Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > Programming Forum > UnrealED Help
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-19-2006, 02:50 PM   #1
Altered Reality

Problem with Unreal Gold level
In anticipation of Prey, I decided to create an Unreal Gold level (I uploaded the current version here: http://www.filefactory.com/?11f338 ) with lots of warpzone effects. Among them, I tried to simulate wallwalking by having two connected warpzones, one of which is rotated 90° against the other. I want to obtain the illusion of walking toward a wall of a room, only to "fall against that wall" and discover that the wall has now become a floor. The problem is... the POV does not stay aligned! It seems to rotate instantly of a number of degrees, so the illusion no longer works.
You can see it by reaching the "multiple room", entering the door to the right, flying up the yellow pulsating "gravity well" and walking toward the opposite wall. In UnrealEd, that room is placed above all the others.

What did I do wrong?
Old 06-22-2006, 12:38 PM   #2
NutWrench

Re: Problem with Unreal Gold level
I don't think you can change the Players point of view without some kind of scripting. (I don't know how to do that. Sorry.)

I remember playing an old Unreal map that took place in a space station. If you looked out the windows, you could see that the space station was a huge ring with interconnecting segments. In reality, though, the individual rooms were all laid out flat and connected with WarpZones. (So the view outside the window was really just for show)
"If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."