Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Dopefish.com Forum
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 01-08-2008, 11:58 PM   #1
Sys_Config

Dopefish Found in Advanced Alien Blueprints!
waiting happily for his next meal inside a current and Hotly contested document known as the Isaac Caret files , the image of dope fish can be clearly seen depending on the rez of your display (1600) . Yes our voracious hero , who has struct terror in the hearts of many a project manager, and wooed the fairest of the Amazonian Piranhitas away from John Romero himself, , has eventually made his way into an alleged Dept. of Defense document diagrams known a the Isaac Caret files, allegedly leaked by an unknown and retired computer scientist, using the alias Isaac" who felt the time for disclosure was now after witnesses reporte a ufo that resembled a cieling fan with strange heiroglyphics I can assure you Dopefish must have felt the same way. For no sooner than the black and white diagrams were subjected to colorization and tweaking under Photo shop and subsequent scrutiny by me ,of course, there he was. Those "cockeyes" had me rivitted..yes indeedy. oh..and he was not alone either. not far in other parts of the diagram ,were other characters from Commander Keen like Frantic Frie and Krazy Carrot and the deadly Attacking Asparagus.

Surprise after surprise, the alien letters ballyhooed all over the internet..were eventually traced to ..dont make me say it..The Vorticons! and are found in the Keen Galactic Alphabet!

I will post just a few of an endless supply of Images extracted from the diagram which are intended obviously . The plot thickens..I wont reveal all as yet..but the witnesses who are mysteriously gone..all had a terrible habit of using terms like Jerkily and Trickly, and Luckly..just like ..Dont make me say it..Tom Hall..(someone pass me the smelling salts) when he says Soonly at dopefish.com ..is it possible? well you decide..should you dare open the pages of the Isaac Caret document..you may never return..quite the same.
anyway I shan't wear out my welcome ....I do love all the anagrams, and riddles, and art, as well as real science bound up into the whole case..I have never seen anything like this in all my expeirence...and what turned out to some as an annoying hoax, has turned into a veritable treasure trove of creativite genius and entertainment.

was this squash..not my favorite

alien letters..Alienware sure cant touch you.

could this be Toms T ?
Old 01-09-2008, 02:14 AM   #2
Dreams

Re: Dopefish Found in Advanced Alien Blueprints!
Ehhmm?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dude-wait-what.jpg (72.8 KB, 19 views)
Old 01-09-2008, 02:48 AM   #3
Altered Reality

He's basically saying that the Caret files (which supposedly are top-secret descriptions of alien technology) are fake and inspired by Tom Hall's galactic alphabet and the logo lettering of Deus Ex.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:20 AM   #4
Sys_Config

My apologies if I caused confusion. And my thanx to AR for clarifying my post I have no doubt DopeFish will one day do a cameo at the Whitehouse, and maybe even Jack VanImpes Ministries. Whats an apocolypse endtimes video without Dopefish! Let's keep praying.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #5
Dopefish7590

nice
Old 01-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #6
Sys_Config

Thanx Dopefish 7590 that is a real compliment From real Dopefish Fan ..It was not easy working with that blue print graphic..still playing with it. When I find Billy find the hero, I will make sure you have first Dibs!!
Peace
Sys
Old 01-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #7
Sys_Config

Thanx for tthe compliment Dopefish7590, it was hard work finding him, when I find Billy, I will make sure you have first dibs!!
Peace
Sys
Old 01-16-2008, 08:47 PM   #8
Dopefish7590

hey thanks man
Old 09-30-2008, 05:02 PM   #9
Sys_Config

Trying to experiment with darker contrast..
Old 09-30-2008, 07:16 PM   #10
Ironside

Who is billy? You long lost lover?
Old 09-30-2008, 11:09 PM   #11
Sys_Config

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander_Keen
Last edited by Sys_Config; 09-30-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #12
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Some of you guys look way too hard for stuff that isn't there.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 10-01-2008, 01:57 PM   #13
Klaus Kinski

But Joe!
The truth is out there!
Old 10-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #14
Sys_Config

@Ironsides..My love life is off topic but out of courtesy pointed you in direction if you don't know or have one....
@Klaus Success has many fathers..failure is an orphan..
@Joe Thank you for the kind words, some see it ..some don't..I have seen examples in darker backgrounds at the other sites..and what I put up was here for 9 months...and you are now just getting to it? After I just posted yesterday no one had thought contrary and had at least one positive comment., kewl!

Let me clarify, for the record, No one said it was Tom hall, or anyone here..just some very zealous fan perhaps, like the legions out there. as others duly noted.I didn't start looking for this ..
Maybe it was a bad game viral..maybe someone , just hypothetically now, Sin Dynasty Games who once were hosted by softwired who setup IsaacCaret.com , maybe alienware, who cares, thats what the res showed. Its was part of a hoax, a prank, on paper, not even in game , though I believe it was found in the game itself as well.I am just having fun with it..like finding it on a garbage truck, or someone shaving his head in the form of it.
The point of thread I thought was to post where we see Dopefish, or where we think we see the Dopefish, not have a beauty contest per se, Its from a scanned document, not a photo..just examples that pay tribute to Dopefish, after all he is a fiendish lovable character, no matter where he is found. This is no different, imo.

