Originally Posted by prophecy holder View Post
Garry busey.

Full crazy.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:54 AM   #42
Kalki

Re: Batman 3 is now Official
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan2091 View Post
The Dark Knight Rises is the title of the next Batman film, according to this article from Hero Complex.

July 20th, 2012
is still the release date of the film and it's also confirmed that the Riddler won't be in the film.
I wonder who the villain will be if not the Riddler. Maybe Batman gets really serious about the whole villain thing and will step in to take over the mob and run things his way.
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 10-30-2010, 04:29 AM   #43
Mister_Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalki View Post
I wonder who the villain will be if not the Riddler.
Throat cancer.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:13 PM   #44
Kalki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Anderson View Post
Throat cancer.
He hit the blue flower fumes a lot in his training days at Ras'
"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 10-31-2010, 10:07 PM   #45
Mister_Anderson

I would have thought the origin of the Bale Batman throat cancer would have been more obvious.

*shrugs*
Last edited by Mister_Anderson; 10-31-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #46
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
Edward Norton could probably pull off the Riddler. Who else working today do you think could do it? Joaquin Pheonix? He's half crazy at least.
Well, the thing is to find an actor you wouldn't see in the role. Find someone who people would not think of. Makes the character far more interesting.

Nobody thought Ledger could pull of the Joker, but he delivered possibly the best interpretation of the Clown Prince
I can still see Joseph Gordon-Levitt being in the film in some way, Nolan was very impressed with him during Inception and has expressed an interest to work with him more.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 11-14-2010, 11:30 PM   #47
ryche

Justin Beiber as the Black Mask. yeah, that's full of so much awesome.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:14 AM   #48
Crosma

Exclamation Re: Batman 3 is now Official
I've changed my mind. I'd really like to see Hush as the bad guy, like ryche said. It would be a great opportunity to delve into Batman's character a lot more than they've managed to so far in the series.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #49
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryche View Post
Justin Beiber as the Black Mask. yeah, that's full of so much awesome.
Even mentioning that little ****** *** ****** in a Batman thread is insulting.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 01-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #50
dan2091

Tom Hardy is in as Bane and Anne Hathaway will play Selina Kyle, aka Catwoman.

Press release at Batman-On-Film.com: http://www.batman-on-film.com/THE-DA...e_1-19-11.html

Quote:
BURBANK, CA, January 19, 2011 – Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven.

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is slated for release on JULY 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
Honestly, I didn't see Bane coming. It totally surprises me, I mean it. And well, I can't say it's any different with Catwoman. My mind is fully blown by the news.

Glad to see the date hasn't changed. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, still coming JULY 20, 2012.

Edit-

I wonder how Nolan and Hardy will portray Bane, given Nolan's closer-to-reality Batman interpretation, with all that venom stuff and all. I guess they'll find a way, just like how that great 'JOKER' graphic novel got differents and more realistic takes on characters like Killer Croc and other villians.
Last edited by dan2091; 01-19-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:08 AM   #51
Kalki

Interesting. I called Bane for a 4th movie(thought two-face was going to be alive for the third) before TDK was out. It would fit to do things along the lines of Knightfall and Beyond. Then when it got confirmed that they were ending the story, it seemed like they'd go with The Dark Knight Returns. Now I feel the plot might have elements of both.

Of course they might have to sidestep the venom angle entirely or work it another way. Ra's al ghul immortality aspect was deftly handled and "two-face" was a nickname given some momentary lip-service.

Hathway's an intriguing choice because it makes me wonder what they're going to do with her character.

Free Speech
Old 01-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #52
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
That's right dudes, Batman 3 is pretty much official.
Well.. Technically it's #7.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 01-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #53
MegaMustaine

While Bane has been officially confirmed, Catwoman has not. Selina Kyle has been confirmed. I personally hope they keep Selina Kyle as Selina Kyle and don't introduce Catwoman into the movie.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #54
dan2091

I believe Catwoman could work in the context of the copycats that were introduced in The Dark Knight. Maybe not. Anyway, who knows how Selina Kyle will be managed. But what really leaves me wondering is Bane.

