Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 04-17-2003, 02:21 AM   #1
neeek
Max Payne on handheld console Nokia n-gage
nokia n-gage is gonna have heaps of games coming out on the fone and n-gage hasnt even came out yet and only will be released late this year.

so i was wondering, max payne on handheld consoles, except gba cos no way it can handle bullet time and photo realistic graphics and normal voice acting and better music.

red factions gonna be made onto n-gage, so's tomb raider, sonic, all the game developers are gonna make mobile fone gaming sooo fun. its not just playing snake and tetris and snowboarding and car racing no more. youre gonna have real quality fun games just like on the gba but better cos the fone has mms, sms, email, mobile internet, radio, all those things the gba lacks. but mostly it'll succeed cos n-gage will have the features made to play real cool games and have 3d and so on.

so would having max payne on a handheld such as nokia's n-gage be any possible to play on? and would that be likely it can be made for sumthing like that?
Old 04-17-2003, 06:53 AM   #2
j
Re: Max Payne on handheld console Nokia n-gage
Quote:
Originally posted by neeek:
so i was wondering, max payne on handheld consoles, except gba cos no way it can handle bullet time and photo realistic graphics and normal voice acting and better music.

red factions gonna be made onto n-gage, so's tomb raider, sonic, all the game developers are gonna make mobile fone gaming sooo fun. its not just playing snake and tetris and snowboarding and car racing no more. youre gonna have real quality fun games just like on the gba but better cos the fone has mms, sms, email, mobile internet, radio, all those things the gba lacks. but mostly it'll succeed cos n-gage will have the features made to play real cool games and have 3d and so on.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Tha GBA's batteries, however, last like ~20hours or something, unlike the Ngage's, which will run out of power after about 2-4 hours of gaming/mp3's/radio. That's less than what it takes to ride a train from my hometown Pori to Helsinki.

Also, GBA SP costs a bit over 100 euros and is the size of a minidisk player. Ngage will cost around 300-400 euros and it's the size of a football stadium. You could buy a f'cking xbox and 4 games with that amount. You do the math.

Jos satut olemaan suomalainen, niin osta paita.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:54 AM   #3
biXen
Bah, I can play Ghost blade on my 6610 for hours and hours, so screw the N-Gage [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

(Red Faction for N-gage, hmmm, maybe they'll do Daikatana if they can't do it (which they can't))
Old 05-03-2003, 05:34 AM   #4
Skitso
Quote:
Originally posted by neeek:
Ngage will cost around 300-400 euros and it's the size of a football stadium. You could buy a f'cking xbox and 4 games with that amount. You do the math.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually N-gage is a LOT smaller than you'd imagine. I've tried it once at the Nokia factories, Espoo, Finland and it felt really promising. Only the screen seemed a bit low quality.