Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs > Llama Gibbz
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

WTF! Ozzy Osbourne

Submit "WTF! Ozzy Osbourne" to Digg Submit "WTF! Ozzy Osbourne" to del.icio.us Submit "WTF! Ozzy Osbourne" to StumbleUpon Submit "WTF! Ozzy Osbourne" to Google
Posted 06-16-2008 at 07:29 PM by Llama Gibbz
Updated 01-27-2009 at 08:23 PM by Llama Gibbz (Forgot the over played "shot in the dark" DOH!)

As a teenager Ozzy and Randy Rhoads were my heroes.
However as time progressed,i have been for years losing respect as he continues to whore himself.

But this discovery is the icing on the cake.
I recently went through my old music collection and dug out my ozzy collection.
To my dismay im missing Blizzard of Oz. :(

I had it,but i somehow misplaced it.
So i figured no big deal ill just get another copy.

Heres the problem,the 95 remasters have a tiny album picture and hard to find nowadays.
Plus from my experience,remasters do not always sound as good as the original.

Now i havent heard it.
But various reviews claim the remastering mucked up rhoads guitar sound.
If this is true,this is true blasphemy.
Rhoads probably rolled over in his grave.

Also,the 2002 remasters had the bass and drum tracks re-recorded.
Looks like ill have to find a old jet copy.

The grand WTF is....Why the heck is "The Ultimate Sin" dropped from the catalog?

There's some essential classics on that one.
"the ultimate sin"
"lightning strikes"
"killer of giants"
"fool like you"
"Shot in the dark"

[b]Sharon:[/b] ("high pitch annoying voice")Ozzzzeeeeeeee jake,bob and lee want some royalties for the work they did.........
("with the voice of lucifer") Were not paying THEM!
[b]Ozzy:[/b]Ok buttercup ill just pretend i didnt do 3 of my albums.
[IMG]http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/picture.php?albumid=66&pictureid=1721[/IMG]

[b]edit=[/b]On another note.

I had tribute on cassette and i never got it on CD.
Has the tribute album been messed with at all?
Posted in Rants, Music
Views 56754 Comments 8
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Dude I hear ya. Wasn't there some big deal about Ozzy actually REDOING some of the albums, like the drums??? Joe would know more aobut this...
  2. Old Comment
    In the earliest days of the Ozzy solo band, it was an actual "band". This involved Bob Daisley (bass) & Lee Kerslake (drums), who recorded the first two albums. The problem is somewhere during the recording of album two, it was decided (I assume from what I've read) that they didn't want the "band" concept, they wanted some hired hands that they could more or less push around. So from album three onwards, folks were paid for their services. Problem is Sharon & Ozzy (aka $hOzzy) didn't want to pay for the original album shared money. At least that's my translation of it.

$hOzzy decied that the way to get Bob Daisley & Lee Kerslake off their backs about royalties would be to replace them. So for Blizzard of Ozz & Diary of a Madman, they were replaced by then band members Robert Trujillo (now in Metallica), and Mike Bordin (still there). They have a decidedly different sound, as you've noticed.

The fans have revolted. Basically any release of them post 2002 have these new versions.

From what I can gather, Ultimate Sin was deleted because Ozzy was never fond of the album. They also had an argument with Phil Soussan over money too, who played bass on that one. Could be related to that, but I doubt it.

Only Blizzard & Diary were re-recorded like that. All the other albums past that were remastered, yes. But not re-recorded. Those are actually worthy remasterings. But not the first two.
  3. Old Comment
    Thank god then I have them pre-FUBARED!
  4. Old Comment
    Again, the 2002 remasters for all the albums post Diary of A Madman are definitely worth it. The remastering work is good, and they include extra tracks (B sides, and things like that).

Really - they are quite good. Just NOT Blizzard & Diary.

The only thing worthwhile on Blizzard is the inclusion of "You Looking at Me Looking at You". That too was re-recorded, but since most people had never heard it, they don't notice a difference.

There was an additional B side track from the first album, that being "You Said it All". That was not included because there was only one take done of it - was done live. There's no tapes to remaster, or re-record. They couldn't remove Kerslake & Daisley from the song, so it was not used.
  5. Old Comment
    More..

I'm told the live EP "Just Say Ozzy" was also deleted due to the fracas with the song "Shot in the Dark", which was rumored to be the reason Ultimate Sin was deleted.

Also, on the 1997 compilation, "The Ozzman Cometh", the original print was re-released with the song Shot in the Dark replaced with Miracle Man. Gotta wonder, eh?

Also, on compilations, the 2002 versions of Bliz/Diary tracks were used. This affects "The Ozzman Cometh", "Essential Ozzy Osbourne", & "Prince of Darkness".

And while we're at it, in 2002, all Ozzy's live albums were deleted from the catalog. At that time, the only one left in print was "Live at the Budokan".
  6. Old Comment
    http://www.black-sabbath.com/discog/blizzardofozz.html

Go through my Ozzy discography. Look at the track listings for the albums (Use next links to go to the next album), you'll see what I mean about B sides, and stuff like that.
  7. Old Comment
    I've never heard of any other band that I listen to, f*** up their discography that bad due to selfish reasons. I don't have any of the new remasters, and just a couple of the '95(? The ones with the album cover being a smaller picture on the cover?) ones... all my other Ozzy stuff I got before the '95 remasters were done (or were albums released afterward).

Ultimate Sin may have been one of his most "commercial" albums, but Shot In the Dark was a great song IMHO.

I don't wanna rag on Ozzy/Sharon, but seriously, f***'em and their antics...
  8. Old Comment
    Thanks for clearing up my questions joe.

It a wonder they just didnt drop shot in the dark or replaced it and still print the ultimate sin?

They butchered the first 2,why hesitate doing the same to another. :D