Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > Non 3DR Game Discussion
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-08-2014, 12:25 AM   #3081
dan2091

Re: What was the last game you played Pt 28?
Finished Bioshock Infinite today, on X360.

Speechless. In love.

The only thing I hate, as in any other FPS, and perhaps will always hate, is the two weapons system. So many great guns. Shame. Shame. Shame on such thing. I f*cking hate it. Ever since I first played (and never finished) Rise of The Triad. Couldn't care less for such thing.

But I loved everything else.

Spoiler:
Old 05-08-2014, 08:35 AM   #3082
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Now, play Burial at Sea Episodes 1 and 2.
They really play with the story and it's impact.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 05-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #3083
8IronBob

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero - AS_Oilrig.

I was the VIP for the first couple of rounds, and escaped to the heli without dying...but when I'm a non-VIP fighting to protect him, I die easily, and fail to do what I was supposed to. So goes the goal of protecting vs. being protected.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure... It just seems that the STEAM version of CS:CZ must have went through some major facelifts over the physical CD-ROM copy. More Bomb Defusal maps, more realistic hostages, more player character types, seems that Valve must have made some expansions to it.
Last edited by 8IronBob; 05-12-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #3084
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Thief

Finished it. 29 hours. Loved it.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 05-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #3085
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Lets see....

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Great game, great shooter... awesome experience. Loved it. Finished it a few days ago.

And now,
Watch_Dogs
Meh. Honestly... meh.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #3086
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Lets see....

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Great game, great shooter... awesome experience. Loved it. Finished it a few days ago.

And now,
Watch_Dogs
Meh. Honestly... meh.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:48 PM   #3087
Bam050196

I've been playing Fear 2. Not too bad. Still haven't finished yet.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:03 PM   #3088
Kalki

Rage

"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 06-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #3089
Jeff

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls

Got some gear upgrades.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #3090
Waiter

Have been playing Anno 1701 for the past week. One of those games that make you forget to eat for 7-8 hours. #swimswim
Old 06-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #3091
MAT

Serious Sam 3. Amazing game!

How do you take someone seriously when their sig is the machine stats? -Tea Monster
Old 06-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #3092
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Dead Island: Riptide

Finally finished it. Took 21 hours. Not bad for an "add on/expansion".
Not as good as the original game. They made some odd choices in things to change/not change.
Your weapons can still degrade and break, but they removed the visual cue that your weapons are breaking.
Also, the new UI just... doesn't work as well. While the majority of it is exactly the same... they did change some things and just... meh.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:33 PM   #3093
8IronBob

Installed and played the intro maps to Wolf: New Order. Might need the weekend to get really deep into it, though.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #3094
dan2091

So much talk about id Software these days, that I wanted to share with you guys, I finally got a copy of the id anthology, today .

You can bet what I've been playing today .
Old 06-22-2014, 10:40 PM   #3095
KO Gilligan

Skyrim $5 over at Amazon. First it has come down like this, so I'm finally playing it
Last edited by KO Gilligan; 06-22-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:44 PM   #3096
Wamplet

Back to the Future.
"By god... Wamp has a point." -Damien_Azreal
Old 06-25-2014, 08:06 PM   #3097
Riddlewire

Far Cry Instincts Evolution (xbox)

Just like the first game, it's fun until about the halfway point. Then it gets so frustrating, you can only play in 5-10 minute increments per day before the inevitable ragequit.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:25 PM   #3098
December Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Gilligan View Post
Skyrim $5 over at Amazon. First it has come down like this, so I'm finally playing it
"The save game is corrupt and cannot be loaded"

Awesum.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #3099
KO Gilligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by December Man View Post
"The save game is corrupt and cannot be loaded"
Awesum.
Hope it's not an actual issue. I have not tried to revert to a saved game in-game. That happened when I forgot which F-key was for screenshot, and I apparently hit quick-load.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:22 PM   #3100
8IronBob

Quote:
Hope it's not an actual issue. I have not tried to revert to a saved game in-game. That happened when I forgot which F-key was for screenshot, and I apparently hit quick-load.
Ah, whew. At first I was wondering if your HDD was going on the fritz.

