You're still the coolest <3
  2. Yatta
    10-24-2014 11:25 AM
    Yatta
    Sup Zooljin
  3. Thief
    09-26-2011 03:30 PM
    Thief
    I think we'll have to agree to disagree about Ford's acting in Blade Runner. Me, I thought it was vintage Ford, especially the part when he uses his "geek" voice after finding the first female replicant. Cracks me up every time. Seen The Fugitive? That's quality Ford acting right there. I agree that Blade Runner is slow at times, but some of the movies I like the most are slow-burners. I think we can both agree that Blade Runner was ahead of its time. The epitome of slow-burner movies: Valhalla Rising. See it if you get the chance. Some brutally savage fighting in that movie.

Project 2027 has been released. I won't be getting it for awhile, but I've read that there's no voice acting, plenty of poor English translation - and it's only 290MB large. They're working on patches to fix translation issues, but yeah...

BTW, how long was your HR playthrough? I've just gotten to Shanghai and I'm 22 hours in.
  4. Thief
    09-26-2011 03:14 PM
    Thief
    If you want to make stealth reasonably challenging in Deus Ex, don't use the prod. During my pacifist run I used the baton for 90% of my knockouts, which led to a lot of quickloading. The baton almost seems broken at times, though. Sometimes I get one-hit knockouts, other times it take two hits, sometimes it just doesn't work at all. The rest was the occasional crossbow tranq, pepper spray for multi enemies in close proximity, and the rare prod when I had to be quick. But yeah, the fact that enemies and cameras don't react to downed allies makes it laughably easy at times. Part of the game's charm. :p

I'm about 20 hours in Human Revolution, and I think I'd rather have the combat from Deus Ex, tbh. More skill is required the way I see it. In HR, as long as your mouse-aiming is accurate, and you have a good feel for the controls, you can clear out areas pretty easily. Example: I killed Barrett on my second try on the hardest difficulty without using grenades.
  5. Thief
    09-17-2011 10:38 AM
    Thief
    Blade Runner boring? Blasphemy! If you've only seen it once, then I could see it being somewhat boring. Watch it a few more times (the different versions if you can) and you won't see it as boring anymore.

Fully agree on the soundtrack. DX wouldn't have been as memorable for me if the soundtrack had been generic.

Yeah, New Vision was great. Did you also install HDTP-Release 1? The Gunther model is absolutely beautiful. Looks like the HDTP project might soon be completed after 7+ years. They're on the "home stretch".

If you haven't played The Nameless Mod, I HIGHLY recommend you do. You'll see a bigger preview of what's been done with HDTP, and it's just really well done...and hilarious!

Also, keep an eye on Project 2027 (another DX mod) if you don't know about it already.

http://project2027.com/
  6. Thief
    09-17-2011 10:30 AM
    Thief
    I've never understood complaints about the combat. Based on RPG standards of old (terrible at all skills until you invest points in them), it's exactly how it's supposed to be. A few death animations would've been nice, but that's just being picky. Perhaps, for me, it's because DX (the start of it) is very much like the Thief games that I didn't have a problem with it. You're weak, and can't defend yourself well, so you stand a better chance of surviving by just staying out of everyone's way. But unlike the Thief games, you get stronger as the game progresses, so it became easier for me.

I hadn't played the original DX in years. When I was younger, yeah the story blew me away, even though I didn't understand all of it. This time around, its lost a bit of its shine, but it's still great and eerily relevant to present times. I found it funny how JC is pretty much the idiot of the story as everyone he talks to seems to know more about the situation than he does.
  7. Thief
    09-16-2011 03:06 PM
    Thief
    Well, would you look at that... Never thought I'd see the day where you have a Deus Ex (the original) avatar without the words "Sucks" or "is shit" underneath? I'm guessing the more you play DXHR, the more you realize what a gem the original DX is...or at the very least you must now agree that DX is much, MUCH better than Invisible War.
  8. Scotty
    08-31-2010 01:57 PM
    Scotty
    What sucks the most? D4.net, Fibbles, or CCC? *grin*
  9. Duke's New Chainsaw
    08-23-2010 06:27 PM
    Duke's New Chainsaw
    Rubber Baby Buggie Bumpers!
  10. Xgthug
    06-22-2010 10:24 PM
    Xgthug
    Why can't I be cool enough to be your friend? :(