Thanks for your valuable input
And honored to have you comment

Regards
Sys
Last edited by Sys_Config; 10-01-2008 at 08:12 PM. Reason: enhance post.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:03 AM   #15
Nukkus

The volume has increased exponentially the beefsteak toe.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:36 AM   #16
Steve

Talk Bubble Re: Dopefish Found in Advanced Alien Blueprints!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
Some of you guys look way too hard for stuff that isn't there.
Look what I found

Old 10-03-2008, 08:06 AM   #17
NutWrench

I don't see any Dopefish.
"If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled."
Old 10-03-2008, 08:14 AM   #18
Ironside

Why do you keep bringing up issaccarrot?
Thats a doctored death project and anyone interested in it goes on a list to be executed. Your marked for death dude.
jk
Old 10-03-2008, 11:49 AM   #19
Sys_Config

Hi ironsides, that was too funny. I know I am in the right place with the right people.
I agree with you 101 percent! The holdouts for its a real gov document and diagram, did not want to touch this doctored part. Poor Alienware was suspected of "stealing: the letters, although our its a hoax group showed the photos were cgi doctored as well.
I demonstrated only that the lettering went back eons..and that what we had was a mish mash of old stuff readily seen on the market, boing boing and fringeware style.
the diagrams proportion have been estimated at roughly 10 x 13 ft., photographed and then scanned.

Thats why I posted nine months ago here.
Only a group with your critical eyes, not to mention equipment, and historical knowledge many of the older games..
would be able to make short shrift of it.
http://www.box.net/shared/osuk2t91fp
this the colorized version, where i dabbled and came across those "anomalies" by alternating the hues..

The Pro Real are people with financing behind them, which we just normal forum dwellers dont have, and they actually still pushing this as real on the public.

Bringing it here..I wanted to even out the odds a little.
Because you are the best. Thats right, only group like this can tackle this and have no axe to grind..thats as real as you can get..
You might see colorful characters from other games back in the dayz..maybe even the artists signature..these had tremendous egos..
Yes I know the thing is BS..and I know
You don't like BS.
But this would nail the whole package down nicely..so others dont fall for this.
Thats the important part for me personally, Thats the only stake I have in this.

If you choose to look at it..remember its a 45 meg pic..and will quickly absorb resources.
different sections were done it different resolutions
Around the smallest letters on outside of nodes, certain parts had characters embossed around the letters, but only you can differentiate, between a character or a a pixel artifact.

So..whatever you find..Will help wrap this up wheteher its a dopefish or a puff the magic dragon.

Regards to all

Cheers..

Sys
Old 10-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #20
Nukkus

Negatory. The iambic pentameter readings are off the chart, Alex.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #21
Sys_Config

Nukkus
First off..my name is not alex..Admins can easily tell who I am..I am not using a proxy..If someone else has asked the same thing direct me to the post..
Secondly..kewl..thats your choice, speak for yourself..its an opinion..its your right..It was here nine months..without a peep..Now out of nowhere some seem want to turn this into a gangbang?
I don't need a thousand people on this..just one good person..and I know there has to be one in here. Feel free to PM me, if interested..or just go solo..for yourselves and post what you get. If you are afraid of group think, then just PM results privately thanx..

So no need for anyone to get negative.. or talk mumbojumbo
Have a great day

addendum..some excellent history right on 3d in the old interviews going back to 2001..showing early games besides cdr keen..others like by ritual entertainment, then to now..casual games..and evolution ..before you start, should anyone decide to. Just need definable charcters..don't care who they are.http://www.3drealms.com/news/about_3dr_3dr_staff/
also these people
http://www.mumbojumbo.com/ as to other characters.
colors are limited in the file red yellow blue green
Greetz!
Last edited by Sys_Config; 10-03-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #22
Nukkus

The cheese is out of the bag now, Alex. Beware the nonbelievers, they have smoked their tuna. A silicon dream is all that is left for the road ahead, and the fact that we are still awake has led me to believe that the taxi has not departed for the french. Nevertheless, the peanut will always remain for the left foot, and the waffle for the right. Believe my friends, the donkey only farts once!
Old 10-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #23
Sys_Config

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sys_Config View Post
Hi ironsides, that was too funny. I know I am in the right place with the right people.
I agree with you 101 percent! The holdouts for its a real gov document and diagram, did not want to touch this doctored part. Poor Alienware was suspected of "stealing: the letters, although our its a hoax group showed the photos were cgi doctored as well.
I demonstrated only that the lettering went back eons..and that what we had was a mish mash of old stuff readily seen on the market, boing boing and fringeware style.
the diagrams proportion have been estimated at roughly 10 x 13 ft., photographed and then scanned.

