3D Realms Anthology

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > 3D Realms Anthology
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 05-23-2015, 04:18 AM   #1
rodrigames
Rollback Possibly Required
Ladies and Gentlemen of 3d Realms, I'm sorry to say this, but it may be necessary to roll back Hocus Pocus from version 1.1 to 1.0 in the 3d Realms Anthology, because I understand that according to the help file, hphelp.exe, the official 1.1 patch only adds one feature, which is direct support for the long-remembered Gravis GamePad (It doesn't say so anymore when reading the help file included in the anthology version, but it still does say so when reading the one included in shareware version 1.1, which still counts as valid reference, I can tell you that.) and as the dirty, rotten cheater that I am when it goes as far as single-player gaming, I'm willing to sacrifice support for an accessory controller in order to be able to use either of the four existing trainers that I dug up so far, all four of which I don't believe were ever updated to work with this official 1.1 patch. Again, I apologize for advising any downgrades to any video games on any systems, but I hope you're willing to let me slide just this one time, just because this particular rollback doesn't destabilize this particular game any. Thank you and you're welcome.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:47 AM   #2
Lunick Fiore

Re: Rollback Possibly Required
Good luck with that.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:16 AM   #3
Nukkus

Wow, this dude is a bit loopy.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:13 AM   #4
MrBlackCat

This sort of post is why so more socially functional people don't come to forums. I can imagine the reaction from my father or most anyone from his generation reading something like this.
<deleted what I had typed rather than risk reprimand>

Maybe I just missed some sarcasm as I don't consider myself socially normal.

"Oh well, I guess we will just have to roll back the version, having been presented this information... golly-gee." I am going to delete my version now and wait for the change.
Hehehe

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)
Old 05-23-2015, 10:52 AM   #5
Hendricks266
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigames View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen of 3d Realms, I'm sorry to say this, but it may be necessary to roll back Hocus Pocus from version 1.1 to 1.0 in the 3d Realms Anthology, [...] in order to be able to use either of the four existing trainers that I dug up so far, all four of which I don't believe were ever updated to work with this official 1.1 patch.

It sounds like you should grab a heavy-debug build of DOSBox and make your own trainer.

What do these trainers do that the game's own cheat codes do not?
Last edited by Hendricks266; 05-23-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:06 PM   #6
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen of 3d Realms, I'm sorry to say this, but it may be necessary to roll back Hocus Pocus from version 1.1 to 1.0 in the 3d Realms Anthology, because I understand that according to the help file, hphelp.exe, the official 1.1 patch only adds one feature, which is direct support for the long-remembered Gravis GamePad (It doesn't say so anymore when reading the help file included in the anthology version, but it still does say so when reading the one included in shareware version 1.1, which still counts as valid reference, I can tell you that.) and as the dirty, rotten cheater that I am when it goes as far as single-player gaming, I'm willing to sacrifice support for an accessory controller in order to be able to use either of the four existing trainers that I dug up so far, all four of which I don't believe were ever updated to work with this official 1.1 patch. Again, I apologize for advising any downgrades to any video games on any systems, but I hope you're willing to let me slide just this one time, just because this particular rollback doesn't destabilize this particular game any. Thank you and you're welcome.
We've been selling v1.1 since Oct 5, 1994. I doubt anyone would still have the v1.0 builds anymore, even if we were inclined to do something like that.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 05-23-2015, 05:28 PM   #7
rodrigames
Thanks for calling me socially normal, MrBlackCat, I really need to be called something along those lines, because I've been called far worse names than that back in school, because I admit that I was born with five different mental challenges (You can tell by my neat typing and the length of my posts that one of my mental challenges is a severe case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.), so I was transferred to special education during the same year both, Math Rescue and Word Rescue were originally released on floppy discs (It's too bad I was living under a rock about Apogee Software until Duke Nukem 3D was released as shareware, because it took my brothers and I until Christmas Day 1995 to upgrade from an I.B.M. TX to an Intel Pentium 1 P.C. That was just over a month before the shareware release of Duke 3D onto the Software Creations B.B.S. and I think also what is now called Game Front.). Most of the corrupted students who scorned me actually had ties to local bloods, crips, and cholo gangs not exactly in the big city of L.A., but smaller areas around the Interstate 10 Freeway east of L.A., still in Southern California. In other words, no, I'm not nearly as normal as any staff member in charge of this forum located in either the state of Texas or the nation of Denmark. Thanks again, MrBlackCat.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:20 PM   #8
Nukkus

Let this thread be a reminder not to do internets when you are stoned. o_O'
Old 05-24-2015, 04:03 PM   #9
Stevey Boy

Quote: