Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. XTHX2
    01-27-2009 02:51 AM
    XTHX2
    Happy Birthday!
  2. Jinroh
    09-08-2008 11:53 AM
    Jinroh
    Wow, sorry to hear about you having to drop out like that. :( That's no good. I'm sure the new game company is cool. It sounds like you're having fun and doing some cool stuff at least. ^_^ But yeah, moving and applying and getting ranked highly up there and then having to leave is kind annoying.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited, but I don't like to talk about myself very much. -_^ It'll keep me busy so I won't be able to just code something randomly like I do as much.

How was your weekend?
  3. Jinroh
    09-08-2008 06:44 AM
    Jinroh
    Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I tried to explain to the guy, but he wasn't getting it.

Oh well. That's awesome though, that you're pushing the voxel frontier. I can't wait til I can hear some public announcement about the game you're working on.

So how's everything else in life been?
  4. Jinroh
    09-05-2008 07:32 PM
    Jinroh
    Hey Hugo, I know you're a busy man and all, but I just wanted to know about your thoughts on Software Rendering?

I think it's a valuable skill and good for a foundation in Hardware Accelerated Graphics APIs and such. I know you're a handheld guy so I know where you probably stand -_^ but I just wanted to know what you personally though.

Because some of these people I talk to when I interviewed were like OMG software rendering why would you want to do that. That seems like you were wasting your time with that stuff. So we had like a 20 min argument on the value of software rendering. >_< Some people I tell you.

Thanks bro.
  5. XTHX2
    09-02-2008 04:09 PM
    XTHX2
    Hmmm is your full nick Hugo Smiths? :p Just wondering.
  6. Jinroh
    09-02-2008 08:37 AM
    Jinroh
    Umm...pretty much what I have on my site is all that I have online. http://jinrohdev.vze.com and it's just a bunch of random stuff that I've worked on at some point most unfinished.

I have a software rendering engine I work on every now and then along with a DirectX engine, but my site doesn't have my more hardcore stuff lol.
  7. Jinroh
    08-28-2008 06:50 AM
    Jinroh
    ^_^ Awesome, a commercial DS game that's great. You and your handhelds lol. Well, I'm sure you'll be able to brag soon enough. :D

Thanks ^_^ from my knowledge I got hired based on my Graphics Programming skills so that's probably what I'll be working with. They use DX so I should be good to go in that regard. -_^

Awesome, can't wait until your DS game is released, I hope it sells well once it's finished.
  8. Jinroh
    08-27-2008 02:51 PM
    Jinroh
    No, actually not.

>_< The Current Firmware Coding job I have has killed all want to code anything after work. I do a bit on the weekends, but I'm just blah not sure what project I wanna do so I start a bunch of projects and never finish. I did make a Voxel Construction from 3 sprites a few months back. It pretty much makes a cube, looks at the sprites and hacks away kinda like Ken's Method with Slabspri, but I think mine is more left to chance really. ^o^ My Algorithm is well, iffy at best. lol. I did make a sprite lib for the GBA but have done little more than make crappy test programs for it. lol.

I did just get a job coding Combat Flight Sims for the U.S. Navy/Air force, but my start date hasn't been set yet.

How've you been Hugo, still into Voxels?
  9. Jinroh
    08-27-2008 07:30 AM
    Jinroh
    Ooooooh No!!

It's Hugo Smits! How you doing my friend?
  10. XTHX2
    08-27-2008 05:45 AM
    XTHX2
    Heh good luck with your wadzip tool. If it ends up as good as you said, I'll be your number one customer :D

About Me

• About H.Smits
    Interests
    programming, movies,games,music (Metallica,Slayer,Iron Maiden)
    Occupation
    Lead Programmer , Tremor Software

Statistics

Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: 02-18-2010 03:21 AM

Friends

Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2

Contact Info

Instant Messaging
Send an Instant Message to H.Smits Using...
This Page
https://forums.3drealms.com/vb/member.php?u=5822