Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > 3D Realms News
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 11-28-2014, 07:13 AM   #1
omglazerkittens

Duke Nukem 50% Discount on the 3D Realms Anthology! Updated to version 1.1. Paypal support!
Our Black Friday Sale starts now!
For this weekend only - grab our 3D Realms Anthology 32-game collection for 50% off.
Don't have a credit card? We now support PayPal purchases on our site!

Grab it now: https://3drealms.com/catalog/

On top of the sale, we also updated our Anthology Pack to fix some bugs.

Anthology Patch 1.1 Change Log:

- Alien Carnage manual added
- Artic Adventure hint sheet added
- Bio Menace hint sheet added
- Latest version of the Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold manual added
- Latest version of the Blake Stone: Planet Strike manual added
- Blake Stone: Planet Strike has been cleaned from old savefiles (Don't worry; the patch won't delete your own.)
- Commander Keen: Goodbye Galaxy updated to v1.4
- Commander Keen: Goodbye Galaxy has been cleaned from old savefiles (Don't worry; the patch won't delete your own.)
- Commander Keen: Goodbye Galaxy no longer quits if you press "4" in the episode selector
- Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure no longer comes with old high-scores
- Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure Episodes 2 and 3 now has sound
- Duke Nukem 3D now runs without having to run it as Administrator
- Duke Nukem: Manhattan project now runs without having to run it as Administrator
- Duke Nukem: Manhattan project is now shipped without savegames (Don't worry; the patch won't delete your own.)
- Major Stryker hint sheet added
- Monster Bash updated from v1.0 to v2.1
- Monuments of Mars hint sheet added
- Pharaoh's Tomb hint sheet added
- Latest version of the Rise of the Triad manual added
- Shadow Warrior now runs without having to run it as Administrator
- Stargunner has been cleaned from old savefiles (Don't worry; the patch won't delete your own.)

If you already own the Anthology, the patch will be available NOW under your "My Games" library.
Last edited by omglazerkittens; 11-28-2014 at 08:39 AM. Reason: patch now available, updated patch notes
Old 11-28-2014, 07:58 AM   #2
Frederik Schreiber
3D Realms VP

Re: 50% Discount on the 3D Realms Anthology! Updated to version 1.1. Paypal support!
Old 11-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
Alyxx

Re: 50% Discount on the 3D Realms Anthology! Updated to version 1.1. Paypal support!
Was waiting for a discount, so this is awesome. Grabbed it!
Old 11-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #4
wiivn
Does it really works? Tried with paypal, but it says "Being processed" and "Pending" and nothing happens.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #5
Alyxx

Worked for me, but I used my credit card.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #6
MrBlackCat

Got it... had no issues with PayPal.

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)
Old 11-29-2014, 08:57 AM   #7
Detinator73
Where is the 50% discount? All I see is that the 3D Realms Anthology is at $19.99 today. The last time that it launched, it was at $19.99 - and the regular price is $39.99? I am so confused. I think if it was really 50% off on Black Friday, it should have been $9.99 (or $10).
Old 11-29-2014, 11:04 AM   #8
MrBlackCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detinator73 View Post
Where is the 50% discount? All I see is that the 3D Realms Anthology is at $19.99 today.
Hmm... are you serious? (thoughts to self... am I responding to a troll post?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detinator73
The last time that it launched, it was at $19.99 - and the regular price is $39.99? I am so confused. I think if it was really 50% off on Black Friday, it should have been $9.99 (or $10).
You are answering each of your own questions as you post, so I am not seeing any confusion until the last sentence... 50% of $39.99 is roughly $19.99. So, 75% off of $39.99 would be your stated $9.99.

Here is how it went...

At launch it was half price (of $39.99) for 48 hours... $19.99. Then it switched back to the regular price of $39.99.
The Black Friday special is half price, not quarter price. Nothing to be confused about. $9.99 would be half price of half price. How simple is that? I am confused how you can be so confused.

I think if it was $10, it would be more like a Charity Event, not a Black Friday Sale. EVEN at $19.99 this is only 63 cents per game... if you don't like/want half of them they are still only $1.26 per game. I think it is a great deal personally. I already have most of them anyway, but the convenient interface and a way to support Fred and Company a little JUST to see what might happen with 3D Realms in the future, was enough for me.

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)
Old 11-29-2014, 01:57 PM   #9
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

The regular price is $39. The Black Friday sale is $19.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 01-01-2015, 08:10 AM   #10
BloodShed

I can't use the 1.1 patch since it's 16bit and can't run on a 64bit system.
Last.fm profile
Old 01-02-2015, 07:18 AM   #11
Lunick Fiore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodShed View Post
I can't use the 1.1 patch since it's 16bit and can't run on a 64bit system.
Uh... the patch is 16-bit? It ran just fine on my Windows 7 64-Bit laptop...
Old 01-02-2015, 11:51 AM   #12
BloodShed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunick Fiore View Post
Uh... the patch is 16-bit? It ran just fine on my Windows 7 64-Bit laptop...
I just downloaded the patch again.

This time I'm not getting the 16-bit application error and it's running like it should.

Odd
Last.fm profile
Old 01-05-2015, 12:02 AM   #13
BaronSFel001
Seeing as I got the Anthology during this sale (thus it was bought at version 1.1) I am curious: if future updates add some of the missing parts of the Apogee library (or expansions to what is already on there) will that be a free Anthology patch for those of us who already purchased it bulk or will we have to purchase the new arrivals separate? And even if the case is the latter, would there at least be a way to integrate any new titles into that cool launcher?
Old 01-06-2015, 07:35 AM   #14
Sillygostly
Have the individual releases been updated to reflect these changes as well or were they never affected?
Old 01-06-2015, 07:59 AM   #15
Lunick Fiore

The individual installers on the website say 1.1 so I would assume so.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:49 PM   #16
Sillygostly
Cool, thanks.