Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > Popular Media Forum
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 08-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #81
Thief

Re: Batman 3 is now Official
A few more shots here:

http://www.thescreeningroom.ca/2011/...ght-rises.html

She could be mistaken for Bat-Girl (woman?), minus the cape.
Has Catwoman ever had enough coin to afford 'toys' as seen in the pictures? I can't remember. Perhaps Batman becomes victim of a little grand theft.
We choose our profession in defiance of the greed of the monarchy. We will not live for the sake of taxes to fatten the nobles' pockets. We choose to live the only life available to those who would truly be free. We are Thieves.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #82
hellchicken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief View Post
A few more shots here:

http://www.thescreeningroom.ca/2011/...ght-rises.html

She could be mistaken for Bat-Girl (woman?), minus the cape.
Has Catwoman ever had enough coin to afford 'toys' as seen in the pictures? I can't remember. Perhaps Batman becomes victim of a little grand theft.
In the regular continuity (not counting Frank Miller's Year One) she was usually well off and could afford some gadgets and to live in a Penthouse, although I can't imagine that she would be able to finance the same kind of military technology that Wayne/Batman uses in the Nolan series.

In any case I have my reservations about Hathaway since I've so far only seen her in silly girly-comedies; but Nolan usually knows what he is doing, so...we'll see.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:12 AM   #83
Kalki

Wow, the costume is near perfect so far, not counting the mask. Sleek and practical looking. The glasses are just as cool as the cat suit; high-tech with a bluetooth-edged functional appearance, yet thankfully not as flashy as the high-fashion ones you see in the comics and the upcoming Arkham City. I don't even care about the mask if they can't have it in without contriving to give Selina Kyle a cat theme. "Two Face" was given a subtle nod in TDK, the character was always Harvey Dent and that turned out brilliantly imo.

With all due respect to Michelle Pfeiffer, I hope we finally get a definitive representation of the sophisticated thief character I've always wanted to see. Like in so many other areas, only the animated series has ever come close to achieving this and she still had a pronounced cat obsession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief View Post
Or maybe she's borrowing it, like Gordon did in Begins. Wouldn't be the only similarity with the first film, with Talia (and the League?) also making a comeback. Is Bane one of their assassins trying to destroy Gotham?

Quote:
In any case I have my reservations about Hathaway since I've so far only seen her in silly girly-comedies; but Nolan usually knows what he is doing, so...we'll see.
She attempted to get rid of that image by doing a movie called Havoc. Never got around to seeing that one but I gather it's pretty steamy. She's done comedies since too. The Devil Wears Prada was pretty good and while Get Smart was fun, it proved she knows her way around a laser net.
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 09-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #84
Thief

Full Catwoman costume.

http://www.thescreeningroom.ca/2011/...-revealed.html

Looks fairly ordinary. Definitely less shiny than Pfeiffer's costume. Not sure if I prefer the mask over the cowl, though. Looks too "Halloween-ish", if that makes any sense at all considering every character wears a costume.
We choose our profession in defiance of the greed of the monarchy. We will not live for the sake of taxes to fatten the nobles' pockets. We choose to live the only life available to those who would truly be free. We are Thieves.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:28 PM   #85
dan2091

She looks pretty nice, actually. Really nice.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #86
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

I think the outfit looks fine. I know people are complaining because it looks too normal or dull. Yet, with Catmoan's costume, there's not really much room to explore without making it look really, really comic booky.

Yes, it looks dull... but a thief doesn't need a flashy costume.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 09-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #87
dan2091

I think she looks charming and has got a very nice figure for the role.

Some might say she doesn't look agressive enough, but she's not acting on those pics.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #88
dan2091

Has anyone seen/read the TDKR Empire article? It doesn't reveal too much, but the bits are very interesting and the few pictures are sweet!

According to the article, they're revealing more in December!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #89
Thief

The part that interested me the most is finding out that TDKR takes place eight years after TDK. All his toil during that time is going to turn him into one MEAN bat when we see him again, which will be awesome. Mean and more mature, if those two can co-exist.
Last edited by Thief; 11-22-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:51 AM   #90
dan2091

Yes! When I first found out about that I was amazed at the direction they've taken. I'm really interested in finding out what have they been up to in 8 years.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #91
FullMetalJacket
Here are some high-res versions of existing photos, along with snippets from a Christian Bale interview.

"My father would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy; the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament."
Old 12-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #92
dan2091

Oh, boy!!!!

The viral is on!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #93
Kalki

I googled the actor who according to some comments, was supposed to be the commonality between the movie and the document on Wired and I saw a nude image of him on the search page. There's only so deep one can go into these things.
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 12-08-2011, 03:15 AM   #94
X-Vector

Balls deep?
Old 12-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #95
dan2091

And yet some say you need to go deeper, just not that much :s.

