Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > Non 3DR Game Discussion
Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-16-2008, 07:33 AM   #1
bruce777999
BLOOD 1 addon Bloody Pulp Fiction
My name is wangho and I'm developing a Blood addon with another guy and figured there may be some fans of Blood here at 3Drealms. This is a description taken from my MODDB page..

"Deadland awaits Caleb as he is thrust into action once again by the determined Cabal who are stopping at nothing to kill, enslave, pillage, ravage, and bring forth unholy darkness in it's wake.
Caleb, now in the present, wants nothing more than to avoid the Cabal and forget any ties to Tchernobog, but the world is Decaying as the Remnants of the Cabal spread through out the globe like a Cancer.

Experience up to 18 levels of fast paced, adrenaline-soaked, bloodthirsty action in some of the most detailed and frantic maps ever made for Blood. Experience snowy cities, malls, dockside ports, graveyards, haunting forests, gigantic sea-faring ships, old forgotten towns along Route66, torture chambers, a dilapidated carnival site, Cabal strongholds, and much more."

Basically, the first episode is a tongue in cheek B-Movie Redneck Rampagish road trip stopping at many different locales such as carnivals, farmland barns, old desert ghost towns, swamps, and then in the second episode you move on to Deadland which takes a more serious tone and you must destroy the heart of the island to rid the world of the Cabal vermin.

Here's a link to the moddb page w/a bunch of screenshots and a gameplay video

http://www.moddb.com/mods/10028/bloody-pulp-fiction

Check it out, leave a comment, and keep checking back for a release date. It will still be awhile, however, but it is coming!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
Telee

Re: BLOOD 1 addon Bloody Pulp Fiction
I'm surprised Damien hasn't posted in this thread yet.

As I've said on AMC before, it looks very nice. I'm not a huge Blood fan but I'll be sure to give it a try when it's released.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
bruce777999
well, if you appreciate good level design, then it'll be worth checking out. That's the important thing... fun level design, regardless of anything new or what game it is
Old 06-16-2008, 08:19 PM   #4
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Yeah I'm well aware of this. Seen a few videos on youtube and followed a thread about it over at transfusion and postmortem.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 06-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
December Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce777999 View Post
well, if you appreciate good level design, then it'll be worth checking out. That's the important thing... fun level design, regardless of anything new or what game it is
Oh yes, level design is one of the major things what make Blood so good.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
razgriz

It looks fun and nice!
Old 06-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #7
bruce777999
Work continues with the BPF project. I'm getting closer and closer to nailing the lid shut on maps that were started over a year ago. It's a process, certainly. So much work has gone into this thing and I think we're really hitting the ball out of the park with BPF. I think these maps are the closest quality to retail that you'll find and ALL the bells and whistles are included.. and more..

Here's a few shots from one of the very last maps in the first episode of the addon, called the "Backlot." This is maybe the most active Blood map you will ever play. You'll be able to smell the "rotten candy." Seriously, you'll maybe hear about 20 different sounds going on all at once without sounding like overkill. If you like the Dark Carnival, this is BPF's answer to that.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:20 AM   #8
razgriz

^^Nice screen shots and thank you.

Also, will this work with Blood One Whole Unit aka Plasma Pack?
Old 06-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #9
bruce777999
you'll need Plasma Pak, so it will work with One Unit
Old 06-25-2008, 04:51 PM   #10
razgriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce777999 View Post
you'll need Plasma Pak, so it will work with One Unit
Thanks.

I'm drooling in anticipation over this.