Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > 3D Realms News
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 07-07-2015, 10:41 PM   #1
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

The 3D Realms Website turns 20!
Launched on July 7, 1995, today marks 20 years of the 3D Realms website being online. Was something I started way WAY back, and it kind of amazes me it is still running.

Dipped into the archives today and came up with a piece looking back at where this website has been over the years. Check it out here:

https://3drealms.com/news/3d-realms-website-turns-20/

Let me know what you think, and if there's any bits you remember that weren't mentioned in the article!

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 07-08-2015, 12:35 AM   #2
The Duke Returns

Re: The 3D Realms Website turns 20!
Happy BirthDay to 3DRealms

So many memory's my best memory is when I got Duke Nukem 3D for my birthday One of the best games of the 90's I played so many games from ya Duke3D Max Payne Prey Shadow Warrior

sad memory is when 3DRealms kicked the bucket
Then Good Memory kicked in 3DRealms LIVES
Old 07-08-2015, 02:58 AM   #3
The Dukenator

While going thru my old emails, trying to figure out what was my original name was when I joined back in 2004, I came across http://forums.3drealms.com/ppvb/

The other thing that came up on the emails was a 3DR newsletter, no idea if its still around.
The old forum emails had ubb in the email id going all the way back to 2004.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:42 AM   #4
Kalki

Nice. I remember the stuff after 1998, and references to the "legacy" green tv site when I was lurking around then.

You might mention the 404 redirects with weird/scary pictures of the staff.
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 07-08-2015, 02:10 PM   #5
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Forgot about the 404 page. That should be something that's easy enough to bring back.

That's also the first time I thought about POstwhores since I came backonboard with 3DR. Had TOTALLY forgotten about that. I'm surprised it still works, tbh.

Last edited by Joe Siegler; 07-08-2015 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:49 AM   #6
Ras

The first thing I did when I got on the internet was to head to 3dr for the Duke3D cam that was running at the time.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:15 PM   #7
twelvepaws

Happy Anniversary 3dRealms. I joined in 2003 - couldn't remember exactly when so had to look under my profile. Was sad about the two staff members' passing. Enjoyed the staff picture. Any chance we can get some names to go with that?

KC Royals - World Series 2015 Champs!
Old 07-27-2015, 07:08 PM   #8
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvepaws View Post
Enjoyed the staff picture. Any chance we can get some names to go with that?
What picture is that?

Old 07-28-2015, 04:59 PM   #9
twelvepaws

I could swear it was with the website turns 20 link, but I can't find it today. Looked as if taken 10-15 years ago and had about eight staff members standing in two rows in one of the offices.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:08 PM   #10
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Was it in the "Office History Pt 2" link perhaps? I know I had some pics there that fit that description. If you find the pic you're talking about, lay some linkage on me, I'll ID the people in the photo.

Old 08-01-2015, 04:58 PM   #11
twelvepaws

Well, I never found the picture I was talking about, but went through the History series and found several staff pictures where people were identified, so now I know how most everyone look or looked. I also still have one of the slick, multi-page inserts that used to come in the box with orders in the early nineties. There were staff pictures in that too. I was enjoying the history and pictures so much that I got hooked and read through all of parts I and II.

Very interesting reading; I'm going to go through some of the other history threads now. Good Job!

Thanks, Joe!

Last edited by twelvepaws; 08-01-2015 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Add to Post
Old 08-01-2015, 08:02 PM   #12
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvepaws View Post
Well, I never found the picture I was talking about, but went through the History series and found several staff pictures where people were identified, so now I know how most everyone look or looked. I also still have one of the slick, multi-page inserts that used to come in the box with orders in the early nineties. There were staff pictures in that too. I was enjoying the history and pictures so much that I got hooked and read through all of parts I and II.
IF you have that thing, take a picture, I can probably id it in two seconds.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:55 AM   #13
MrBlackCat

Probably 10~15 years ago I made this from the Duke Nukem 3D CD Manual... mostly for myself so I would know who people talked about on the forum. At one point I realized, or it was pointed out there was an error in this which I can't remember what was. Not sure if this is the corrected version or not.

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)
Old 08-03-2015, 09:44 AM   #14
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Those are all the right people.

Old 08-20-2015, 02:16 PM   #15
oosin
Old 10-15-2015, 11:53 AM   #16
doggydoo

Not exactly related to the 3drealms website, but it seems the apogee software website is hacked. Homepage is spammed with nonsense. If someone (fred maybe) knows any of the people involved, please let them know
Old 10-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #17
MrBlackCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggydoo View Post
Not exactly related to the 3drealms website, but it seems the apogee software website is hacked. Homepage is spammed with nonsense. If someone (fred maybe) knows any of the people involved, please let them know
Ouch... that site gets hacked often for some reason. Not sure what that is about. Their forums have been screwed with several times. Someone needs to message Terry Nagy I guess. Not sure what his status or even the status of Apogee Entertainment even is.
I emailed them.

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)
Old 10-20-2015, 02:00 PM   #18
doggydoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlackCat View Post
Ouch... that site gets hacked often for some reason. Not sure what that is about. Their forums have been screwed with several times. Someone needs to message Terry Nagy I guess. Not sure what his status or even the status of Apogee Entertainment even is.
I emailed them.

MrBlackCat
Seems it's still ongoing. Also makes me wonder about the status, with not releasing any games and all.. Doesn't come off as being professional for external parties though..
Old 01-15-2016, 01:07 PM   #19
Bushido

Yingyang Re: The 3D Realms Website turns 20!
I'm still here! ....well, I just logged back in and it said my last visit was back in 2010.