Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Max Payne Movie Tops Box Office!
All of 3D Realms took a couple of hours on Friday afternoon and we all partook of the Max Payne movie. Turns out a lot of folks joined us across the US, as the movie was the #1 moneymaker this weekend topping the previous #1 slot holder for the last two weeks (Beverly Hills Chihuahua), as well as the other newly released movie this weekend ("W" by Oliver Stone).

One quick note if you have not seen it (or plan to more than once)... Stick around through the credits. There is a small scene tacked on after the full credit scroll. Not going to say what it was, but if you're the kind of person that gets up and walks out the second the credits start, you might want to wait. Need tickets? Get them here.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 10-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
fast-1

Re: Max Payne Movie Tops Box Office!
It will be here in UK a few months or so, was it great, I like Mark as Max Payne-he will be a great actor for the part. I wonder how it holds up, not out yet in my country but reviews by critics forget them and see for yourself. Sold out eh.

Hope so.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
Zom-B

You can't stay till the end of the credits anymore, they like to kick everyone out and clean up the screens.

That goes for every cinema I've been to in the UK, anyway. I'll probably have to wait for the DVD to see this extra scene.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
Yetaman

That scene after the credits, I thought it was the DNF trailer, well, it wasnt, or thats what I read somewhere else.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:59 AM   #5
prophecy holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zom-B View Post
You can't stay till the end of the credits anymore, they like to kick everyone out and clean up the screens.

That goes for every cinema I've been to in the UK, anyway. I'll probably have to wait for the DVD to see this extra scene.
In the US, i was kicked out and banned from several theatre's for doing that. I went to the Max payne movie expecting at least some info about DNF or Duke nukem related news. I guess thats one of the main reasons a lot of people went lol.
"Ever since I was a little boy, dressing up has always been...my greatest joy. But when It's time to be discreet, there is one thing you just can't beat and that's a strapless backless classical little black dress"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e4BCOrLmJ0
Old 10-21-2008, 08:29 AM   #6
Sayantan

I always stay till the credit ends. That's mainly because all the visual FX guys and CG artists are shown near the end. Keep an eye on who's working in which studio in which country did what, etc. Kind of handy for job switches.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #7
Ravey
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecy holder View Post
I went to the Max payne movie expecting at least some info about DNF or Duke nukem related news. I guess thats one of the main reasons a lot of people went lol.
Really?
Old 10-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #8
alexgk

Gonna watch it as soon as it arrives to my town...
Old 10-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #9
Karthik
Was it any challenge to beat this movie in the first place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTQVbxeyou8

Old 10-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #10
Zztx

I was about to say, topping Beverly Hills Chihuahua is an achievement equal to beating a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest, I'd hope.

Golly, I'm such a dour Dora.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #11
Destructor

Meh, only 18 mil. for US box office opening weeked. Tomb Raider got around 40 something for it's weekend opening. Still, it bet Doom which is a good sign.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:23 AM   #12
Coolgamer
Well, thanks for letting me know after I already went opening night and missed it...
Old 12-03-2008, 03:50 AM   #13
Hawkeyefile

The movie sucked, BB was not a main character, yet in this movie he was the arch enemy of max, it was suppose to be Horne. I got up and left partway through it. The writers in Hollywood need to STICK with the original script. And besides, didn't Max Payne have a script which was an equivalent to a 4 hour movie? They could have made a two movies and rocked my ass off, but no, they chose to write new additions to the movie. (Like BB killing Max's wife).
Old 12-03-2008, 09:28 AM   #14
Daniel
I really liked the film. Yeah, they didn't cover the entire story line of the first game to detail and they changed things around a bit, but I think that made it better for the viewer who had already played the game. If you want the original story, play the game...if you want a good adaptation of it, watch the movie. Regardless of what you think of the movie script, Mark Wahlberg did a fantastic job with what he had. I loved it, but there definitely are a lot of aspects of the film that could have been done better.