Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem Forever
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #41
WarThrash

Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokaj View Post
A troll? Just wanted to bring a little input to this forum from the real world .. Therefore the well written quote. Read it again. You must admit he really nails it.
"but what was hilarious a decade ago sounds mostly idiotic now. Duke's jokes are stale, delivered poorly, and immature"

"You are taking this too seriously.". naah ..
That's it. Sick em Gary!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #42
PredatorFL

someone is obsessed with Garey Busey... but I like it!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:13 PM   #43
WarThrash

once I started looking for Busey pics to post in this thread I just had to put one in my avatar. Seriously do a google image search on him.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #44
bokaj
Quote:
Originally Posted by cof_3pc View Post
The only thing that quote sounds like is a snooty journalist that has no sense of humor. The guy is probably also anti-guns, voted for Obama, and believes in giving all of our tax dollars to a bunch of poor scumbag crackheads that would slit your throat in a heart beat for a hit. Some of you might be asking yourself, "how is this related?" Well I'll tell you.... Because the guy is clearly a pansy ass hippie.
Cute..
Old 06-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #45
PredatorFL

[QUOTE=WarThrash;934646]This is where you fail and become a troll though. This isn't a thread to voice your opinions on Duke's one-liners. It's a thread to come up with your own one-liners that would fit in DNF. If you come in here and start talking trash, you're just flame-baiting because that wasn't the original purpose of the thread. So if you don't like Duke's one-liners at all then you can just:

...or I'll sick Gary Busey on you

or worse... sick his son on him and bore him to death with his horrible acting and defunct career.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

In the words of Duke: "Book em Danno"
Old 06-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #46
Zarniwoop
Ignore this =D
Last edited by Zarniwoop; 06-25-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #47
WarThrash

*sigh* Once again, this thread is not for opinions on whether you like Duke's one-liners. If you don't like them, fine, but keep it out of here. Is that so hard?

Duke doesn't need to get "darker". He's an over-the-top character. That would be like Ash from Army of Darkness getting darker/more serious. Then he'd be like Ash on Evil Dead 1...uninteresting and lame
Last edited by WarThrash; 06-25-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #48
PredatorFL

See that's the problem with games today "oh let's make it darker" or ohhh yeaa "grittier of all the shooters that come to mind, Duke was one of the few shooters that actually had character in a sea of cookie cut-out Doom clones and today's call of duty clones. Duke Nukem wasn't soo damn serious, it was just about a man kicking @ass and saving chicks plain and simple. Like the Doom guy you were a regular space marine doomed and fighting the hordes of hell plain and simple but fun. now if you mean that the aliens should be darker Duke Nukem 3D would be a perfect example because the Aliens were fine.The Aliens were mean and nasty, but Duke would just shrug them off and say "Blow it out your @ass."

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Gary Busey... I CHOOSE YOU!!!

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

wow ok desiposes = disposes, sry for crap spelling.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #49
cof_3pc

Shit, your Busy is over 9000.....

I'm sorry, but when you blow an aliens to pieces, and Duke says,"Blow it out your ass" that's still awesome to this day.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:33 PM   #50
PredatorFL

Blow it out your ass is one of my favorite one liners, I use it today... I wrote @ss because I didn't know if that would be acceptable.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #51
DrakeBueno

Lol what is with all the gary busey? I admit it is hilarious looking at his face though. BTW is that an actual unphotoshopped picture of gary at post #41? His mouth is friggin huge! Well back to thinking about a good one-liner.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #52
WarThrash

Yep...that's Gary's actual pie hole.

As for the topic at hand, I think there should be a scene where Duke takes out his wallet and it reads "Bad Motherf**ker".

Pulp Fiction, baby
Old 06-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #53
GOGO
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarThrash View Post
The "Park my bricks" one-liner is pure genius. It's 100% Duke. So yeah, your humor fails on that one.
Agreed, that alien toilet line was awesome.
One of the best parts about Duke games are his one-liners.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:33 PM   #54
cof_3pc

Eat shit and die!