In some sad news, it seems that Jerry Robinson, creator of The Joker, has passed away.

---Edit---

Via @thefirerises on twitter

http://twitpic.com/7qfl93
Last edited by dan2091; 12-08-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #96
Inanimate Carbon Rod

Old 12-11-2011, 03:25 AM   #97
Kalki

Oh those bastards are going to do it. Poor Bruce...

Free Speech
Old 12-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #98
dan2091

As someone else said, he has to rise from something, right?
Old 12-12-2011, 11:49 PM   #99
Duke's New Chainsaw

Prologue (first 7 minutes of TDKR) will be shown in front of IMAX versions of Mission Impossible 4 (only 70mm, non-digital) starting December 16th. Theater list here.

Trailer 2 will be shown in theaters starting Friday (Sherlock Holmes 2, digital IMAX versions of MI4). Probably online Monday.

Reviews of the Prologue and some of what Nolan talked about in his introduction (basic spoilers, press wasn't allowed to go into details): Deadline, Collider, EMPIRE, Crave Online 1 & 2, Cinema Blend, Coming Soon, SHH, AICN, THR

Breakdown of the Prologue - SPOILERS

Hero Complex interview with Christopher Nolan:
Quote:
“I tend not to be too emotional on the set, I find that doesn’t help me do my job,” the writer-director said between bites. “But you definitely get a little lump in your throat thinking that, ‘OK, this is going to be the last time we’re going to be doing this.’ It’s been quite a journey. Hopefully, reflecting that journey — by all of us who made the films — in the three films together will make it so they have a real span to them, some real heft.”

[working on Batman]
“It’s terrific, to have people that interested in something. It reminds you that it is a real honor to work on something that means so much to people,” Nolan said. “I’d love to be able to claim that I invented the whole thing and that’s why they’re interested. I did not. I’ve been given a very precious thing to do my best with, to look after and not to let people down. There’s a certain amount of fear that comes with it and intimidation but it’s also a great privilege. [As for the fans], they want it to be great, they want to go enjoy it and they’re fascinated by it. You know, there’s always controversy regarding things that people will disagree with but hopefully they appreciate the effort of trying to make something good.”

Nolan thinks big and IMAX is a part of that. The filmmaker loves IMAX and views it — and not stereoscopic 3D – as today’s best approach to cinema spectacle and, as he put it last Thursday, the “grandeur of the movies.” He and his Oscar-winning cinematographer, Wally Pfister, again put up with the bulky, noisy IMAX cameras for some of the big action sequences in this third Batman film and Nolan said that if the edit of “Rises” goes as he expects, about 45 to 50 minutes of the finished film will have been shot with IMAX cameras.

[opening sequence]
“We had a lot of fun on it,” Nolan said. “It was a tricky sequence to shoot but a lot of very talented people worked very hard on it. And I’m thrilled with the result. We shot it in Scotland. We braved the weather — it rains all the time there, a terrible place to do an aerial sequence, which is why no one has sort of done it before. You usually wind up in the desert or something for very practical reasons. But it really came off. We got very lucky with the weather and a lot of good planning went into it. I think it had a very unique look.”

[Bane] “I didn’t know him very well,” Nolan said. “David Goyer got me a bunch of stuff on him and we looked into him. I only knew him by name, I wasn’t familiar with his back story. He’s a very cool character. And getting an actor like Tom to take it on, you know you’re going to get something very special. Tom is somebody who really knows how to put character into every gesture, every aspect of his physicality in the way that great actors can. He’s a very, very physical actor. He transforms himself and it’s there in every movement. He’s not afraid to look at a character from the outside as well as the inside so there’s a deep psychological branch to the character but also a very, very specific awareness of how he’s going to use his body and his appearance to express that character too. Christian is like that too, very much.”

Nolan is fine with all guessing games — again, it speaks to the fan passion — but don’t expect the cryptic filmmaker to offer any hints. He does say that he was searching for a story that would deliver a true finale and close out the trilogy in a powerful and definitive way. He also said that Bane will test the bone and muscle of Wayne with unprecedented savagery.

“With Bane, the physicality is the thing,” Nolan said. “With a good villain you need an archetype, you know, you need the extreme of some type of villainy. The Joker is obviously a particular archetype of diabolical, chaotic anarchy and has a devilish sense of humor. Bane, to me, is something we haven’t dealt with in the films. We wanted to do something very different in this film. He’s a primarily physical villain, he’s a classic movie monster in a way — but with a terrific brain. I think he’s a fascinating character. I think people are going to get a kick out of what we’ve done with him.”

