Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs > bobthefish
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Rate this Entry

Rave/Club music, and my Experiances

Submit "Rave/Club music, and my Experiances" to Digg Submit "Rave/Club music, and my Experiances" to del.icio.us Submit "Rave/Club music, and my Experiances" to StumbleUpon Submit "Rave/Club music, and my Experiances" to Google
Posted 07-31-2008 at 06:06 PM by bobthefish

so,
most of you guys here on the forums already know that i do music. u have heard my duke themes grow from crap to first place soundclick hits. what ive been keeping quiet right now is that my first album is a go on random access recordings. im in cue for release right now on the netlabel. its a 3 track dark house EP and im very excited.

the thing is tho, i dont really like house. it just seem that im good at producing it. trance and rock are where my heart is at.

(actually, why dont you look at some of my suff: [url]www.myspace.com/bulmanchris[/url]
[url]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chris-Bulman/11988709369[/url] )

ive even been contacted lately by a few game devs (open-source community projects) to help them with the sound track, and some sound design.

how does this tie into rave music?

it seems that FPS games go well with acid and hard techno. (amaizing genres btw. everyone should experiance it at least once) i did a few simple acid demos to test out some synths, and i guess they must have been pretty catchy.

i recently met with a local band, as they were looking for someone to help get their mics set up on their drumkit, and someone who knows a thing or two about audio. we were talking about music in general and they asked me what i do. i showed them a couple of my trance songs and was shocked with the response i got.
one guy said "that is f***ing good. i wish i could do that!"
the others quickly told him to shut up so they could listen to the rest of the song.
these people are hardcore into rock, and never look at music like mine. i was absolutly shocked to get the response that i did.

i dont know where im going with my music now, but i hope its somewhere good.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 27779 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments