Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem 3D Modifications
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
TerminX

Duke Nukem Go here
http://www.duke4.net/forums/index.php?showforum=26

Please continue all of your threads and everything from here over on duke4.net. Registration is fast and easy (you don't have to wait for an admin to approve your account) and I'll be posting stuff over there until we have an official statement from 3DR and know wtf is going on.

As it is, nobody knows whether or not these forums will remain up, who will run them if they do, whether or not Joe will run them on his own later, et cetera. At this point in time it makes the most sense to have everybody come over there now before the forums here just up and vanish.

I have been advised that everyone using these forums as a sort of center for Duke modding should be finding a new home. The official support channel for EDuke32 will be moving to duke4.net because there are already a bunch of people from these forums there, I know Yatta pretty well, it was no problem for me to get admin access, etc. It looks like a good place to go.

Oh, also, I read some concerns about whether or not there would be an area for Shadow Warrior project discussions -- I can create a forum for that, too, no problem.

Hope to see you guys over on duke4.net!
Old 05-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
NightFright

Re: Go here
Very nice. I took the liberty of recreating following threads:
- HRP (general)
- HRP textures
- HRP models
- HRP revisions

The rest should follow by you guys, I guess. This will probably be my last post over here, so seeya on the other side!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #3
Blue Lightning

Hopefully some of the SP modders will go over there too! For what it's worth (which isnt a lot), you can count me in too!

I want to say this...I really never expected DNF to be produced, and said so on a post last year...although I would love to see it of course.

The reason I joined this forum is because of a game called Duke Nukem 3D, from 1996. I was interested in the Eduke and HRP project, not to mention the TONS of SP maps that have been and continue to be produced.

So even if nobody ever picks up the DNF title, Duke is not dead, nor will he ever be. Duke 3D from 1996 DOES EXIST, and always will exist and will be playable, thanks to the Eduke and HRP teams...along with thousands of hours of SP packs. So no, Duke Nukem is not dead...and never will be dead. And let me add this...no matter how fancy future graphics may become in other games, Duke 3D will never go out of style. Because of it's overall fun factor, it cant be beat. Never will be beat. Other games will keep struggling to try and match Duke 3D for fun factor.
Last edited by Blue Lightning; 05-07-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
LAW

It's maybe strange I am saying this, but: Why not the AMC?
Old 05-09-2009, 01:04 AM   #5
The Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAW View Post
It's maybe strange I am saying this, but: Why not the AMC?
Because AMC is for cool people.

Duke Nukem Red Alert SVN

Ask Me Anything!
Old 05-09-2009, 01:15 AM   #6
TerminX

Let's see... no active site owner, nobody around who can even be arsed to install forum software updates, tons of forums nobody has posted in for months (years for some of them maybe), full of elitist faggots, et cetera. I dunno, I just don't really like AMC. I could go into it more but I DO like some of the people who post there and a few of the threads that pop up from time to time. People should definitely check out AMC just because it's good to visit all of the Duke sites that are left, but as far as anyone is concerned this forum has moved to Duke4.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:35 AM   #7
TerminX

Just posting to update that the new forum at http://forums.duke4.net/index.php?showforum=26 is going well, even though it looks like we didn't really have to jump ship. I'll still be replying to stuff here and making sure the forum doesn't get filled with crap, but the main EDuke32 and HRP discussion is gonna stay there for reasons mentioned elsewhere.