I still like that Gordon Freeman one suggested earlier in the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoddle View Post

Duke: Whoa! Guess I’m too late to set you free, man.
It'd be perfect, because at the time of "That's one DOOMed space marine" part, DOOM was probably the biggest game before Duke. Now Half Life 2 has got to be probably the most praised single player mode FPS on PC.
Last edited by cof_3pc; 06-25-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #55
WarThrash

1) Have a dead bald black guy with a mustache who's half eaten.
"Looks like he was Left for Dead"

2) Also have a movie poster for a SAW sequel that says:
"SAW: it like a million times already"
Last edited by WarThrash; 06-25-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:45 PM   #56
alexgk

Trollface graffiti on a wall
Old 06-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #57
Duke's New Chainsaw

Old 06-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #58
WarThrash

Ha! Who's that in his shades?
Old 06-25-2010, 08:12 PM   #59
KaiserSoze

"It's always about the looks, what about the brains?" as Duke gibs an octobrain. Or accidently shoots a stripper.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:16 PM   #60
Duke's New Chainsaw

Quote:
Ha! Who's that in his shades?

You got two guesses.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:12 AM   #61
WarThrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke's New Chainsaw View Post

You got two guesses.
Scott Miller? No! Wait.....I KNOW!

...John Carmack?
Old 06-26-2010, 09:15 AM   #62
DrakeBueno

Red face Re: The "One-Liners/Pop-Culture References in DNF" Thread
You know whats funny warthrash? I actually have and am currently using the pulp fiction bad Mother****** wallet lol.

i think i got one.
Duke sees a dead redneck with his head plum cut in two and the bottom half of his body cut to shreds. Duke sees the dead redneck who happens to look like billy bob thornton and says "Want some french fried taters?" hilarious (at least to me)
Old 06-26-2010, 12:38 PM   #63
Duke's New Chainsaw

Quote:
Scott Miller?

OK lets see....

If the Enforcers still take a crap and Duke steps in it.

"Ugh, they still haven't potty trained these bastards?"

Old 06-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #64
cof_3pc

Not bad, not bad. But they're on the toilet, so it wouldn't make since.

Maybe we could tweak that one, and there could be a scene where one of them is shitting in a garage can, or a sink or something.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #65
DrakeBueno

I think it would be hilarious if duke went back in time and saw a pig cop and a WW2 soldier going at it. The WW2 soldier unloads a full clip from an automatic weapon (cant think of a specific weapon right now) into our bacon friend and the pig cop laughs and kills him in one shot. Duke then laughs and says something along the lines of "Real men dont need to hide behind cover!". ultimate diss to all these damn wanna be realism shooters lol
Old 06-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #66
cof_3pc

The Thompson M1928. He would unload a "magazine" not a "clip"

The idea seems rather long winded. Sorry for the firearm grammar Nazism, but I am a big firearms guy and it drives me nuts when people say "clip."
Old 06-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #67
Duke's New Chainsaw

Quote:
Not bad, not bad. But they're on the toilet, so it wouldn't make since.
That is the Assault Trooper. (who are potty trained )

I'm talking about the dino looking dudes with the chaingun arms.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #68
cof_3pc

Oh, right. I don't recall a part where any of them shit. I remember dog shit everywhere in the back of the Duke Burger level.

"shit happens"
Old 06-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #69
WarThrash

Quote:
The Thompson M1928. He would unload a "magazine" not a "clip"

The idea seems rather long winded. Sorry for the firearm grammar Nazism, but I am a big firearms guy and it drives me nuts when people say "clip."
It totally doesn't matter these days. I'm big on firearms too, but terminology just takes on new meaning over time. Just look at the word "gay" it used to mean "happy" but now it means....well you know. There are lots of terms that just end up taking on multiple meanings. "Clip" is one of them.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:33 PM   #70
cof_3pc

No, not really, but I'll let you think that. Go into any proper gun store and they will usually correct you. Unless they too are gangster wannabe thugs. Because only people that don't know any better, and 9mm Glock lovin' homie G dawg in da hood mofos say "clip."
Last edited by cof_3pc; 06-26-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #71
WarThrash

Quote:
No, not really, but I'll let you think that. Go into any proper gun store and they will usually correct you. Unless they too are gangster wannabe thugs. Because only people that don't know any better, and 9mm Glock lovin' homie G dawg in da hood mofos say "clip."
Like I said, terminology broadens. I know the proper term is "magazine" but it's just accepted to be called a clip as well. As the proper term for "gay" is homosexual, but no one bothers to correct them anymore. That happens with alot of words. So correcting people usually doesn't help
Old 06-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #72
MrBlackCat

