Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem 3D Xbox LIVE
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 06-24-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
Pikachu

question
is there anyway to take the chip out of an XBOX360 memory card and instead add an SD card slot to play your own levels, or is the 360 version not even BUILD anymore? i dont exactly have a 360 but I do have a Minimig Amiga emulator that has an sd card slot and I can buy a memory card at Wal-Mart and I can test it at my friends house.

what format does the XBOX360 memory card use? Is it still XNTFS like the old XBOX?
Old 06-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
Phayzon

Re: question
Short answer too all of that is No. As for the file system, Im not too sure but I dont think its XNTFS
Old 06-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
Pikachu

Aww, ok. Thanks. :3
Old 06-25-2009, 07:34 AM   #4
lordlonelobo

But it is definitely still the Build engine, just no mods.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:07 AM   #5
Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlonelobo View Post
But it is definitely still the Build engine, just no mods.
Welll wouldn'there be a way then that would be like NOT 3DR authorized but still doable?

Like the ROM Injector for the Wii? But instead of emulators and ROMS, Maps and BUILD?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
lordlonelobo

It might be possible, but the Xbox probably won't run anything that's not Microsoft Certified or something, and if you were connected to Xbox LIVE, you'd have your console banned (more than likely).

Even then, you couldn't use the DN3D from XBLA anyway, you'd have to use something from your own computer.

As I'm sure the one on XBLA can't load mods anyway (how would it, there's no way to bring up a console or anything).
Old 06-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #7
Pikachu

Run a script that launches the game into the map automatically, maybe? But I really don't care anymore. Thanks though! :3
Old 06-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #8
Tualmasok

If it runs on build there should be a way to run your own maps, but you will have to mod your 360, run homebrew on it, and probably rename the new maps to replace to official maps.

And sell your soul to mephistopheles on the way for playing D3D on anything but PC!