Thats why I posted nine months ago here.
Only a group with your critical eyes, not to mention equipment, and historical knowledge many of the older games..
would be able to make short shrift of it.
http://www.box.net/shared/osuk2t91fp
this the colorized version, where i dabbled and came across those "anomalies" by alternating the hues..

The Pro Real are people with financing behind them, which we just normal forum dwellers dont have, and they actually still pushing this as real on the public.

Bringing it here..I wanted to even out the odds a little.
Because you are the best. Thats right, only group like this can tackle this and have no axe to grind..thats as real as you can get..
You might see colorful characters from other games back in the dayz..maybe even the artists signature..these had tremendous egos..
Yes I know the thing is BS..and I know
You don't like BS.
But this would nail the whole package down nicely..so others dont fall for this.
Thats the important part for me personally, Thats the only stake I have in this.

If you choose to look at it..remember its a 45 meg pic..and will quickly absorb resources.
different sections were done it different resolutions
Around the smallest letters on outside of nodes, certain parts had characters embossed around the letters, but only you can differentiate, between a character or a a pixel artifact.

So..whatever you find..Will help wrap this up wheteher its a dopefish or a puff the magic dragon.

Regards to all

Cheers..

Sys
the detail onaround some of the smaller alien lettrs may have this effect..but on a much simpler scale..this I would call complex by comparison..

see very first posts pic for example..
Old 10-03-2008, 06:06 PM   #24
Nukkus

Quote:
the detail onaround some of the smaller alien lettrs may have this effect..but on a much simpler scale..this I would call complex by comparison..

see very first posts pic for example..
Great scott, Alex has a marshmallow! Run, it is very sharp! Beware Fred, for you are next! Suffer like G did?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #25
Ironside

edited
Last edited by Ironside; 10-03-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:30 AM   #26
Sys_Config

This is what I am imagining at the moment.. first is at 700 percent..the pixelation is just horrible gamma set to windows on adobe ps

these are at 400 and 500 percent..just amazing the tricks the eye can play isn't it.

yes doctored document, fun characters..I just would love. to know the characters so busy about..so I can make an appointment
with DR.Giggles too. but oh. but you know the deal..they are not supposed to be there..
Last edited by Sys_Config; 10-04-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:41 AM   #27
Nukkus

Fred is cheesed.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:34 AM   #28
Sys_Config

Nukkus, I am beginning to appreciate and enjoy the way you think
Sorry to hear about G. The business certainly is not what it used to be.
People are demanding more fun, and for writers its getting less fun to write these games.
Some are gone before they ever see a finished product, let alone retain their rights to it.
It voids pretty bad.
Cheers.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:35 AM   #29
Nukkus

Quote:
Nukkus, I am beginning to appreciate and enjoy the way you think
Sorry to hear about G. The business certainly is not what it used to be.
People are demanding more fun, and for writers its getting less fun to write these games.
Some are gone before they ever see a finished product, let alone retain their rights to it.
It voids pretty bad.
Cheers.
Alex, your sentiments are quite the epitome of the good cheese that you are pandering. Please continue to provide such excellent customer service, and for god's sake put the seat down when you are finished.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #30
Sys_Config

I am delighted someone liked it I'm on my way back to get some more..
In the meantime .Please leave some for the others. Only the best Cheese for growing lads and Lassies..Bon Apetite!.
Last edited by Sys_Config; 10-07-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:41 AM   #31
Nukkus

A rolling roquefort gathers no mold. And such as it is, the world may never see the light of the refrigerator, as the bologna is in the way. Please do not wear sharp shoes, and always remember to pave the cushion. The fate of the free world depends on you. Move Zig.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:46 PM   #32
Sys_Config

Gee, Mr Wilson,...

.How can Alienware try to trademark what looks like part of the SGA Standard Galactic Alphabet used in Commander Keen, , or is it just a fluke.?
http://tarr.uspto.gov/tarr?regser=se...Request+Status
http://tarr.uspto.gov/tarr?regser=se...77%2F557%2C502
Last edited by Sys_Config; 11-02-2008 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:11 PM   #33
Nukkus

Quote:
Gee, Mr Wilson,...

.How can Alienware try to trademark what looks like part of the SGA Standard Galactic Alphabet used in Commander Keen, , or is it just a fluke.?
http://tarr.uspto.gov/tarr?regser=se...77%2F557%2C502
It seems to me that they have underestimated the potential for quantum destablization of the gigaplex meshing, Alex. One can never be too careful when bending the fabric of space-time tacos. I once knew a man who teleported his spleen to another plane of existance just because he forgot to wear his lead-lined underpants.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #34
Nukkus

where has Alex gone? did the feds destabilize his quantum?
Old 01-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #35
Nukkus

I miss Alex and all of her amusing anecdotes... Alas, we are all dust before the wheels of time, and someone has turned on the fan.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #36
Nukkus

It has been nearly six years since we heard from Alex. A moment of silence in memoriam.