Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 04-22-2003, 02:17 PM   #1
shadow fox
Screenshot challenge
heres a challenge for all of you, whom ever can create the greatest screenshot from max payne and post it, well wins.

the rules are simple you may take any screeshot from max payne but you may also edit the picture in any way that is appropriate. you may aslo edit in parts of screenshots from other games (ex. max firing an MP5 from ghost recon)

NOTE:
there is no prize this is just to see who is the best
Old 04-22-2003, 04:43 PM   #2
j
Re: Screenshot challenge
So actually this is just a photoshopping contest? What's the point? Unedited screenshots would have been something I'd have found interesting.

Jos satut olemaan suomalainen, niin osta paita.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:51 PM   #3
Mad_Max
What j said. Would the contest be more interesting if picture editing was disallowed? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Another interesting contest idea would be to take pretty obscure screenshots and have people trying to figure out which level they're from. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Junkman Games
Old 04-22-2003, 04:55 PM   #4
Maddieman

I think it would be fairer if photoshopping was limited to just adjusting the levels/gamma of the image.

Also, can you use screenshots from mods?

It would be quite good to see a decent screenshot thread here... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Another interesting contest idea would be to take pretty obscure screenshots and have people trying to figure out which level they're from.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Great idea, Max. On my site I like to try and make the thumbnail images as obscure as possible. Should be fun if plenty of people participate. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-22-2003, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Maddieman ]
Old 04-22-2003, 07:09 PM   #5
ShadyC
I understand you started the thread Shadow, but here lets just make some new rules:

Photoshopping - Limited to Color Correction
Mods - Must be a released mod, and you gotta state the name of the mod used.
Level - same as mod? atleast for this one, as for the guess the level thing, that would be cool, but would take up alot of replys with 10 anwsers to each post...? can we do this.
Basicly, as long as the stuff is released, you can do it. I would love to see Kung Fu in action, but also some shots from basic mods.

Does anyone know of a great place to post pictures and upload them so that they can be used here?
Old 04-23-2003, 03:38 AM   #6
Jade

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadyC:

Does anyone know of a great place to post pictures and upload them so that they can be used here?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Try with www.sharemation.com

Btw...here one of my old edited screens...
Matrix
Old 04-23-2003, 06:23 PM   #7
ShadyC
Mod - Kung Fu 3
Heres my first pic. It's me doing a backflip of the guys shoulders....while almost getting shot at.
http://www.sharemation.com/shadyc/kungfu-ss01.jpg
I don't know how i got into this position.
Mod - Kung Fu 3
http://www.sharemation.com/shadyc/kungfu-ss02.jpg

How about maybe we try not to make comments, unless their trully needed, I want to see lots of pics, not words [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2003, 07:49 PM   #8
ShadyC
Let's Just say....Oprah loves you....
http://www.sharemation.com/shadyc/ds...omear-ss01.jpg
Don't ya hate it when the rats, get freaky lookin guns?
http://www.sharemation.com/shadyc/ds...omear-ss02.jpg
Both of these are taken from the mod....
dsaffsgfagomear
Old 04-23-2003, 07:50 PM   #9
shadow fox
Quote:
Originally posted by ShadyC:
I understand you started the thread Shadow, but here lets just make some new rules:

Photoshopping - Limited to Color Correction
Mods - Must be a released mod, and you gotta state the name of the mod used.
Level - same as mod? atleast for this one, as for the guess the level thing, that would be cool, but would take up alot of replys with 10 anwsers to each post...? can we do this.
Basicly, as long as the stuff is released, you can do it. I would love to see Kung Fu in action, but also some shots from basic mods.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ok fine the above are the new rules
as soon as i get around to getting a new floppy disk i'll post mine

it is also appropriate if you diside to put a silencer and no more into the picture. ONLY SILENCERS, NOTHING ELSE

[ 04-23-2003, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: shadow fox ]
Old 04-23-2003, 08:07 PM   #10
ShadyC
hehe sounds good, if you think a silencer will make it look that much cooler [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2003, 08:53 PM   #11
Maddieman

I don't think there's any point for this being a 'contest'; especially if no one is going to comment on the pictures. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If it's a contest, then it has to end at some point -- why not just keep it going indefinately as a screenshot thread?

You should be allowed to post whatever you want as long as it's a screenshot from Max Payne. You're only going to end up bending your own rules anyway -- you already have, in fact.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:15 PM   #12
poo_al
Been just playing the game and pausing it when something cool happens:

http://members.shaw.ca/poo-al/public/kickingass1.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/poo-al/public/kickingass2.jpg

No mods or anything.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:07 PM   #13
shadow fox
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddieman:
I don't think there's any point for this being a 'contest'; especially if no one is going to comment on the pictures. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If it's a contest, then it has to end at some point -- why not just keep it going indefinately as a screenshot thread?

You should be allowed to post whatever you want as long as it's a screenshot from Max Payne. You're only going to end up bending your own rules anyway -- you already have, in fact.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">first of all it will end when people stop posting screenshots

second the whole "You're only going to end up bending your own rules anyway -- you already have, in fact." is complete bull. I have not bent any of the rule i orriginally put into place if you would read them again you would find they where very leininet and it was people like you that suggested making the rules more strict.

and i cant seem to make my screen shots .jpg's they always come up on photo shop

[ 04-24-2003, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: shadow fox ]
Old 04-23-2003, 11:36 PM   #14
motionblur

Quote:
Originally posted by Jade:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by ShadyC:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Try with www.sharemation.com

Btw...here one of my old edited screens...
Matrix
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Heh. Good one, Jade [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2003, 11:58 PM   #15
j
How about this: Just post the url of the pictures. Those of us with a slow connection (that is, me) would certainly appreciate that.

Jos satut olemaan suomalainen, niin osta paita.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:52 AM   #16
shadow fox
my screen shots
Old 04-25-2003, 06:38 AM   #17
Kev_Hectic

I posted these two before in another thread quite a while back, but battling with chainsaws is still one of my favorite things to do.

Pic 1

pic 2

Did you ever finish this mod Maddie?

[ 04-25-2003, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: Kev_Hectic ]
Old 04-25-2003, 09:35 AM   #18
Maddieman

It's still in the works, so according to 'the rules' your entry is invalid. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Anyway, here's a few screenshots: [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://hellskitchen.paynereactor.com/Hell's%20Kitchen_files/main_files/k2/april/012.jpg

http://hellskitchen.paynereactor.com/Hell's%20Kitchen_files/main_files/k2/k08.jpg

http://hellskitchen.paynereactor.com/Hell's%20Kitchen_files/main_files/matrix/april/006.jpg

NB: I'm posting these for fun, because they're quite good Max Payne screenshots; not because I want to 'win' anything -- I'm not going to argue the toss over this.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:55 AM   #19
biXen
Erm, what the hell is that chainsaw thing there?
Old 04-25-2003, 09:56 AM   #20
Maddieman

Zer0 made it months ago -- I've cleaned it up a bit since.
Old 04-25-2003, 02:53 PM   #21
Jokke_r

beat this maddie...

yeh i know it's faked. but looks cool doesn't it. i love filters...
Old 04-25-2003, 02:56 PM   #22
Maddieman

^Very good timing. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2003, 03:04 PM   #23
Champ32
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddieman:
http://hellskitchen.paynereactor.com/Hell's%20Kitchen_files/main_files/matrix/april/006.jpg

NB: I'm posting these for fun, because they're quite good Max Payne screenshots; not because I want to 'win' anything -- I'm not going to argue the toss over this.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Besides, one's from "The Real World" Ain't it?