Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 12-08-2003, 09:42 PM   #41
Wamplet

Re: Graphic Novel started..
Now I know why you want your Mariamus Prime model in Poser!

"By god... Wamp has a point." -Damien_Azreal
Old 12-08-2003, 09:50 PM   #42
Mariamus

And why is that? ^_^
Old 12-09-2003, 08:37 AM   #43
Bruce Hamilton
Sadie, who is basically Mariamus's alter ego, has been hired to kill the man her "creator" confessses to having a crush on... Interesting plot going on...
How do you expect anyone to remember your name, if you can't spell it right yourself, Broussard? It's basic positioning... None of that matters... It'll be done when it's done.... It's the spirit of the law, not the letter.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:52 AM   #44
Mariamus

hehe.. you'll understand Bruce.. when it's done..
Old 12-09-2003, 12:49 PM   #45
Wamplet

Quote:
And why is that? ^_^
So that your model could intervene in young Vinnie's destruction!
Old 12-09-2003, 03:16 PM   #46
Chimera

I'm a bit late to jump in this thread...
Mariamus, the graphic novel is great Looking forward to seeing what happens
Old 12-09-2003, 06:09 PM   #47
Mariamus

I'm glad you like it ^_^ It's nice to see all the positive feedback I get on this

I just hope It'll live up to everyone's expectations the longer I get with this
Old 12-09-2003, 06:20 PM   #48
j
I haven't read the last few pages yet, because I'd rather read the whole of part 2 at once. I hope you finish it soon

Jos satut olemaan suomalainen, niin osta paita.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:21 PM   #49
Mariamus

I*ll work as fast as humanly possible ^_^
Old 12-10-2003, 06:02 AM   #50
Qtipie

Quote:
Sadie, who is basically Mariamus's alter ego, has been hired to kill the man her "creator" confessses to having a crush on... Interesting plot going on...
the potential is there. but i wonder why sadie and that squeaky little italian can't have a history and really be in love with each other then something happened along the way and now she's after him as a killer. that would be so....aww.... tragic and sweet and fascinating all at once. *sniff*

but that's maybe just me. a depression's hit me full force after watching yesterday's episode of X/1999
Old 12-10-2003, 07:15 AM   #51
Mariamus

I've got the main points of the story printed out in my head. I won't tell anybody anything though.. mainly because it'll spoil their fun ^_^
Old 12-10-2003, 11:53 AM   #52
Nitronic
Nice Novel, it really is !
Like to see it in a flash movie, so you don't have to load each page yourself.

But do not waste your time with this idea now, maybe something for when you're selling your novel to Marvel or so
Old 12-10-2003, 12:10 PM   #53
Mariamus

Hmm.. I'd never ve able to sell this novel to Marvel.. not unless they dump the copyright-law.

I'm using official Max Payne characters (Sadie excluded) so unless I had permission from the copyright-holders, I'd be in big trouble if I tried to make profit from this. O_o
Besides, it's just something I do for the sake of doing it ^_^ and entertaining.. I like entertaining..

I'm not making any profit of this..

The idea of making it in flash doesn't sound half-bad.. but I hav eno idea how to do it O_o

but in other news.. I'm planning on making the novel into a pdf-file so people can download it and print it from their computer instead of having to go to the site everytime

But another thing is that it would be kinda cool if voice-overs could be done on the novel ^_^but I doubt it could ever be possible.. not unless the voce-sctors would take pity on me and do it for nothing ^_^ not gonna happen...
Old 12-10-2003, 12:17 PM   #54
Wamplet

Quote:
Nice Novel, it really is !
Like to see it in a flash movie, so you don't have to load each page yourself.
I'm sure Dogy could help her out with that.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:00 PM   #55
Mariamus

Dogy?
Old 12-10-2003, 01:05 PM   #56
Wamplet

He is the guy that does those kickass Flash threads in the General Messages.

I'd post a link to some of his work, but you will probably beat me senseless at my sad attempt at humor.

He does stickman flash and, well, it's kinda like the Matrix. You just gotta see it for yourself.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:14 PM   #57
Bruce Hamilton
Quote:
I'm using official Max Payne characters so unless I had permission from the copyright-holders, I'd be in big trouble if I tried to make profit from this.
True, but there is no reason someone with connections *cough* Skaven or anyone else with RMD attached to their screen name *cough* shouldn't take notice... I'm sure you wouldn't object to being in the credits of the next Max Payne sequel...
How do you expect anyone to remember your name, if you can't spell it right yourself, Broussard? It's basic positioning... None of that matters... It'll be done when it's done.... It's the spirit of the law, not the letter.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:15 PM   #58
Mariamus

was he the guy who made that Max Payne stickman film? I thought that was one of the coolest things ever ^_^
Old 12-10-2003, 01:18 PM   #59
Wamplet

I don't think so. Unless the voice sounded like it was synthesized and the animation was choppy and not fluid.

I think he just recently started flash. He finally moved up to non-stick figures. They look kinda like Charlie Brown or South Park characters now.

