Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old
Rating: 3 votes, 1.67 average.

Fallout 2 isn't a good sequel

Posted 09-05-2010 at 02:00 PM by December Man ((Survival)Gaming and Rants)

I've been thinking about this lately(aside from Duke Nukem Forever :p). Fallout 1 is one of the best games I have ever played, but FO2 is not a good successor. It is a lot bigger, has twice as much content at the very least, but...

The humor. It is one of the most praised elements of FO2, which I cannot understand. The humor is overdone, juvenile, contrived. Way too many easter eggs, to the point that finding yet another one stops making it special. A lot of it nonsensical "lol...
Posted in Games, Rants
Old
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Disciples 3 - it sucks, why?

Posted 08-03-2010 at 08:00 AM by December Man ((Survival)Gaming and Rants)
Updated 08-03-2010 at 08:15 AM by December Man

Boring combat, linear map design, lack of freedom in choosing a hero, preset artifacts, useless shops, no need to hire other heroes, stupid opponent AI, mostly crappy character redesign, poor voice acting, probably the worst narrator ever, bugs, bugs, bugs.

Add the fact, that 90% of the missions are ridiculously easy and the rest is only a tad hard and you've got yourself a disappointment of the year, assuming you loved the second installment like me.

And why add critical...
Posted in Games, Rants
Old

Lesser known survival horrors - is Kuon any good?

Posted 06-17-2010 at 09:16 AM by December Man ((Survival)Gaming and Rants)
Updated 07-03-2010 at 06:02 AM by December Man

Kuon is a curious case. It is very little known outside of the survival horror fans' circle, and even among them it is considered mediocre at best. Which is strange, since I found it to be a brilliant piece of entertainment, albeit severely flawed in few major aspects.

It was designed by From Software, a developer which had been largely unknown until the release of their most popular game to date, Demon's Souls.

The game is set during the Heian Period of ancient Japan....
Posted in Games
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Lesser known survival horrors - is Haunting Ground any good?

Posted 06-09-2010 at 09:43 AM by December Man ((Survival)Gaming and Rants)
Updated 06-09-2010 at 09:54 AM by December Man

Haunting Ground a.k.a Demento(in Japan), produced by Capcom, is the lesser known horror game of the Japanese giant, the better known being Resident Evil. Why HG wasn't widely advertised by Capcom? What happened?

It was the year 2005. Resident Evil 4 happened. 'Nuff said.

It's actually surprising, considering the game has high production values, therefore a considerable budget must've been assigned to this project. Why Capcom didn't advertise it as much as RE4 is beyond...
Posted in Games
Old

Rule of Rose - is the most controversial survival horror ever created any good?

Posted 05-30-2010 at 09:42 AM by December Man ((Survival)Gaming and Rants)
Updated 07-03-2010 at 06:03 AM by December Man

In case you've never heard of Rule of Rose and the controversies surrounding it; there were on the grounds of game's erotic undertones involving a cast of female minors and animal cruelty. These themes ARE present mind you. However, there were also many false accusations, such as the supposed burying people alive, explicit sexual scenes etc. For more detailed information see the wikipedia page. I can summarize that it all involved the EU justice minister Franco Frattini, a group of MEPs, several...
Posted in Games