Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Shadow Warrior Source Code
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 12-18-2005, 03:09 PM   #201
Hellbound

Re: excuse a newbie, but...
Siema ziom z mego pięknego kraju
Old 12-18-2005, 03:15 PM   #202
hitman71

HRP 1.7 sent to Proasm, and its the last from me.
Either he can continue with it or Parkar can pick it up when he sees fit. Thanks to all contributors so far, keep up the great work
Old 12-19-2005, 12:46 PM   #203
doomjedi

Thank you. I hope it'll get it working...
Old 12-19-2005, 04:26 PM   #204
Roma Loom

teh nukkalar rocket launcher in teh game
sw_rl_in_game
Old 12-19-2005, 04:31 PM   #205
3D Master
Re: teh nukkalar rocket launcher in teh game
Seems a little too light though, otherwise pretty good.

Old 12-19-2005, 04:35 PM   #206
Tea Monster

You can lay the wang smack dab on thier asses with that baby.

Good one Roma!
Old 12-19-2005, 04:38 PM   #207
Roma Loom

compared with the original - the brightness is matching with original perfectly.
Edit: here is a comparison pic
Old 12-19-2005, 05:12 PM   #208
3D Master
I see, I've got my brightness much less, turning it almost black. I suppose the model well get the same lovely darnkess then.

Old 12-20-2005, 04:38 AM   #209
cage

yeah first 3d weapon good job

it would be awesome if someone made the 3d railgun, I would love to try to make a skin for it

btw. ja tez jestem z polski
Old 12-20-2005, 04:42 AM   #210
SamSwashbuckler
Eep, you did a great job, but up against the rest of the non-updated graphics, it just doesn't look right!
Old 12-20-2005, 07:11 AM   #211
Luigi
It looks a little strange maybe it's the fov problem?
Old 12-20-2005, 03:51 PM   #212
Roma Loom

It looks strange mostly because the original sprite is placed under weird angle... also the proportions for the parts of the model were taken from the item sprite and the voxel... I'll shrink this thing on the top for example and will fix small details... but the thing is that with the current animation system for models in jfsw this model won't work properly... so... WID...
Old 12-20-2005, 05:05 PM   #213
NightFright

Rocket Launcher
It´s incredible you guys manage to work on *TWO* games simultaneously! This, however, might explain why we get so few models for Duke3D lately...

I guess the one that will finally do the D3D boss enemies will be the *GOD* of the 3DR forums.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:33 PM   #214
Roma Loom

Re: Rocket Launcher
Heh... The modelling thread in DN3D forum is dead if you haven't noticed... This one is dead too - but I like SW weaponry very much and decided to train my hands on it...
Old 12-21-2005, 01:08 AM   #215
coksakinol

Quote:
Roma Loom said:
compared with the original - the brightness is matching with original perfectly.
Edit: here is a comparison pic

It's perfect...!!
But as though missing....
Look at this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1009210-sw_rl_ingame_compare.jpg (61.7 KB, 309 views)
Old 12-21-2005, 02:07 AM   #216
hitman71

Stripes go the wrong way. It seems a little bigger than the original (i know the fov is off). Theres only 4 markers for heat seekers visible on top and the sight is way too tall.

But you know it isn't finished, so i'm sure it'll look excellent when you're done with it. Nice job on the texture. I hope you can do all the models so that they all end up with the same standard and styling (to give all the same feel).
Old 12-21-2005, 09:39 AM   #217
Luigi
Of course it will look good! Roma made it!
Just look what he did with the duke pickup shotgun, it looks awsome
Old 12-21-2005, 02:45 PM   #218
ProAsm

I saw the Chaingun pickup for the first time when playing today and its just plain awesome.
Not sure who did it but damn these guys are getting good
Old 12-21-2005, 08:29 PM   #219
Roma Loom

hitman71 said:
Stripes go the wrong way.
The black&yellow ones? Yep - haven't noticed really...

Theres only 4 markers for heat seekers visible on top and the sight is way too tall.
Nothing I can do about it - the fifth marker is there - it's just invisible - it's possible to correct it with deflines - but something other may become invisible or in the wrong place... or maybe I may change the angle of the actual model in the modelling software...
As for the sight being too tall.. well.. if I make it shorter - it will be too short when it's down (in nuke mode).. and at this moment the basement for the sight looks pretty much similar to the original one... If I make the basement shorter with the sight itself - the whole thing will be different to original...
as for the other things you've pointed on the pic - I haven't just managed to get my hands on them yet.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:35 AM   #220
hitman71

The 5 heatseeker marks are enclosed by a small metal wall. Its the bottom wall obscuring the 5th marker. Why not just remove that wall... And the sight being too short when laid flat ? I personally think it would be better to be right when its stood up then when laid down...
Old 12-23-2005, 01:34 PM   #221
DissidentRage

The LED panel closest to the player with the ARM light is too long. Shortening that should allow the weapon to not look as oblong and should fix a good bit of the error of perspective with it.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:36 PM   #222
Kennedy
switch 577
I made a model for sprite 577, the button, but I can't figure out how to export it from 3ds fromat to md2 or md3 format. If anybody can convert it and do the skin I would be happy to post it. I would suggest addapting the highres version of tiles 577 for the texture.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:54 PM   #223
TerminX

Re: switch 577
Quote:
Kennedy said:
I made a model for sprite 577, the button, but I can't figure out how to export it from 3ds fromat to md2 or md3 format. If anybody can convert it and do the skin I would be happy to post it. I would suggest addapting the highres version of tiles 577 for the texture.
You're more likely to find someone willing to finish it if you just post what you have done already rather than waiting for somebody to bite first.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:25 PM   #224
Kennedy
Ok, here is the model. It would probably look better if the rivets were also modeled instead of just painted on. Also included is a partialy skinned copy. I made it roughly half way then gave up because it was too time consuming.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1016703-577.zip (6.4 KB, 155 views)