Quote:
Like I said, terminology broadens. I know the proper term is "magazine" but it's just accepted to be called a clip as well. As the proper term for "gay" is homosexual, but no one bothers to correct them anymore. That happens with alot of words. So correcting people usually doesn't help
Correcting people doesn't help when a society is in decline... It is individual responsibility to improve throughout life, which is why most people don't. American soceity/culture doesn't allow this. Constructive Criticism has almost been stamped out like a bad thing.
A clip is a clip and a magazine is a magazine, it is only ok to be wrong (yep, no gray area, you are just wrong) only because our society doesn't allow us as individuals to help improve our society.

Moving along to topic...

Anyway, I see a lot of very Duke like one liners in this thread. I remember the first time "That is one DooMed space Marine. That was totally awesome to me. Genius... who at the time didn't know DooM?

I don’t see it as a crutch as previously mentioned really... I see it as a form or recognition. Kind of like Weird Al’s music... If you make it to Weird Al status, you are famous.

Anyway, I don’t have any great ideas for new Duke References. I have spent most of my hours playing Grand Theft Auto 3-San Andreas the last few years. I am sure someone could come up with some GTA references.

I enjoy troll-resistant threads like this.

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)
Old 06-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #73
DrakeBueno

Posting that uneducated people from the hood say clip makes me feel like a sad panda, im from the hood but im not ignaant lol. I think i first started calling them clips when i first played doom, i was stupid into that game lol. I think i am done coming up with one-liners i do not think anything i could come up with would be epic enough
Old 06-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #74
WarThrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlackCat View Post
Correcting people doesn't help when a society is in decline... It is individual responsibility to improve throughout life, which is why most people don't. American soceity/culture doesn't allow this. Constructive Criticism has almost been stamped out like a bad thing.
A clip is a clip and a magazine is a magazine, it is only ok to be wrong (yep, no gray area, you are just wrong) only because our society doesn't allow us as individuals to help improve our society.
But you are forgetting the "I kind of don't give a shit" factor

Yeah I know the term is wrong...but I just don't care. Juts like I know a Zombie is not really those things in Night of the Living Dead...but I just don't care. It's what they are now called. Giving things new words/meanings is just inevitable. I'm not gonna bother trying to stop it because ignorance doesn't ever stop. It's best to move on.

But yeah it'd be best to keep this on track.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:25 PM   #75
prophecy holder

Quote:
OMG, someone said "clip" even though they were talking about a "magazine".

In this situation, all you need is to say this:

"Ever since I was a little boy, dressing up has always been...my greatest joy. But when It's time to be discreet, there is one thing you just can't beat and that's a strapless backless classical little black dress"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e4BCOrLmJ0
Old 06-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #76
WarThrash

On a side note I was playing Doom 3 and when I picked up ammo for the Machine Gun it said "Machine Gun Clip". So....

Old 06-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #77
cof_3pc

That's because machine guns do use clips. Look at the pictures fool!

Now scroll up and look at the first one that I posted.

The best example of a true "clip" is the spring loaded clip on the WWII m1Garand. That's what makes the *ching* sound when it's out of ammunition. The "clip" pops out, readying the rifle for another.

On that note, I think it would be cool if Duke comes across some thugs with motha ****in' 9mm's and the thugs say, "Oh, shit, we out of clips." Then Duke goes, "I've got a clip for you." And blast them with a machine gun.
Last edited by cof_3pc; 06-28-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #78
Commando Nukem

Quote:

Yeah I know the term is wrong...but I just don't care. Juts like I know a Zombie is not really those things in Night of the Living Dead...but I just don't care. It's what they are now called. Giving things new words/meanings is just inevitable. I'm not gonna bother trying to stop it because ignorance doesn't ever stop. It's best to move on.

But yeah it'd be best to keep this on track.
Dont get stuck with me in a zombie apocalypse. If you ask me for a clip when you're using a magazine fed weapon, i'll just throw you to the hordes of undead and call it a day.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #79
WarThrash

Quote:
That's because machine guns do use clips. Look at the pictures fool!
You sort of missed the explanation of the whole "don't give a shit" factor didn't you?

Clip...magazine...doesn't matter. The point gets across either way.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #80
SS202

ffs let it go