I mean, Joker wasn't permawhite, fine. But, Bane.. mmm, this new interpretation could bring a lot more weight to the charecter than in the comics even, and that's a lot already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
Hopefully, nobody will remember that Bane was in Batman #4. Yay, I'm so happy they're making Batman 7 now , now I can see Batman and Robin with a laugh.

Spoiler:
Old 01-22-2011, 08:08 AM   #55
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

I cane see Bane working.
I mean look at how they handled Scarecrow and Two-Face.... it wasn't campy and over the top stupid. It was really grounded in reality and worked well.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:20 AM   #56
Kalki

Quote:
I believe Catwoman could work in the context of the copycats that were introduced in The Dark Knight. Maybe not. Anyway, who knows how Selina Kyle will be managed.
Yeah the copycat angle had occurred to me too.

Quote:
Hopefully, nobody will remember that Bane was in Batman #4. Yay, I'm so happy they're making Batman 7 now , now I can see Batman and Robin with a laugh.
Did anyone really remember Tommy Lee Jones and Billy Dee Williams when Aaron Eckhart's performance came up?

Free Speech
Old 05-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #57
dan2091

Yay, I can't believe it's actually happening!
Taken from Batman-on-film.com

Quote:
PRODUCTION BEGINS ON THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Filming will take place on three continents, with an all-star cast
working under the direction of Christopher Nolan.

BURBANK, CA, May 19, 2011 – Principal photography has begun on Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ THE DARK KNIGHT RISES -- the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy. Leading an all-star international cast, Oscar® winner Christian Bale again plays the dual role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

The film also stars Anne Hathaway, as Selina Kyle; Tom Hardy, as Bane; Oscar® winner Marion Cotillard, as Miranda Tate; and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, as John Blake. Returning to the main cast, Oscar® winner Michael Caine (“The Cider House Rules”) plays Alfred; Gary Oldman is Commissioner Gordon; and Oscar® winner Morgan Freeman reprises the role of Lucius Fox.

In helming THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, Christopher Nolan is utilizing IMAX® cameras even more extensively than he did on THE DARK KNIGHT, which had marked the first time ever that a major feature film was partially shot with IMAX® cameras. The results were so spectacular that the director wanted to expand the use of the large-format cameras for this film.

The screenplay for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is written by Christopher Nolan and Jonathan Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer. The film is being produced by Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Charles Roven. The executive producers are Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Kevin De La Noy and Thomas Tull, with Jordan Goldberg serving as co-producer. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. Batman was created by Bob Kane.

Behind the scenes, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES reunites the director with several of his longtime collaborators, all of whom worked together on the THE DARK KNIGHT RISES.The creative team includes Oscar® winning director of photography Wally Pfister; production designer Nathan Crowley; editor Lee Smith; and Oscar®-winning costume designer Lindy Hemming. In addition, Paul Franklin and Chris Corbould will supervise the visual and special effects, respectively. The music will be composed by Oscar® winner Hans Zimmer.

The locations for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES span three continents and include the American cities of Pittsburgh, New York and Los Angeles, as well as sites in India, England and Scotland.

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is a presentation of Warner Bros. Pictures, in association with Legendary Pictures. Slated for release on July 20, 2012, the film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #58
FullMetalJacket
First image of Bane. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=77792

"My father would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy; the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament."
Old 05-21-2011, 12:57 AM   #59
dan2091

Just incredible!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #60
FullMetalJacket
First official teaser poster!! http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79699

"My father would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy; the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament."
Old 07-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #61
dan2091

It. Is. Epic.

I really, really, hope they release a teaser trailer this friday.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:18 AM   #62
Crosma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
It's at least Batman 8, if we're playing it that way.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #63
8IronBob

Trying to remember where Dark Knight fell in terms of # of Batman movies now, I have lost track already.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #64
FullMetalJacket
I'd say it's the sixth, if you start with the Batman movie from 1989.

