Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 01-20-2016, 01:20 PM   #1
MagusElOscuro

Help verificating secret areas
Hi everyone.
I'm making a guide of all secrets for every Duke Nukem 3D map I get in my hands, from Atomic Edition, Duke It Out In DC, Duke Nukem 3D mods...etc...
But, when I reached Total Meltdown maps, and saw Plug'N'Pray levels, I met trouble. I had to watch videos because I haven't PSX version. I nearly have located ALL of the secrets of the seven Plug'N'Pray maps...but some lacking of "A Secret Place!" message on screen (how much I HATE this...), added to some "secrets" which doesn't count as genuine, makes me wonder which ones are the true secrets in two of the maps of the kick-ass episode I couldn't enjoy yet (but I hope so, in the future).
The secrets I've got located are:
-Nightmare Zone (9 secrets. All located).
-Trackside Tragedy (8 secrets. All located).
-Gates Motel (5 secrets. Have doubts about one of them).
-Duke Royale (6 secrets. All located).
-Alien Rendezvous (2 secrets+secret exit. All located).
-Faces Of Death (secret level) (2 secrets. All located).
-Ministry Of Fear (8 secrets. Have doubts about one of them).

All right, talking about E4L3: Gates Motel:
1-The bed which drops to a basement. Located.
2-Secret wall in kitchen's cold storage, for Shotgun Ammo. Located.
3-Fireplace in the green room with ceiling tentacles, for Portable Medkit. Located.
4-Before exit, the secret (timed)door opened in the twin green aisles with Asault Enforcers, for Devastator Ammo. Located.
5-....yuck...I don't know. I doubt about these:
a) The secret little door above brown couch at Start's hall, for Shotgun Ammo and RPG Ammo?
b) The Silence Of The Lambs' secret room (for a RPG), in the basement accessible via swiveling bookcase (I seriously think the genuine 5th secret is this, but have doubts...)?
c) The steroids in the grubby, oversized toilet's depths?
d) Blowing up the exploding canisters underwater, to get Freeze-Thrower?
e) the Poltergeist TV's teleporting?

Anyone has idea of which one of these five choices counts as the genuine fifth secret in Gates Motel?

And E4L6: Ministry Of Fear's :
1-DJ booth, the bookcase hidding Devastator. Located.
2-In the large disco area with Magnum P.I.G.s and the elevator-platform, there's a large wall with lights which opens, for Large MedKit and Pipebombs. Located.
3-Disused lift after the Yellow Key Card's unlocked gate, blowing up the crack, for Large MedKit, Shrinker and Shrinker Ammo. Located.
4-Getting the Red KeyCard in the alcove. Located.
5-Cola vending machine in arcade, to secret locker room. Located.
6-secret wall at immediate right of unlocked Red KeyCard's Gate, at Cyberkeef's arena, for secret room. Located.
7-Once at Cyberkeef's arena, blowing crack to the back street of the disco, blowing up crack in the armory, for Atomic Health. Located.
8-...I think, it must be the flickering green space opened in the area with zig-zag pattern walls, which have a slope going up (it's an area which has a large wall which opens, with lots of Enforcers, and which you can hear screaming women. Do you know which one I mean?). The space which opens after going in the large area opened, has RPG Ammo.

So, am I wrong or am I right? is this RPG Ammo in that flickering green space, the last secret in Ministry Of Fear?

If anyone around can help me to verify these two secrets in these two maps, I would be glad to know. Because the videos only showed "A Secret Place!" message in these I've located. Maybe it showed too fast to see it...but I doubt it, I've watched every crucial spot several times...and I haven't seen nothing.
If anyone can help me, thanks.
Last edited by MagusElOscuro; 01-21-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:58 AM   #2
Fox

Re: Help verificating secret areas
Gates Motel: Right at the beginning of the level there is a couch with a secret wall behind it.

Ministry of Fear: After you enter area with Enforcers and microphones, in opens a wall in the corridor with RPG ammo.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
MagusElOscuro

Ok, thanks. You see, I was suspecting about these two. In Gates Motel, it was my option a), and in Ministry Of Fear, my option 8); but I needed confirmation. Ok, thank you very much for your time and the answer. Best of luck with your work in the mod. Wish to see it released soon. alot of work yet?

BTW: have you ever seen any 3D images/renders of the Zombie PigCop and the Magnum P.I.G. like this one of the Pig-In-A-Dress that is shown in a picture in your mod's site? I've only found a blurry black and white picture of the Magnum P.I.G. from the strategy guide....in fact I can barely see the face and almost nothing more. The pic is terrible.
See, how the hell can anyone not love Duke Nukem 3D game, having an enemy who's a crossdressing PigCop...Ha ha. where else do you find something like that? This is originality!...ha ha ha!

Last edited by MagusElOscuro; 01-21-2016 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:20 AM   #4
Fox

These two are the only images I have ever seen of them.