Just curious, how big in size are the pics you upload? I just hope we aren't raping your bandwiddh. Normally I'd check the file out myself, but since I am at work, I am afraid the site is probably blocked.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:23 PM   #60
Mariamus

Quote:

True, but there is no reason someone with connections *cough* Skaven or anyone else with RMD attached to their screen name *cough* shouldn't take notice... I'm sure you wouldn't object to being in the credits of the next Max Payne sequel...
Hell no! O_o! but that is a really BIG thing IMHO, so I doubt that'll ever happen..
Old 12-10-2003, 01:28 PM   #61
Mariamus

don't worry Wamplet, you're not raping my bandwidth, cause my husband put a limit on our upload bandwidth, so none of my stuff will end up toasting our server ^_^

besides, next year, we will have our connection upgraded from 1024/512 to a 2048/512 free of charge, and about 1½$ cheaper per month.. it's all because our provider doesn't want to offer 1024/512 anymore.. so it will be exchanged with a 2048/52 line at almost the same price (a bit cheaper actually)

The size of thie images vary a bit.. I try to keep it as low as possible without killing the image quality.. but between 50kb-200kb.. if there is a lot of red in the image, the image is bigger in size...
Old 12-10-2003, 02:49 PM   #62
Mariamus

Anyways..

Part 2 - Page 3 is uploaded now Enjoy
Old 12-10-2003, 05:39 PM   #63
Mariamus

Ok everybody!

Part 2 - page 4 is now up and running!

Enjoy
Old 12-10-2003, 07:11 PM   #64
Wamplet

Page 4 ==> o/\o <== Me
Old 12-10-2003, 07:13 PM   #65
StealthySneaker

Wow, both pages 3 and 4 were realeased 2 hours and 50 minutes of eachother...
Old 12-10-2003, 07:19 PM   #66
Mariamus

Yeah.. I knew the setup of both pages, so they were quite easy this time around.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:06 AM   #67
Qtipie

Quote:
Page 4 ==> o/\o <== Me
yes. it's, uhm, very graphic?

the human anatomy is fascinating, isn't it?
Old 12-11-2003, 02:43 AM   #68
ADM

Those are two little guys high fiving each other.. sick person you

Anyway Mariamus that's very nice, don't know if you've checked out Vengeful Antics or not:
http://dukenews.fragland.net/misc/vengefulantics.html

Me and a friend are going to do it in Flash with voice overs.

I have a friend who is simply awesome at voice overs, heres a part from the voice over:

http://pete.f2o.org/va.mp3

It's around 50kb, so it's very small and it's only the voice over for the second page.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:06 AM   #69
Tyratiev
The twist about Vladimir Lem surprised me. Wow! Never knew Sadie would work for him. Keep up the azz kicking for our heroine!

</Oscars for Babe of the Year 2003>
Old 12-11-2003, 05:51 AM   #70
Qtipie

Quote:
Those are two little guys high fiving each other.. sick person you

i meant page 4 of part 2. sadie's shooting a man in the head.

but i'm sick, that's true
Old 12-11-2003, 08:15 AM   #71
Bruce Hamilton
Quote:
sadie's shooting a man in the head.
Either page 4 should've been page 5 or 6, or the head Sadie blew off belonged to Vlad.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:10 AM   #72
ADM

^^
Nope different suit. Look at the colar and compare it to Vlad's.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:06 AM   #73
Mariamus

Quote:
Either page 4 should've been page 5 or 6, or the head Sadie blew off belonged to Vlad.
page 4 is Sadie's thoughts.. one of her jobs fulfilled..
Old 12-11-2003, 10:41 AM   #74
Mariamus

Quote:
Anyway Mariamus that's very nice, don't know if you've checked out Vengeful Antics or not:
http://dukenews.fragland.net/misc/vengefulantics.html
Yeah I have ^_^ It's cool, but fairly short
Old 12-11-2003, 10:55 AM   #75
Wamplet

Quote:

page 4 is Sadie's thoughts.. one of her jobs fulfilled..
Yeap. I thought it was fairly straight forward.

It was probably Louie "The Squealer" Minelli.

Quote:
or the head Sadie blew off belonged to Vlad.
She blew off someone's head?

Fulfilled job, indeed.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:24 PM   #76
Mariamus

OK everybody.. I have some good news, and some bad news..
the good news are that I've finished two panels for page 5 and I only need to make the third now..

the bad news.. my monitor has blown off or something.. it sorta loóks like it's being interrupted by a huge magnetic field.. but the only thing that could be the problem is my lamp, but that has never caused problems before..

so untill I've bought my new monitor next week, I don't know if I'll be able to work. I'll be around, but my husbands computer isn't powerful enough to run the 3d-program, so working form that will be impossible.

maybe i'll be able to borrow another monitor..

I'll keep you posted.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:35 PM   #77
StealthySneaker

holy crap!

Once, on my old computer, I went on and sparks came out of it all around. It smelled like fire and cat pee and cow crap all mixed together. I brought it into my computer equipment room to check on it, and I opened it up. It was completely dead. The insides were completely melted and everything. I dumped the monitor and shoved that computer in the back of my closet somewhere. Now I have my new computer.

I'd say, go for a flat panel monitor, if you didn't have one already.
Old 12-11-2003, 04:13 PM   #78
Mariamus

Asus 17" AL1721, TFT 0.264 dot, 1280x1024/75Hz, Office Line
LCD flat-screen

that's the screen i'm getting ^_^ I'd planned it for quite some time, so if my monitor blows so I can't use it at all.. it's no big loss.

this one is an IBM G74 monitor.. I think it's a 17"... or maybe it's a 19"..... it's huge... and bulky! but it has served me quite well ^_^
Old 12-11-2003, 04:24 PM   #79
StealthySneaker

My monitor had been a 17 inch. I forgot to say that I had tried replacing it with one of my other computers' 15 inch monitors. That monitor couldn't handle ANYTHING! So that's why I got a new computer alltogether. I don't even know if my current monitor is flatscreen- it looks like it, but I'm not sure...
Old 12-11-2003, 05:55 PM   #80
Mariamus

Page 5 uploaded (My monitor started behaving itself ^_^)