Anyway, played some CS:Source, DE_Port.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:26 PM   #3101
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Quote:
You should be fine.
Skyrim's engine is... very touchy at times, and the save system can be one of those things.

But, the game checkpoint saves often enough that with your quick save/manual save you're normally covered pretty well.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #3102
ZuljinRaynor

Highly reccomend you manually save. Quick save/auto save can be wonky. Especially back with Oblivion it was a big problem when you used mods.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:37 PM   #3103
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Loved it back when I rented it on 360, and love it just as much now on my PC. I wish they'd let you remap controls... or at least have a screen that shows what all the controls are.

But, what I find funny, people bitching because the game is locked at 30FPS. Crying that it needs to be 60 to 120...

Old 07-03-2014, 07:26 AM   #3104
Nihilanth

F.E.A.R. 2

Finally got to replay it (I've tried to do so like two or three times but there was always something distracting me from continuing). I'm playing on Normal but without slow-mo - I really like the intensity of it. The game is designed around slow-mo so without it enemies are really fast, which is nice.

Also, the texture quality is amazing. I don't know, I'm not an expert on this stuff but this is really weird. I mean, this 2009 game has those razor sharp, high quality textures and it's ok. But for some reason a lot of the newer games have a really bad close-up texture quality. Hell, the entire game looks pretty damn beautiful, even after 5 years. It's not top of the line and it is set in corridors but still, it looks great.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:40 PM   #3105
dan2091

Duke3D.

I almost always play the episodes in order, and everytime I finish an episode, a saved lot is used to keep record of each episode played, each one saved at the point before the episode final boss encounter.

As my internet was messed up, I couldn't start Duke3D on Steam (going through duke caribbean, there), so I went to ol' eduke32; saw no episode 3 ending on my save lots, so I started episode 3, again and, as of lately, on Come Get Some. I like it how it starts with a punch in the face, with oh, so many aliens and guns placed everywhere.

Flood Zone is such an amazing level, so good I had to start from zero twice as they killed me and I forgot to save.

The great thing about it, if you use the jetpack and every toy you have in your disposal, is that it's a very complete level, with many ways to finish it. Even killing the bad dudes feel like a puzzle you have to solve, as you make your way either on air or underwater, in the order you choose to do so.

Damn, I love Duke Nukem 3D. It has it all and then some all more!
Old 07-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #3106
Romulus_ut3
Unreal Tournament 2004.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:18 PM   #3107
Wamplet

7 Days to Die
Old 07-31-2014, 08:19 AM   #3108
smashed pumpkin

Dopefish Re: What was the last game you played Pt 28?
Started the new(ish) Shadow Warrior game last night. I'm about an hour into the game, and so far I'm enjoying chopping enemies with the Katana Sword. I like the graphics and art direction too.

When dealing with groups of enemies, what is a good way to increase your karma? I think you are supposed to kill everyone with a variety of attacks, but with only the katana, pistol, and ninja stars at this point, it seems like I can only register a two on the karma scale.[COLOR="Silver"]
Last edited by smashed pumpkin; 07-31-2014 at 08:20 AM. Reason: double post
Old 07-31-2014, 01:34 PM   #3109
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Vary up you quick slashes and "heavy" charged attacks. Also remember to use your Ki powers to break it up.

Your rating also depends on how quickly you finish off the enemies, and how much your hit.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #3110
Jeff

Flight Simulator X: Geneva to Frankfurt

Using my new PMDG 777-300ER & Europe OpenLC addon (open landclass).

