its title, when the company that's developing the game is only a shell of the studio that created the basis for all that exposure.

Would you be this interested in a game called "Damnation" made by "ego Software"?
__________________
We're on an express elevator to hell... going clown.
HELLO, MY FRIEND - freindship make a happiness double times and divide sadness half and make us remove our unhappiness.
Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb
X-Vector is offline  
Old 07-16-2014, 08:00 AM   #1347
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Damien_Azreal's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Just because I didn't list any "valid" reason, doesn't mean I don't have one.

I'm excited because it's Doom. And I love Doom. Of course I'm excited because of it's title. The majority of games survive on hype simply because of their title.
I was excited for the new Shadow Warrior based on it's title. Same with the new Wolfenstein.
I'm also excited because, even though it isn't a public showing, showing it even in private means it's closer to release then it has been.

Yes, I do have concerns considering the turmoil at id in recent years. But, sometimes, fresh eyes are the best thing for a project. It sucks that the people we knew at id are no longer there, but that doesn't instantly damn a project to suck.
It gives it a chance to be something new, different.

Also, I'm excited because while I may personally hate Bethesda as a company, they have a strong record for releasing games I enjoy/love.
And with their most recent release, Wolf: TNO, I have a lot of faith in them to put out a solid shooter in the Doom name.


I have my worries about how id will be since the departure of so many key people. But, I've had worries about id since 2009 when they were bought by Bethesda.
But, at no point have I said "Doom 4 will be awesome because it's Doom!" I'm excited because it's a new Doom game, yes. But, that in no way means it will be good, bad, awful, awesome... anything. Just means I'm excited for a new Doom game.
Once I play it, I'll make up my mind on how it is. I'm not going to blindly trash it talking about how awful it will be, how shitty it is... when I haven't even seen one single frame of the game yet.
__________________
Monolith Fanboy since 1997

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Damien_Azreal is offline  
Old 07-16-2014, 09:39 AM   #1348
crunchy superman

crunchy superman's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
So it's allowed to be an optimist and bullshit to be a pessimist when both opinions have an equal lack of information. Got it.
__________________

crunchy superman is offline  
Old 07-16-2014, 04:48 PM   #1349
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Damien_Azreal's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
I said I'm excited. I'm not expecting good or bad. I'm excited to get it and see how it turns out. If it's good, then awesome... if it's bad... than shit.

I've expressed my worries, concerns and dislike about what's happened to id. And even said that Doom will be the game that helps me decide if this new id is even worthwhile or not.
But, I'm not blindly bashing it for no reason, nor am I praising it like a second coming of FPS gameplay. I'm excited for a new Doom. But right now, I have no idea how it will be.

I'm not sitting here praising it or blasting it. So, spin, twist, turn and take what I post however you wish.
__________________
Monolith Fanboy since 1997

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Damien_Azreal is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #1350
Echo Black

Echo Black's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
It just started. For actual stage footage, use this stream. Twitch slash quakecon will be more for tournaments and BYOC stuff.
__________________
“Having a reasonable grounding in statistics and probability
and no belief in luck, fate, karma, or God(s), the only casino game that interests
me is blackjack. Playing blackjack properly is a
test of personal discipline."
- John Carmack
Echo Black is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 06:07 PM   #1351
john_doe2
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Well, they just turned off the live stream. Now we will have to wait and see what all the attendees tweet out.
john_doe2 is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 06:17 PM   #1352
Echo Black

Echo Black's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Apparently the Doom 4 reveal was incredibly brief. They could be going for a Brutal Doom melee/fatality focus. I don't know what to think.

Geoff Keighley @geoffkeighley · 13s

Doom is an origin game. Fast paced combat. Set outside of UAC research facility on Mars being invaded be forces of evil.

Geoff Keighley @geoffkeighley · 11s

Today's Doom reveal is focused on showcasing combat. New cyber demon concept art shown.

Geoff Keighley @geoffkeighley · 17s

Melee combat is a big part of the new Doom.
__________________
“Having a reasonable grounding in statistics and probability
and no belief in luck, fate, karma, or God(s), the only casino game that interests
me is blackjack. Playing blackjack properly is a
test of personal discipline."
- John Carmack
Echo Black is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #1353
john_doe2
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Yeah, it does sound really Brutal Doom inspired. Might tick off some of the purists.
john_doe2 is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 06:43 PM   #1354
Echo Black

Echo Black's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
You get health back from "squishing monsters". Heavy focus on melee finishers. Monsters can melee fatality you. There's a mighty boot even!

A demon just ripped the player's arms off and beat him to death with them. The room is breaking out into a standing ovation.

Oh my god, it is Brutal Doom! And thus SgtMarkIV's ego solidifies in infinity.
__________________
“Having a reasonable grounding in statistics and probability
and no belief in luck, fate, karma, or God(s), the only casino game that interests
me is blackjack. Playing blackjack properly is a
test of personal discipline."
- John Carmack
Echo Black is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #1355
john_doe2
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Black View Post
Oh my god, it is Brutal Doom! And thus SgtMarkIV's ego solidifies in infinity.
MEGA LOL. He might as well be the guy making the damn thing.
john_doe2 is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #1356
Kristian Joensen

Kristian Joensen's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Dallas Morning News writeup: http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com...n-dallas.html/

Doomworkd impressions: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-4-g...t-impressions/
Last edited by Kristian Joensen; 07-17-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Kristian Joensen is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 08:37 PM   #1357
ScrewingUpMyRide

ScrewingUpMyRide's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
Wasn't expecting a release date but I'm surprised there isn't even a even year for the new Doom? I wonder just how far along this one is?
ScrewingUpMyRide is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #1358
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Damien_Azreal's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
I'm willing to bet it's much further along then most people realize.
I didn't expect a release date, year or anything. The game is probably in good shape and getting close to a solid release window.

But, Bethesda don't want to speak too soon.
__________________
Monolith Fanboy since 1997

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Damien_Azreal is offline  
Old 07-18-2014, 03:13 AM   #1359
Romulus_ut3
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
DooM makes you feel like a hero, BRUTAL DooM makes you feel like you are some lunatic. call me a purist if you want to but I don't like the sound of the melee and stuff, fast paced gunplay is fine with me though.
Romulus_ut3 is offline  
Old 07-18-2014, 05:03 AM   #1360
pjVgt

pjVgt's Avatar
Re: Doom 4 Thread Part 2
From what I read until now I think I will like it.
__________________
"Imma want my dukemz to pley!!!" - chaosomega
pjVgt is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:40 PM.

Page generated in 0.23869991 seconds (100.00% PHP - 0% MySQL) with 16 queries

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Website is ©1987-2014 Apogee Software, Ltd.
Ideas and messages posted here become property of Apogee Software Ltd.