Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Shadow Warrior Source Code
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 04-12-2005, 08:29 AM   #81
Jokke_r

Re: High tile test
site temporarily unavailable
Old 04-12-2005, 08:30 AM   #82
Besli

Wow, nice work!!
But i think the red border of the rotating ying yang is a bit overdrawn!
Old 04-12-2005, 08:52 AM   #83
Eric R.

Quote:
Jokke_r said:
site temporarily unavailable
it's online now
Old 04-12-2005, 09:16 AM   #84
Quakis

Some fixes:

New ones:

(not really sure about texture 0000)
Old 04-12-2005, 02:06 PM   #85
Ras

Looking good! I can't wait to add those to my game later tonight.

Geoffrey, thanks for the corrected defines. That's another thing I'm looking forward to seeing in the game.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:26 PM   #86
Quakis

Hmm, I need to fix my ON and OFF switched, since "OFF" is "off" on mine, which I didn't spot. (Fakir and Daedolon did) so 'll fix them with a more bold lettering too.

EDIT: Fixed that switch

Old 04-12-2005, 05:37 PM   #87
djimd
Quote:
Eric R. said:
I've been doing some stuff hope you like it
http://www.geocities.com/bajadordecosas/sw.html

Very nice set Eric.
In your defines you have 2366 listed but it is not in the textures. Also your 2324 would be good for the intro pic ( with "warning mature content" at the bottom ) - i have looked through all the tilesarts but cannot find this one tho - anyone know the tile no. for it?
Old 04-12-2005, 06:48 PM   #88
Deth

wip
A work in progress. Any pointers?

EDIT: BTW tile #80
Attached Images
File Type: png 824139-80.png (50.4 KB, 185 views)
Old 04-13-2005, 06:36 AM   #89
Eric R.

Quote:
djimd said:
Quote:
Eric R. said:
I've been doing some stuff hope you like it
http://www.geocities.com/bajadordecosas/sw.html

Very nice set Eric.
In your defines you have 2366 listed but it is not in the textures. Also your 2324 would be good for the intro pic ( with "warning mature content" at the bottom ) - i have looked through all the tilesarts but cannot find this one tho - anyone know the tile no. for it?
I deleted the 2366 because it didn't look good about the intro pic "warning mature content" I think it's an animation and not a pic
Old 04-14-2005, 01:30 PM   #90
Carger2000
Im willing to do some textures. What programs do most of you use? Photoshop? (haven't got that)

Any alternatives?
Old 04-14-2005, 01:45 PM   #91
Plagman

The Gimp.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:04 AM   #92
Geoffrey
What happen?

definetexture 0297 0 0 0 -1 -1 highres/textures/0297.png

Not as many layers as the bookcase but it's close:

The 3 colored bars look a bit cheesy though, sorry about that.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:24 AM   #93
Ras

Yay, Geoffrey's back on the job!
Old 04-24-2005, 04:05 PM   #94
Carger2000
Not bad, not bad at all
Old 04-24-2005, 04:11 PM   #95
SamSwashbuckler
I like it. If I wasn't such a disaster waiting to happen whenever I do artsy stuff, I'd do some too
Old 04-24-2005, 05:59 PM   #96
Plagman

Quote:
Geoffrey said:
What happen?
Somebody set up us the bomb !
Old 04-24-2005, 07:12 PM   #97
shiranui

Ok, when I have got a moment I'll get to work on the Chinese and Japanese signs and posters and the pachinko machines.

Can someone tell me how big to make them? 4 or 5 times the original size?

Also, what exactly constitutes 3dr content, simply taking an original tile, stretching it and filtering it to make it hig-rez?

Anyway, the 3dr ripped the anime posters off.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:28 PM   #98
Ecmaster76

4 times the original is what we have been using for duke. Use whatever you want though.

Some advice:
No such thing as too big. It can be shrunk easily enough.

Stick to integer size multiples. Preferably powers of two, though as long as it works it doesn't really matter.

Stick to the original ratio!

Don't use the original texture. Start from a blank. Now, if you happen to be looking really closely at the original while you are doing it...

As far as ripped Anime goes, if you can find what they ripped, go for it. I think just putting in an ad type poster or a cover isn't that big a deal. Probably get chewed on for saying this, but whatever.

Though if you know anyone who can draw Anime style that would be awesome. I know a guy whos damn good, but I don't know if he would be interested or have the time. Finals are a week a way here (though not for me [co-op])
Old 04-24-2005, 10:48 PM   #99
WarHammer

I'm working on redoing the anime posters. So far I've been able to identify all of the series except for one and match up about half of them with the exact image used (including the magazines on tile 3476).

The only series I can't identify is this one:

Also I can draw anime cel style. You can check out my deviantART gallery for some examples of my work.

By the way, I did 0015:

Unfortunately right after completing it I got the bright idea to actually check to see where it was used in GRP Viewer...

Quote:
ArtTile 0015 was found in:
None maps
Old 04-24-2005, 10:56 PM   #100
Ras

I know I'm going to get a big "NO!" for this, but is there any way the bushido artwork on the wall (you can see it in a couple of places in level one, including the room with the anime posters) could be modeled? It would be cool to actually have it as a bas-relief. I thought of it when looking at the thin keycard model in Duke highres, but of course, that would require fewer surfaces.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:11 PM   #101
Rellik66

Quote:
WarHammer said:
By the way, I did 0015:
http://members.cox.net/catgirls/0015.png
Unfortunately right after completing it I got the bright idea to actually check to see where it was used in GRP Viewer...

