Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs > alexgk
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Rate this Entry

Episode 2: Sundays, movies and Duke

Submit "Episode 2: Sundays, movies and Duke" to Digg Submit "Episode 2: Sundays, movies and Duke" to del.icio.us Submit "Episode 2: Sundays, movies and Duke" to StumbleUpon Submit "Episode 2: Sundays, movies and Duke" to Google
Posted 03-17-2008 at 02:40 AM by alexgk
Updated 03-17-2008 at 02:44 AM by alexgk

Hola everyone:

I'll keep a simple format like my last post of three things or topics per post. I feel this is a good experience, to share parts of my life with you guys, so you can know me better. I'll try to update my blog often until I realize it's pointless to write on it anymore because nobody reads it... :(

[B]NUMBER 1:[/B]

I don't know what are the customs of your respective countries, but Sundays here in Mexico usually are [U]familiar[/U]. The entire family gathers and enjoy a day together, and I don't mean the core family (parents & sons) but the whole packet (grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc). Since my dad's parents died 8 years ago, all of my dad's relatives have separated and don't have reunions anymore. On the other side my mom's family has been very united afai recall. However my mom exagerates, staying in my grandparents' house for 7 hours straight. It's not like they don't talk to each other, THEY DO USING THE PHONE EVERY FREAKING DAY OF THE WEEK. And she gets mad when I ask her to go :doh:.

[B]NUMBER 2:[/B]

Long ago, when I was around 11 I guess, my bro, coz and me made a 10-minutes home movie, about 2 compadres being attacked by an unknown enemy, entitled A LA MEXICANA. 2004 was the year two sequels appeared. In my opinion (the same of everyone else who has watched the trilogy) the third was the most hilarious. After that two short chapters were added to the saga. Today we shot a new one, starring a cousin who surely is the trilogy's number 1 fan. He was happy and was fantastic to remember the good old days.

[B]NUMBER 3:[/B]

Let me explain again why I'm a fan of Duke Nukem since 2003 or 2004 (don't quite recall now) without playing any of his games before (I played DN3D last year). 2001 DNF TRAILER BLEW ME AWAY. I found it when I was exploring the net. Fantastic. I saw a huge potential in that video.

I want the game to be as fantastic as any of you want it to be, but I try to keep my opinion about it the most objectively possible. After all we haven't watched gameplay videos nor tried any demos. I have faith, but for now it's one more videogame.

Liked this episode? Comment below ;).
(Apologies if you find my English poor).
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 20472 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I know I'm late, but... I could swear you were from Spain.. You posted a Max Payne 2 box that read the subtitle in spanish.. 'Una historia de amor de cine negro'. How cool is that :)?