Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 03-30-2003, 06:43 PM   #1
aavenr
Opinions on Deep Six?
Hi guys, as a long time staff member and content writer/news poster I was just wondering what is the general opinion or perception of Deep Six --also known as 3DAP/MaxPayne-- Do you guys see us as a reliable news source? Do you enjoy the content like previews, interviews, fanfiction and editorials we post? -- i know it's been a bit too quiet on that aspect lately, sorry for that-- or do you even bother to check out the site at all? What things you would like to see over there in the future?

Basically any feedback on our work is appreciated.
Old 03-31-2003, 01:25 AM   #2
biXen
Re: Opinions on Deep Six?
It's nice with a sensible alternative to MPHQ, it's just been so quiet lately that I hardly visit it. But then again so is the whole scene, if the ideology "if you haven't got anything to nice to say then it's not worth saying" was alive at MPHQ the forums there would be quiet too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2003, 07:03 AM   #3
Maddieman

It's a good site, the news is focused, and you generally get the big headlines first. However, news updates aside, the rest of the site seems a little dead. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Just small things really. For example, you could change the pic of the year more frequently; or come up with a few more polls (that max v neo one has been up since I started modding); a couple of new interviews; and I guess a nick of paint wouldn't hurt.

I think also you need something that makes the site stand out above the rest -- something unique that makes your site worth reading. There are loads of max payne sites and they all seem to offer the same thing -- news and forums. Among other things, Paynereactor had the mod report, for example -- you need something like that.

Well, that's what I think anyway. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2003, 09:16 PM   #4
Maniac536
I must say that writer fellow has tremendous talent. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

-Maniac

Old 03-31-2003, 10:36 PM   #5
aavenr
Quote:
Originally posted by biXen:
It's nice with a sensible alternative to MPHQ, it's just been so quiet lately that I hardly visit it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have to differ on that one bix. I have made sure to post news on a regular basis (at least 3 or 4 news items a week) over the last 2 months. Everybody that visits us can assure you, there's way more regular news at Deep Six than at the MPHQ main page for instance.

Quote:

the news is focused, and you generally get the big headlines first. However, news updates aside, the rest of the site seems a little dead.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Maddieman however hits it right on the nail on that sentence.

Quote:

I think also you need something that makes the site stand out above the rest -- something unique that makes your site worth reading. There are loads of max payne sites and they all seem to offer the same thing -- news and forums. Among other things, Paynereactor had the mod report, for example -- you need something like that.

I absolutely share your thoughts Maddie. You raise a very valid point there. We did use to have plenty of content when we started out but soon thereafter I moved along toward other endeavors and --I hate to say it-- but the content part of the site was halted dead on its tracks. Every single member of the staff, other than maniac and myself, has distanced himself completely from the site and that's the reason you don't see any new pics of day, polls, articles, etc. Lately we have had some nice articles thanks to Maniac's persevarance but that's about it.

Hopefully I can motivate the staff to come back or recruit some new people in. I doubt I'll have to time to write more articles but at least the newsfeed will still be there.

Thanks a lot for the comments guys, really respect your views on the matter. If anybody else wants to add something else, please, by all means do it.

Quote:

I must say that writer fellow has tremendous talent.
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ 03-31-2003, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: aavenr ]
Old 04-01-2003, 02:15 AM   #6
biXen
Quote:
Originally posted by aavenr:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by biXen:
It's nice with a sensible alternative to MPHQ, it's just been so quiet lately that I hardly visit it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have to differ on that one bix. I have made sure to post news on a regular basis (at least 3 or 4 news items a week) over the last 2 months. Everybody that visits us can assure you, there's way more regular news at Deep Six than at the MPHQ main page for instance.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I wasn't talking about news. Am not that interested in news, and I wasn't JUST talking about your site, but a bit in general. There's no buzz that makes me visit it. And the complicated address turns me off [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2003, 07:17 AM   #7
aavenr
Quote:
Originally posted by biXen:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by aavenr:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by biXen:
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I wasn't talking about news. Am not that interested in news, and I wasn't JUST talking about your site, but a bit in general. There's no buzz that makes me visit it. And the complicated address turns me off [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Guess it makes a lot more sense then, can't deny the community is a been a little quiet lately (at least since the KF3 release). And as for the adress, theres always www.planetmaxpayne.com [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2003, 07:25 AM   #8
biXen
Ah, didn't know planetmaxpayne still works. I clicked it now since it was a link, you need some more spice on that page boy, it's all so grey [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Phew, am a bit spoiled with these mouse gestures in Phoenix, makes me feel like I'm doing jedi waves to get the browser to do what I tell it to [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]