Old 08-06-2014, 06:09 PM   #3111
Wamplet

GTA 4 Lost and Damned
Old 08-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #3112
smashed pumpkin

Update on my Shadow Warrior progress:

I've been playing a level or so per night. Currently on Chapter 6. I've gotten better at the karma rating. I've gotten 4 out of 5 when facing larger groups of enemies. Still haven't achieved 5 out of 5 yet.

I'm enjoying the game and definitely like the old school feel to it. I wish more games were released in this vein. I'm also surprised at the length of the game. I've been averaging 45 minutes-1 hour per level.

The new Rise of the Triad is up next once I complete this.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #3113
Stevey Boy

Diablo III

Old 08-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #3114
Avoozl

Recently I tried Risen 2 since I craved a pirates game, however I discovered it used the same engine as Gothic 4 Arcania which is a game I regretted buying years ago, Risen 2 still suffers from the same limitations but it's not that bad really.

The last pirates game I found good was Age of Pirates 2 City of Abandoned Ships and I loved it to death but also played it to death so I can no longer touch it anymore, and the next best one before that was Sea Dogs 2 known as Pirates of the Caribbean since Disney paid the developer to make it closer to the movie, and although it only has some elements from the movie it's still a great game.
Last edited by Avoozl; 08-21-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:07 AM   #3115
Avoozl

So it would seem my post actually killed this thread.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:59 AM   #3116
Rapture_Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoozl View Post
So it would seem my post actually killed this thread.
No, i think the thread was dead long before that.

For me, this would have to be the longest gaming drought ever, a steam library full of games and not interested in playing anything. Oh well at least i have Alien: Isolation coming soon and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter tweaked my interest up enough to pre purchase but they are still over a month away.

So i have been replaying GTA V on my PS3. In my opinion... the story takes second place to the actual game world. The details Rockstar puts into the game are insane. Going through a random alleyway and seeing two waiters and a chef, smoking and having a conversation or just listening to the ambiance of the city.

Who cares about a boring plot or boring, cliched characters, it's the little things that make this game stand out.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:49 AM   #3117
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Similar situation.
I've been replaying older games as there's been nothing new coming out worth paying attention to.
I've replayed the entire Heretic/Hexen series. And started Unreal. Only to get bored. Realize how awful the level design is... and how bleh the enemies are to fight.

Now, currently replaying Quake II and Soldier of Fortune.

I'm waiting for The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Alien: Isolation and The Evil Within. After those release... there isn't shit all coming out this year.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:05 AM   #3118
Kalki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture_Rising View Post
No, i think the thread was dead long before that.

For me, this would have to be the longest gaming drought ever, a steam library full of games and not interested in playing anything.
A little different in my case. I could bump this thread trying to come up with an explanation for why I'm setting aside a purchased catalogue of unplayed AAA games (although I do tend to dip into Skyrim on occasion) and why instead I'm spending an ungodly amount of time with the F2P Dota 2 but at this point I'm convincing nobody.
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 08-30-2014, 05:50 AM   #3119
MAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
Now, currently replaying Quake II and Soldier of Fortune.
Woah, Soldier of Fortune is such a gem. It had an insane amount of gore done good, unlike anything ever seen before. I wish I still had my copy.

How do you take someone seriously when their sig is the machine stats? -Tea Monster
Old 08-31-2014, 12:17 AM   #3120
smashed pumpkin

Finished Shadow Warrior tonight. Great game. Loved the old school vibe it had. Not sure if this is the norm for the game or not, but I'm pretty sure the game was making my graphics card heat up, causing a shut down. After playing for an hour or so, or during an intense section with many enemies on the screen, I could hear the fan slowly speeding up until the PC shut down. I'm running a GeForce GTX 570.

A friend gifted me DayZ on Steam a few days ago. I fired it up for the first time tonight. It froze on the menu before I ever got in game. When I got in game on the second attempt, it crashed after about 20 minutes. It also looks horrible and runs bad. Any websites with tweaks available?

I may go back to Skyrim for a bit and try to finish it up.