Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs > The Well of Wishes
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

This is the blog for Joe Siegler, the Apogee / 3D Realms website administrator.

That is all.
Rate this Entry

Grand Theft Auto IV

Submit "Grand Theft Auto IV" to Digg Submit "Grand Theft Auto IV" to del.icio.us Submit "Grand Theft Auto IV" to StumbleUpon Submit "Grand Theft Auto IV" to Google
Posted 02-20-2009 at 02:29 AM by Joe Siegler

I've finally started playing Grand Theft Auto IV.

I had it the day it came out, but I didn't own an HDTV then. I played for a little, but got mad and stopped. The reason was because the map on an SDTV (or at least mine) was really hard to see. All the spots on the map looked like exactly the same thing. I couldn't figure out which thing was which. It made me so mad I didn't want to play.

So I didn't. I stopped, deleted my save game stuff, and waited. Figured I'd play when I got an HDTV. I got that late last year, and now that I'm coming off hardcore raping of the money system in Animal Crossing, I decided to hit some GTA IV before the new baseball games come out next month, and I don't play anything but those.

The game is fairly enjoyable, I'll probably make some time to play a good deal of it, but the thing is so stinkin' huge, I'll never even come remotely close to "finishing" it.

Problem is I just want to ignore everything and just explode cars. Had one where the car was bursting flames out both sides, I hit "Y" while it was skidding out, and it flipped over a side rail onto a road below, exploded as it hit something down there and created quite a spectacular fireball. Now *THAT* was fun. Way more than shuttling Roman around the city.
Posted in Games
Views 70711 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I love GTA4. I've always loved GTA, and I've played all the GTAs that have come out on the PC.

However, the PC version of GTA4 has some issues. I can live with most of them except for the fact that the game performance goes down the longer I play; it's apparently some memory leak.

It still doesn't detract from the hilarity of crashing into motorcyclists on the motorway with a car or the fact that the game is jam-packed with details. They even fixed an old GTA-gripe I had wrt. cops chasing people other than you. Try provoking a guy into a fight but don't fight back and have the guy punch you while a policeman watches. :) In the old GTAs, the policeman would ignore the other dude.
  2. Old Comment
    You should try a MP game with a group of friends. Holy shit it's funny!