As for moving the action ahead eight years, Nolan said that it was a way to give true gravity to the events that were portrayed at the end of “The Dark Knight,” when Batman essentially took the blame for the crimes of Harvey Dent and became a fugitive from justice instead of a tacitly approved vigilante.

“It will make a lot more sense to people when they see the film,” Nolan said of the leap forward. “But it’s not a great mystery — it’s the jumping-off point for the film — but it’s hard for me to articulate it. I think the mood at the beginning of the film will make a lot of sense. If I had to express it thematically, I think what we’re saying is that for Batman and Commissioner Gordon, there’s a big sacrifice, a big compromise, at the end of the ‘The Dark Knight’ and for that to mean something, that sacrifice has to work and Gotham has to get better in a sense. They have to achieve something for the ending of that film — and the feeling at the end of that film — to have validity. Their sacrifice has to have meaning and it takes time to establish that and to show that, and that’s the primary reason we did that. It’s a time period that is not so far ahead that we would have to do crazy makeup or anything — which I think would be distracting — but it gave them something to get their teeth into, particularly Christian in terms of [portraying] this guy who has been frozen in this moment in time with nowhere to go. He really has done an incredible job figuring out how to characterize that and express that.”

[leaving Gotham] “It was pretty emotional as we would finish these characters and say goodbye to Alfred for the last time and say goodbye to Commissioner Gordon and eventually, with Christian, fairly close to the end, saying goodbye to Batman … it was a big deal,” Nolan said. “And with these newer characters too, finishing with Anne and all these guys. It was quite touching, I must say.”
Old 12-17-2011, 06:16 AM   #100
Kalki

TRAILER!!!!! Get it while it's up. Somebody please post a non-leak version whenever it's released.

Missing the beginning: http://www.twitvid.com/embed.php?guid=RZTDH&autoplay=0

(full trailer but not-so-good quality; skip the beginning 20 seconds on this one, it's from another movie) http://www.twitvid.com/embed.php?guid=6XG0W&autoplay=0

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Jv46RdLpO-c

Free Speech
Last edited by Kalki; 12-17-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #101
dan2091

And is AWESOME!!!!

Trailer: http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/

Youtube trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GokKUqLcvD8

Anyone got a higher def for youtube, the apple trailer is not working for me .
Spoiler:
Last edited by dan2091; 12-19-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #102
Kalki

Spoiler:

.mov downloadable links were available (see link) but seem to be down or are ridiculously slow atm: http://www.hd-trailers.net/movie/the-dark-knight-rises/

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's tweet: http://hitrecordjoe.tumblr.com/post/...i-werent-in-it

Quote:
#TDKR

I would post this even if I weren’t in it.

And to quote the YouTuber who uploaded it…

“Christopher Nolan also created a great movie called The Prestige…
The Pledge (Batman Begins): Shows you something ordinary, asks you to inspect it to see if it is normal. But of course it isn’t.

The Turn (The Dark Knight): Takes the ordinary something and makes it extraordinary. But making something extraordinary isn’t enough.

The Prestige: Takes the extraordinary and flips it on its head. That’s why there has to be a third act, the hardest part. The Dark Knight Rises.”

Free Speech
Old 12-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #103
dan2091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalki View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Nice way to put the Batman films, The Prestige pretty much rocks! .
Old 02-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #104
Kalki

Statues: http://www.maxim.com/comics/exclusiv...atues-unveiled

Free Speech
Old 04-18-2012, 01:07 AM   #105
Kalki

Interview quotes from Entertainment Weekly: http://batman-news.com/2012/04/11/th...ew-interviews/

Quote:
Christopher Nolan on Bane and Selina Kyle/Catwoman

[Bane] represents formidable physical strength, combined with absolute evil of intention. [Selina Kyle] has a very strong way of protecting herself and those she cares about, which implies an underlying darkness.
Quote:
Tom Hardy on Bane and his voice

It’s a risk, because we could be laughed at — or it could be very fresh and exciting,” says Hardy, adding that the voice he developed was influenced by many factors, including a desire to honor the comic book character’s brains and Caribbean heritage. “The audience mustn’t be too concerned about the mumbly voice,” says Hardy. “As the film progresses, I think you’ll be able to tune to its setting.
Quote:
Anne Hathaway on training for Catwoman

I had to physically transform,” says Hathaway, calling from London, where she’s currently shooting Les Misérables with Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe. “Chris sat me down at the beginning and said, ‘Joseph Gordon-Levitt did all of his own fighting in Inception. That one zero-gravity fight? He trained for two months.’ I basically left his office and went to the gym and just came out about five minutes ago.
Photos:
http://batman-news.com/2012/04/12/6-...-knight-rises/
http://batman-news.com/2012/04/13/4-...-knight-rises/