Quote:
None maps

Your'e using a older version of grpviewer that does not find ceiling and floortiles, so you might want to get the most recent build (1.1c) from [edit] correction, here

Here's what the latest version of grp viewer finds:
Quote:
$WOODS.MAP as a ceiling texture <- There are 2 instances that I could not find
$WHIRL.MAP as a floor texture <- 3 Instances, 1 of which is the bottom of the boat you start in
Old 04-24-2005, 11:34 PM   #102
shiranui

I went to Roma's site; no sign of 1.1c
Old 04-24-2005, 11:47 PM   #103
Rellik66

Quote:
shiranui said:
I went to Roma's site; no sign of 1.1c
Hmm, apparantly it's only avaliable in Roma's sig. Anyway, it's the Unoffical Test release here
Old 04-25-2005, 03:32 PM   #104
Roma Loom

Unfortunately GRPV 1.1c is untested and undocumented to put it officially on the homepage. Though it has much more advantages than official release it's very insecure in Models Tool section - might start eating RAM and swap file and finally lock up in a matter of few seconds. GRPV is a bad example of porting DOS application onto win32 platform and must be rewritten from the scratch.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:30 PM   #105
LightMaster
bwahahahahah!!!!!!!

Old 04-29-2005, 01:22 AM   #106
djimd
Hopefully this project will gather a bit of momentum with the next jfsw release - A great start on all the intro stuff - it would be nice to see the main fonts done tho.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:17 AM   #107
jimbob

i think most people are still too busy working on the duke 3d stuff, once that is more complete they might move to SW

i still need to buy the full version of SW, i think i might be getting a credit card for buying stuff online
Old 05-01-2005, 11:40 PM   #108
SamSwashbuckler
You've never played the full version of SW?! Man, you missed out. I liked it better than Duke! With the high-res tiles, it should be even better! I don't know about polygon/voxel models though, they tend to be crummy :P
Old 05-02-2005, 01:06 PM   #109
Dr. Kill

I actually don't like SW as much as Duke 3d or Blood. I still like it, but I like Duke and Blood's styles better. I think Duke and Blood are equal, but at times I even think I like Blood better. It's a close one.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:30 PM   #110
Steve

Great work guys. Thanks
Old 05-05-2005, 03:11 PM   #111
Lt.Phobos
Great work Guys!
I'm sure in time you'll have re-done nearly all the textures in shadow warrior and make it looking great!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:58 PM   #112
GodBlitZor

5 textures from yours truly - 2762 - 2766

Any comments, Im an amateur at making textures, but I think they look pretty good.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:52 PM   #113
Deth

They look awesome but the last one looks kind of blurry in spots

Edit: to be more specific on the metal parts.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:38 PM   #114
GodBlitZor

Yeah, I was kinda rushed a bit. So I might redo them, or people can just use them until someone else makes a better one.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:22 AM   #115
Geoffrey
The black/yellow lines in the top 2 textures don't seem to be of the same width, is it like that in the originals?
Old 05-08-2005, 11:05 AM   #116
Boinky

Quote:
Geoffrey said:
The black/yellow lines in the top 2 textures don't seem to be of the same width.

I got a fever. And the only prescription, is more cowbell.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:30 PM   #117
GodBlitZor

yeah Ive already noticed that, I did those at like 11:30 and I was sleepy so I couldnt tell the difference, honestly.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:39 PM   #118
hitman71

First of all HI My first post here Ita taken me about 4 weeks of applying to get registered here due to not knowing the name rules ! Was trying to reg the username hitm4n (too 1337 i guess)

Anyway, all i wanted to say was Fantastic job on the port JonoF (i'm sure you'll spot this message), and i love whats going on in this thread with the gfx updates.

Been a month since JonoF's initial release and was kinda hoping for an update on march 2nd but sadly that day has passed. Any news on how you are getting on JonoF ?

Anyway, the real reason i'm in this thread was actually to be on topic !! Questions, about these gfx addons. Are we supposed to just keep scouring the thread for a few more new tiles each day or is someone compiling these into 1 pack ? Will there be a 1 stop website for this soon ? And is someone here dedicated to going through the entire tileset making them all crispy and nice or is it a free for all ? Free for all to me would mean a large variance in quality and style

Erm, thats about it. Hope to participate a bit and maybe dabble in some tiles myself
Old 05-09-2005, 01:47 PM   #119
Ras

Anyone can do it, and you'll have to keep checking this thread for the new tiles for a while. I'm sure they will eventually be collected into a pack, but not until there are more. Most people are focused on the Duke highres project right now, so that pack probably won't happen for a while.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:07 PM   #120
Parkar

Quote:
hitman71 said:
First of all HI My first post here Ita taken me about 4 weeks of applying to get registered here due to not knowing the name rules ! Was trying to reg the username hitm4n (too 1337 i guess)

Anyway, all i wanted to say was Fantastic job on the port JonoF (i'm sure you'll spot this message), and i love whats going on in this thread with the gfx updates.

Been a month since JonoF's initial release and was kinda hoping for an update on march 2nd but sadly that day has passed. Any news on how you are getting on JonoF ?

Anyway, the real reason i'm in this thread was actually to be on topic !! Questions, about these gfx addons. Are we supposed to just keep scouring the thread for a few more new tiles each day or is someone compiling these into 1 pack ? Will there be a 1 stop website for this soon ? And is someone here dedicated to going through the entire tileset making them all crispy and nice or is it a free for all ? Free for all to me would mean a large variance in quality and style

Erm, thats about it. Hope to participate a bit and maybe dabble in some tiles myself
I would say its a free for all kind of deal. It has worked supriseingly well with Duke. I guess the reason for that being a core set of people doing a large part of it and everyone else fitting there work to the "norm" so to speak. I suspect the same thing to happen here.

There will be a HRP for sw just like the duke version as soon as there is enough content but the true enthusiasts that can't wait for it will most likely have to update there sw texture by texture and model by model.