Old 01-07-2006, 06:47 PM   #225
Kennedy
Here is a new improved version with the rivets added and basicly skinned. The texture doesn't quite fit in the gap between the button and the panel, but I don't have the artistic talent to fix the skin. If anybody wants to work on it they are welcome to it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1018333-577.zip (5.3 KB, 155 views)

Old 01-12-2006, 01:59 AM   #226
SamSwashbuckler
Thanks for the great work, guys!
Old 01-26-2006, 08:44 AM   #227
Piterplus

Re: Exchange of materials betwen projects
I not sure if we have an agreement about free exchange of materials between our projects (but it seems natural to me), so I just want to ask to be sure: can we use some of the SW models (or textures) as a base for Duke's stuff ?
Old 01-26-2006, 04:20 PM   #228
Parkar

Material has gone the other way (duke 2 sw) so I don't see any problems with it going the other way to. The Duke HRP is under GPL and I suspect the SW one will be to(as long as I am doing it it will be GPL).
Old 01-26-2006, 08:18 PM   #229
hitman71

Its gotta be a 2 way street surely... Many things have come from Duke as Parkar says.

Parkar, have you taken the mantle for SW HRP ? Are you keeping it up to date ?? ProASM, Are you keeping it up to date ?

Who's keeping it up to date !!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 02:02 AM   #230
Parkar

Yea, I am keeping it updated, well kind of anyway.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:53 PM   #231
Luigi
Where are you Papou008
The question is the same. Where are you Papou? Your models look great i hope you release it as soon as possible
Old 01-28-2006, 12:01 AM   #232
WarHammer

Speaking of borrowed models, the clock model from Duke (1060 & 1067) almost works perfectly with Shadow Warrior (3448 & 3451). The only problem is for some reason the original clock sprite in SW is vertically squashed, causing the model to be stretched in the opposite manner. To fix it either the original tile has to be replaced in the SW group file or the model will have to be reworked; unless there is def code for adjusting x, y & z scale I am unaware of.

Here is the model, new skin I made and updated def for anyone that want to use it: 3448_clock.zip - so long as you don't mind parts of SW resembling a Salvador Dali painting.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:47 PM   #233
Luigi
Maphack problems
I made a maphack for the first level but SW isn't loading them(the hacks are in the SW directory, i even tried with the zip file method). It gives no error, it's just not loading my hacks. Anyone has the same problem?
Old 03-24-2006, 08:23 PM   #234
Kennedy
Re: Shadow Warrior 3D Modelling Project
Here is a model for the caltrops, one single caltrop with skin applied and a group of 3 without skin. The single caltrop was fairly easy to model and has very low polycount (12 faces).
Attached Files
File Type: zip caltrops.zip (4.2 KB, 46 views)

Old 03-25-2006, 08:15 AM   #235
Old Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy
Here is a model for the caltrops, one single caltrop with skin applied and a group of 3 without skin. The single caltrop was fairly easy to model and has very low polycount (12 faces).
Nice model.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:20 AM   #236
Kennedy
New button models, number 567 and 575. Somewhat skinned, though the texture used was just a blown up copy of the sprites and looks ugly so it wasn't included.
Attached Files
File Type: zip buttons.zip (5.6 KB, 31 views)

Old 06-18-2006, 03:03 AM   #237
3D Master
Subscribing to thread.

Old 07-15-2006, 05:13 AM   #238
motionblur

Extant RailGunmodel ... anyone want to finish?
Hi there, guys.
About a year ago (apparently even close to exactly one yerar ago) I tried to create a railgun model for ShadowWarrior in Blender. I wanted to finish it for a long time now - but I don't have the time, unfortunately. So I wondered if anyone wanted to give this one a try at texturing or just enhancing....

This is the thing we're talking about:

If you use or enhance it - please credit me. Otherwise feel free to do anything non-commercial you like.

Grab the file here: -Attachment-
Attached Files
File Type: rar SW_railGun.rar (35.0 KB, 34 views)
Old 07-24-2006, 06:24 AM   #239
Old Sparky

Re: Extant RailGunmodel ... anyone want to finish?
Quote:
Originally Posted by motionblur
Hi there, guys.
About a year ago (apparently even close to exactly one yerar ago) I tried to create a railgun model for ShadowWarrior in Blender. I wanted to finish it for a long time now - but I don't have the time, unfortunately. So I wondered if anyone wanted to give this one a try at texturing or just enhancing....
Thanks, but how to convert it to work with jfsw?
Quote:
Originally Posted by motionblur

This is the thing we're talking about:

If you use or enhance it - please credit me. Otherwise feel free to do anything non-commercial you like.
I think that when you put this file on this forum, it's automatically owned by 3drealms, or not?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:28 AM   #240
motionblur

Well - it needs texture coordinates and a hand model ... and ... of course a texture first. Maybe some animatons, too?
Then you need something to convert it to md3 (which is the recent supported modeltype, IIRC). I actually don't know if there's a plugin for Blender that converts into md3. I haven't worked on it since over a year now.

And ... uh. No. Yeas ... well something in between. That 'everything you do and blah.. is owned by 3DRealms' is to protect themselves for someone sueing for ideas they had but that were mentioned on the forum.
Also the original sprite i modeled that thing after is already owned by 3DRealms ... so I don't claim the rights for the idea. I only want to be credited for the modelling work I've done.
othing wrong with that, now is it?