Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > Popular Media Forum
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 05-21-2014, 11:23 PM   #1
dan2091

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

The Man Of Steel Sequel, finally gets an official title and logo.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=100523

The release date is May 6, 2016.

--

Flash News I just noticed I messed up the title... Can my grammar mistake be fixed, please?
Last edited by dan2091; 05-21-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:56 AM   #2
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justive
Yes, I'll fix the title.

But, that is a horrible title for the movie. DC need to just cut the crap and call the movie Justice League.
Superman needed a second film focused on just him. To evolve and expand the character more. But no... got shove in Batman to get some people in theaters.
OH! Gotta catch up to Marvel and the Avengers... lets cram in Wonder Woman, Cyborg... Nightwing... sure, toss in some other people.

ugh

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 05-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #3
Kalki

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Considered posting this myself when a title became official. Thanks!

I suppose they could have kept it at Batman Vs. Superman (what's with the 'V' over a 'Vs.'?). I don't mind them expanding beyond Superman if they didn't want to go the standalone route, but the additional League characters could have been introduced in a third movie, leaving this to cover the World's Finest dynamic with Batman. So yeah, feels rushed in a sense. Let's hope the story is worth doing it this way.

Anyway here's Affleck and the batmobile again:

"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 05-22-2014, 07:23 PM   #4
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

I was all up on the suit, until Kevin Smith stated that the suit is blue and grey.
Just a matter of personal opinion, but I've never been big on the blue Batman suits.

Black and grey... that would look awesome. But, blue and grey... not feeling it myself.

And, I know they've said they are taking inspiration for this from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.
But, the reason that worked is because Batman had known Superman for years upon years. He had studied him, watched him... had plans and things laid out.
He knew how and when to attack Superman to be able to overpower him.
This, Superman is brand new and Batman is older and grizzled. Batman doesn't know anything about Superman, and hell, the first film didn't even really dive into Superman's weaknesses.

Sorry, I really liked Man of Steel, but I think Superman needs another film on his own to continue to evolve and expand the character. His abilities, weaknesses, personality and drive.
Everything about this just yells that WB doesn't have faith in a second only Superman film, and DC is desperate to catch up to Marvel film wise.
And, IMO, it's pointless. Marvel may have the live action film direction nailed (which to me is very hit and miss), but DC have the animated film path down to a fine art. Their animated films are great... perfectly handled.

While Marvel's animated films tend to... well... suck.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 05-22-2014, 10:48 PM   #5
Kalki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
Marvel may have the live action film direction nailed (which to me is very hit and miss), but DC have the animated film path down to a fine art. Their animated films are great... perfectly handled.

While Marvel's animated films tend to... well... suck.
No argument there. As for the costume, some of the fan coloring done to that photo prior to Kevin Smith's disclosure made me think blue & grey could work.

"Gentlemen, generations to follow will see us as the first pioneers of the internet. They will look upon our days as those of brave spirits and free ideals - where men were men, women were men and children were the FBI."

Free Speech
Old 07-27-2014, 11:00 AM   #6
Kalki

Updating thread with the Wonder Woman reveal:

http://i.imgur.com/y74HKHY.jpg

The superman poster at comic-con was already shown before but here:

http://cdn.mos.totalfilm.com/images/...370-470-75.jpg

And the color closeup of Batfleck, chin and all. http://i.imgur.com/bbYOEJn.jpg (still waiting for the comic con one).

And the shakycam version of the teaser trailer is getting taken down fast. An official version should be up soon hopefully.

Free Speech