Free Speech
Last edited by Kalki; 04-18-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:19 AM   #106
Kalki

Impressions of the new footage shown at Cinemacon:

Quote:
Suffice it to say, The Dark Knight Rises footage was absolutely breathtaking. I was literally holding my breath throughout much of it, and couldn't even move at the end I was so blown away by this new glimpse we got. I know it was only another 5 minutes of footage, on top of the two trailers we've seen so far, but the more I see, the more confident I am that Nolan has not only topped The Dark Knight, but made something possibly even more phenomenal. It's the conclusion we didn't know he could pull off, but possibly has. The shots, the story, the epicness, the characters, there's nothing that can top my anticipation for this movie.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/04/2...inemacon-2012/
http://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1...rce=googleplus
http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/vid...-great-gatsby/
http://www.slashfilm.com/cinemacon-r...-the-campaign/
http://collider.com/the-hobbit-48fps...-rises/161642/

Free Speech
Old 04-26-2012, 03:00 AM   #107
dan2091

Tss.. Checking with a local theatre, TDRK is coming on July 27th, here. Why, God, why? the 20th was such a perfect day. My only hope is that IMAX get it on time :S.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #108
dan2091

This is soooo incredible!

The Dark Knight Rises Trailer #3
Old 05-01-2012, 06:24 AM   #109
Kalki

I've been replaying this all day thanks

Batman's "Not everything. Not yet." line gives me goosebumps every time.

You can download the HD trailer in various formats from their viral site here: http://tdkr07202012.com/ (click on viewing options)

Free Speech
Old 05-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #110
FullMetalJacket
Wow...this new trailer gave me chills almost nonstop.

Interestingly, though, they've revealed very little about the movie. We know the new characters and some of the new gadgets, but thankfully little about the plot.

"My father would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy; the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament."
Old 05-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #111
dan2091

The latest sheet of character posters are awesome...

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/edi...182011097.html

I've got a mixed feeling about the 'A Fire Will Rise' poster, though.. =/
Old 05-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #112
Kalki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan2091 View Post
The latest sheet of character posters are awesome...

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/edi...182011097.html

I've got a mixed feeling about the 'A Fire Will Rise' poster, though.. =/
I didn't catch the Fire Will Rise poster until you mentioned it. I think it looks good but a lot of people say it looks fan-made, a photoshop of the original logo poster with fire added and Batman posed on the front.

I hope you didn't miss the 3 International "Legend Ends" posters - they weren't in the link you posted.

Hathaway looks amazing.

Free Speech
Old 05-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #113
Kalki

The Dark Knight Rises - TV Spot #1 (HD)

Free Speech
Old 05-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #114
dan2091

I did miss them at first... :3

The Dark Knight Rises - TV Spot #2
Old 05-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #115
Kalki

Tried to edit my last post and add the Catwoman TV spot #2 but the forums were having some downtime. Thanks for keeping the thread updated Dan.

I can't believe the guanostorm of media being released the last few days, including the posters and TV spots.

It's WAR. Check out these posters from: http://collider.com/dark-knight-rise...osters/168420/

And recently Empire had some stills: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34076

More older stills are here and here.

Free Speech
Old 05-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #116
dan2091

Those rectangular posters are bloody awesooome!!! :3
Old 05-25-2012, 02:05 AM   #117
Kalki

Then have another banner poster, courtesy Warner Bros. India:

http://twitpic.com/9ox1ke

Edit:

http://twitpic.com/9oz6ah

Free Speech
Last edited by Kalki; 05-25-2012 at 03:45 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #118
Kalki

Free Speech
Old 05-26-2012, 02:43 AM   #119
Commando Nukem

I don't know why, but i'm not nearly as excited about this movie as I think I should be.

I loved The Dark Knight.

I guess the fact that I know The Joker was done kinda forever and is never gonna make a return, because Heath Ledger is dead, it still takes the wind out of the story. I know, i'm weird.

I'm sure it's going to be excellent though in any event.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #120
Kalki

I think I'll add that catwoman heel poster as my phone wallpaper. That lipstick is just perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando Nukem View Post
I don't know why, but i'm not nearly as excited about this movie as I think I should be.

I loved The Dark Knight.

I guess the fact that I know The Joker was done kinda forever and is never gonna make a return, because Heath Ledger is dead, it still takes the wind out of the story. I know, i'm weird.

I'm sure it's going to be excellent though in any event.
Yes that is weird And it's good - your expectations will remain somewhat in check.

New banners, older imagery from twitter again:

Free Speech