Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old

Is the Resident Evil series any good?

Posted 08-12-2009 at 11:01 AM by December Man ((Survival)Gaming and Rants)
Updated 05-05-2010 at 08:50 AM by December Man (bugfixes ;p)

Note: I haven't played RE5 yet. I'm waiting for the PC release which is due in September. When I complete the game, I'll post an addendum on the subject.

It's kind of embarrassing, since I consider myself a survival horror fan, that I hadn't played any of the RE games except the 4th one. Well now I did my homework and completed the original trilogy of the games. Mind you, my opinion on RE4 changed(I was very harsh towards the game), so keep on reading.

Posted in Games
Old

Ridiculous Team Fortress 2 achievements

Posted 08-05-2009 at 06:53 AM by December Man ((Survival)Gaming and Rants)
Updated 05-05-2010 at 08:54 AM by December Man (Added a note on [B]Borscht Belt[/B])

I've been playing TF2 for a couple of months now. The game has a lot which other online games don't, including the weapon unlocks, hats and achievements(which, on a PC, are rare). I personally like achievements and like obtaining them, but some of them are plainly ridiculous and stray way way from the classes' basic role. The situation has improved a lot lately, but the first class packs were notorious for these kind of achievements. Let's deal with them in order:

Medic pack:...
Posted in Games
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Is the Fatal Frame series any good?

Posted 07-29-2009 at 04:34 PM by December Man ((Survival)Gaming and Rants)
Updated 05-05-2010 at 08:55 AM by December Man (Added a note about the games' setting)

Notes:

1. Fatal Frame is the US name of the game. The series is called Project Zero in Europe and Zero/Rei in Japan.
2. I haven't played the fourth one since it was released only in Japan and only on the Wii, a system I do not have.
3. The opinion is based on the PS2 versions of the games.

After several months of struggle I have finally got my hands on the copies of 3 FF games. They are known among survival horror enthusiasts as one of the holy...
Posted in Games
Old

Why Diablo II fails(Warning: Opinion)

Posted 05-27-2009 at 10:51 AM by December Man ((Survival)Gaming and Rants)
Updated 05-05-2010 at 08:55 AM by December Man

When I finally got my hands on Diablo II I was sure it was going to blow my mind and/or my head off with sheer awesomeness. Installing it was a kind of ritual, getting ready to witness astonishment that can make my head explode.

As you can tell from the title of this post, it did not happen. Boredom came in quick, around Act II. Starting from this point I prayed that it might get only better. It only got worse. The goddamn-wtf-were-they-thinking midgets from the jungle made me say...
Posted in Games, Rants
Old

And the best NPC companion award goes to...

Posted 04-03-2009 at 12:51 PM by December Man ((Survival)Gaming and Rants)
Updated 05-05-2010 at 08:56 AM by December Man

Recently I replayed Half Life 2. It's been long since I actually finished the game. 5 years I think. Plus I never got to play the episodes. So when I finally got my hands on the Orange Box, I started to play without hesitation.

Needless to say, I was stunned by Alyx's performance as a combat companion and as a likable NPC. I'm mainly talking about the episodes during which you spend around 95% in ep.1, and 75% in ep.2 of the time with her.

When I started ep. 1 I was...
Posted in Games