Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem 3D Xbox LIVE
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-20-2008, 06:51 AM   #41
TheGreatCleotis
Re: Duke3D XBLA Banned in...
Talos,
get the VPN thing working and you can play duke in Germany. I am in the process of finding a VPN provider and findind somebody who can install the whole thing. Its pretty complicated, but there is even a instruction manual online on how to do this yourself. The only disadvantage is that for the VPN service you gotta pay between 5-20 $ per month! But hey its Duke so its worth it. I am getting Duke no matter what
Old 09-22-2008, 10:59 PM   #42
leilei
I'd think the Japan ban would be from decapitations, brutal deaths in the endings and such, rather than the sexual content (tentacles covering naughty bits, stripper tassles and geisha statue nudity isn't really anything on their scale of sexuality in games, it would most likely earn them a C than Z). Shooting innocent defenceless humans in games is very bad there too. Several games from western regions have been modified for Japan in the past due to that reason alone (like you can't kill the chained up men in Blackthorne for the Super Famicom, for example)
Old 09-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #43
dicklaurent
What's going on guys...... I'm in Norway and am still locked out from getting this.....

ARGH
Old 09-24-2008, 05:31 PM   #44
dicklaurent
Ok. Managed to get it from Sweden...... but seriously guys, is Norway supposed to be blocked on this aswell? Makes no sense.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #45
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicklaurent View Post
Ok. Managed to get it from Sweden...... but seriously guys, is Norway supposed to be blocked on this aswell? Makes no sense.
I have no idea - that kind of stuff isn't up to us, that's an MS thing.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 09-24-2008, 08:41 PM   #46
dicklaurent
Ok. Well.. no big deal anymore as I managed to get it. But was quite annoyed there for a while :-D
Old 09-26-2008, 12:24 AM   #47
niconude

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicklaurent View Post
What's going on guys...... I'm in Norway and am still locked out from getting this.....

ARGH
Im in Norway too..

no xbox in my house unfortunately!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #48
dumbdude
WOW
LOL I was sher Glad my mom Didnt ban this in my house when me and my brother was playing it when i was like 5 lol.

No that sucks tho i say it should keep the rating of the pc version isnt it like teen lol.
I am going to need to get this just for coop and dukematch against brother even tho i still have it for pc with hrp and originall cd lol. i will have to show my freinds how awsome old school was lol. like lol lol lol lol wow i said lol alot

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!!!!!!!!

literlally tho
Old 09-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #49
hammer oz

this is stupid there are ten times more gory games apart from duke 3d and yes japan loves there hentai i think its down right stupid the Japanese are retards