Has anybody caught the teaser trailer for this one yet? I haven't found it online yet, but it was released with Harry Potter on Friday. It doesn't show too much, but here's a brief summary:

Spoiler:

Old 07-16-2011, 10:50 PM   #65
dan2091

They don't bring teaser trailers to where I life (unfortunately), just teathrical ones. Shame on that. With that said, I did caught the teaser on the internet a few days ago, in a bad recorded way. It's too good for so little. At least it's not like the The Dark Knight teaser.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #66
FullMetalJacket
Trailer is online. http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-is-now-online

Old 07-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #67
dan2091

Spoiler:
Old 07-18-2011, 10:49 PM   #68
Kalki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetalJacket View Post
Excellent. The scene showing Batman was chilling (if you've read Knightfall).

Thanks FMJ. You saved me the trouble of running a search this morning. I've been looking for this the past 2 days.

Free Speech
Old 07-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #69
Paroxysm

The title cards make me throw up in my mouth a little. So awful. It's just a teaser though it doesn't mean anything in the long run.

this is what i think of you ^&%&%^*@#^%*@#%^#@^& - dukeonly
Old 07-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #70
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

The title cards are plain and simple, but really... I kind of prefer them over teaser trailers that try to make title cards look all awesome.

Either way, I'm not excited for this because of a trailer... I'm excited for this because it's Christopher Nolan. And it's Batman. Those two make it win instantly.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:10 AM   #71
Crosma

It appears that Bruce Wayne quits being Batman somewhere between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, which is a ridiculous notion.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #72
Pansa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosma View Post
It appears that Bruce Wayne quits being Batman somewhere between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, which is a ridiculous notion.
Sure that it's goint to be between movies?
To be truthfull I'm not that informed about the whole Bane setup and stories in the comics, other than the base setup (always more of a batman-movie / game kinda guy rather than cb-reader).

But I found this on reddit

So maybe he is rising after being beaten down by Bane?
Old 07-21-2011, 02:42 PM   #73
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Yes, in the comics at one point Bane breaks Batman's back.
But more so, why is it a ridiculous notion that Bruce would stop being Batman?

Old 07-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #74
Paroxysm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
The title cards are plain and simple, but really... I kind of prefer them over teaser trailers that try to make title cards look all awesome.
I don't think anyone would complain about how they look.

Every hero has a journey
Every journey has an end
Every marketing exec has a talentless nephew who needs work writing cliched, unnecessary title cards

this is what i think of you ^&%&%^*@#^%*@#%^#@^& - dukeonly
Old 07-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #75
Crosma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
But more so, why is it a ridiculous notion that Bruce would stop being Batman?
He is Batman. He can't quit being Batman any more than he can cut off his own arm.

The stuff Gordon said didn't seem to make much sense in any other context. We'll see.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:12 AM   #76
Pansa
Quote:
He is Batman. He can't quit being Batman any more than he can cut off his own arm.

The stuff Gordon said didn't seem to make much sense in any other context. We'll see.
He can try though.
I thought the ridiculous part would have been to have it happen between the movies ^^.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #77
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Quote:

But very often people try to stop being who they are because they feel it's the best thing for those around them.
Bruce could very well blame himself for the death of Rachel, and maybe feels that by ridding himself of Batman... he could remove that feeling of guilt.
It did look as if in the Dark Knight, he was ready to give up Batman... but pushed through only to stop the Joker.

But yes, everything we've heard is really out of context since we have no idea what has happened before this. We don't even know why Gordon was in the hospital, which that got my curiosity going far more then the thought of Bruce trying to stop being Batman.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #78
Kalki

On the set pics. You may want to treat these as spoilers:

http://geeks.thedailywh.at/2011/07/3...-of-the-day-5/
http://eyeprime.net/2011/07/batman-f...ham-city-hall/

Free Speech
Old 08-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #79
FullMetalJacket
First Catwoman picture! Obviously it's a spoiler.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=80747

Thoughts?

Old 08-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #80
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

I like it.
Really, with the way Nolan has structured his Batman films... it would be odd if she just initially showed up in a cat suit.
They have said she'll sport the cowl/mask later in the film. So, it'll probably be a build up to that.

But, considering how he's handling Bane... and how he's done other characters in the past films, I expected a more realistic version of Catwoman.