Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 05-17-2003, 03:37 AM   #81
j
Re: Max Payne 2 press release
Quote:
Originally posted by Jade:
Only a little question, the release date will be the same for each country or it's different?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The PC version will most likely be released first in the US and maybe a week later in Europe.

The console versions.. no idea.

Jos satut olemaan suomalainen, niin osta paita.
Old 05-17-2003, 05:33 AM   #82
Jade

Quote:
Originally posted by j:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Jade:
Only a little question, the release date will be the same for each country or it's different?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The PC version will most likely be released first in the US and maybe a week later in Europe.

The console versions.. no idea.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A week of difference is not relevant...I'm warried if they'll release it a month of more later in Europe.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:07 AM   #83
bullion
umh... actually max payne 1 was released earlier in europe. it was released first in Finland, about 10 days before than in USA [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

i bet same thing happens with the sequel.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:44 AM   #84
j
Quote:
Originally posted by Jade:
A week of difference is not relevant...I'm warried if they'll release it a month of more later in Europe.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You can't release a PC game a month later anywhere, because by that time all the stores would have just imported the game from where it has been released. Which is why my Fallout 2 is the US version. And a couple of my other game boxes say "Not for sale outside the US/Asia/whereever".

Old 05-17-2003, 02:21 PM   #85
Jade

Quote:
Originally posted by j:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Jade:
A week of difference is not relevant...I'm warried if they'll release it a month of more later in Europe.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You can't release a PC game a month later anywhere, because by that time all the stores would have just imported the game from where it has been released. Which is why my Fallout 2 is the US version. And a couple of my other game boxes say "Not for sale outside the US/Asia/whereever". </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ah...I know...so what I said happens only with consoles games...

[ 05-17-2003, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Jade ]
Old 05-21-2003, 01:16 PM   #86
Steve

"Developed by Remedy Entertainment, Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne for the PC is expected to hit retail shelves Fall 2003."

HUH? This year? I wasn't expecting Max Payne 2 until about 2005 - no joke.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:20 PM   #87
biXen
Steve: they already have the engine, they just make new levels, story, and do improvements. Don't need 4 years to do that... Well 3DRealms would [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 03:35 PM   #88
JayR7
Not shure if this has been said yet but... i just noticed Rockstar Games is having a hand in the making of MP2... if Rockstars helping.. this is going to be one AWSOME game... maybe we get some cars and bikes.. or maybe not..

but what im hoping for is a stripclub... yeah.. Max Payne in a stripclub with a shady guy in the cornor saying "Shake it baby" "you wanna dance?"... ahhh dreams
Old 05-21-2003, 04:22 PM   #89
Champ32
Rockstar helped with the last one too I believe...
Old 05-21-2003, 08:53 PM   #90
Steve

Quote:
Originally posted by Champ32:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I thought Rockstar just did the console ports? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by biXen:
Steve: they already have the engine, they just make new levels, story, and do improvements. Don't need 4 years to do that... Well 3DRealms would [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Cheers. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 09:08 PM   #91
Maddieman

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Champ32:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I thought Rockstar just did the console ports? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">http://forums.3drealms.com/cgi-bin/u...c;f=4;t=004076
Old 05-22-2003, 01:36 AM   #92
I see that most people are saying what I am feeling: The title "The Fall of Max Payne" is kinda Star Warsy.

So, here's an idea I brewed up after listening to a lot of hard rock....

Max Payne: The Fall

Why even add "Max Payne *2*" ? THe number 2 is kinda irrelevent, and I know that's how it's always done, but I think people can figure it out that it's a sequel. Why not just say,

The Sequel to Max Payne: The Fall of Maxy Pooh

I dunno, I kinda like it when they don't add a number, like, The Matrix: Reloaded or Dues Ex: The Invisible War.

Old 05-22-2003, 09:30 AM   #93
j
Quote:
Originally posted by KiwiStalk:
Why even add "Max Payne *2*" ? THe number 2 is kinda irrelevent, and I know that's how it's always done, but I think people can figure it out that it's a sequel.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If there's not a number, people might think it's an add-on or something.

Old 06-13-2003, 05:55 AM   #94
bullion
i don't know if this is old... posted by Scott Miller:

"Regarding the game's lame title...

Blame Take-Two (a.k.a. Rockstar). Remedy and 3D Realms had named the game "The Fall of Max Payne." That's was it. No lame sequel number. Not too long. No colon. But, Take-Two, having bought the IP last year, now gets to make the final call on these matters, and their marketing department, I guess, believed that "The Fall of Max Payne" wouldn't quite get the message across, and so they prefixed "Max Payne 2:" to the title. Remedy and 3D Realms argued against this, but it's not our call anymore.

The end result is another oh-so-typical, very lame, and overly long, game title.

Scott Miller, 3DR"