Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Shadow Warrior Source Code
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 05-27-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
johnb1
Ooo when I was young-more like when I was dead
seriously, this game kicks my butt. I've tried to cheat, but cannot (skill lev 2)
type in t, to see the shadow warrior symbol then type in 'swchan' and....nothing

phooey

John B
Old 05-27-2008, 05:13 PM   #2
Superczar

Re: when I was young-more like when I was dead
Well then play on easy...
Old 05-27-2008, 07:00 PM   #3
Loke

What's troubling ya?
- The Stinger
Old 07-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
Ronald Railgun

Cheat Codes!? You have no honour!...

But, for those with no honour, When I Was Young has its own set of unique cheatcodes. You can see them either in one of the helpfiles, or on its web site at:

http://wiwy.xblast-center.com/

It's a great expansion, the only really bizarre bit is the guy who doesn't even pretend to do a Japanese accent, and just does all his characters in a slow, Southern drawl (and mispronouncing "Takagy" as "Toe-gocky").
Old 07-15-2009, 04:26 AM   #5
imachavel

kick ass game

best 2 games since duke nukem 3d are when i was young and the park shadow warrior although i guess wanton destruction and the original shadow warrior were pretty good

but comparable to duke nukem 3d to me are only the park and when i was young

didn't know there were cheats for when i was young

the hardest part to me about that game wasn't the gameplay but figuring out how to get through the levels and then i guess conserving my ammo was a pain in the ass because it was sparse and hard to kill enemies with throwing stars or my samurai sword

really cool game, guess you haven't gotten to the hospital yet

anyway truthfully i think i had a hard time playing that game on hard, try easy first, and ask if you have any questions about locations of keys or whatnot, i thought it was hard figuring out how to get the key to go kill takagis enemies fu kung or whatnot but the key to that one is in the auto shop but you have to take the side door, that screwed with me for the longest time
peace
Old 07-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #6
Ronald Railgun

It's a little tough, but definitely winnable, since you have the Dojo Dummy in the early levels. Weapons are scarce, but you can go out, sword something, then come back to punch up.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:07 PM   #7
imachavel

almost forgot about that, you have that dojo dummy for the first 3 or 4 levels right? since the 1st 3 or 4 levels are just different areas of that 1 big level? i love that game the subway is a nice touch

anyway yeah thats true on the later levels you should be able to have the right amount of ammo to mess all the bad dudes up but anyway on easy i dont think its that bad anyway
Old 07-28-2009, 12:24 AM   #8
LAW

I remember I died at the end of the prison and then I saw the Lo Wang on the graveyard. But it was probably the demo of Wiwy...
Old 07-31-2009, 12:32 PM   #9
Ronald Railgun

That level is tough because at the end you have to take a missile for Mr. Takagy (Or "Tuh-gocky", as the southern-sounding voice says it). Surviving it is one problem, but if you're at 200 Health Points, and have the Red Armor Vest, you can.

The next problem is that you have to be standing in just the right spot, otherwise the missile goes past you and hits Mr. Takagy, sending you to the graveyard level, and you lose. There's no way to get around it. Even if you go outside alone and kill all the Guardians first, the one with the missile launcher will appear the moment Takagy comes out of the prison, so you may have to save and restore until you find the right spot to stand as the missile fires. (Posing and saying "Cheese" is optional).
Old 08-05-2009, 04:32 AM   #10
LAW

^ Wow thanks, didn't know.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #11
johnb1
okay thanks will try it again. Checked the WIWY website and apart from
noclipping (iamghost)that's as far as I got....will try it one day on EZ
I also checked the help/readme for this piece of work and....nothing

JB
Old 02-24-2010, 03:03 AM   #12
ProAsm

Btw if you interested there is an updated version ow WIWY which plays with SWP and has all the standard cheat codes, Hrp option etc.

http://www.proasm.com/files/swtcs/Wiwy_v11.zip

I agree, it really is a kick ass Addon