Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 11-18-2014, 10:00 PM   #41
prophecy holder

Re: Time to Kill, Land of the Babes, Zero Hour Re-Releases?
A re-release of Zero Hour would be really cool to play. One of the few third-party Duke titles i like. Damn, i haven't posted here in years.
"Ever since I was a little boy, dressing up has always been...my greatest joy. But when It's time to be discreet, there is one thing you just can't beat and that's a strapless backless classical little black dress"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e4BCOrLmJ0
Old 11-20-2014, 01:50 AM   #42
DirtyFexen
I wonder if there is any progress being made on the ports that Frederik Schreiber alluded to a while back. Perhaps they are waiting until this lawsuit is out of the way?
Old 11-20-2014, 06:36 AM   #43
dukenukem64
Or they are doing it right, which would mean that it takes some time. I think they have a lot on their hands atm., give them time. If nothing has happened until christmas 2015.. We can start asking questions.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:13 PM   #44
Commando Nukem

If you go and look at the thread I started entitled "the future" Fred lays out what all they are involved with, obviously without any specifics as of yet, but it indicates that they are very very busy.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:41 AM   #45
Alyxx

It is possible to play Zer0 H0ur on PC using emulators like Project64 and keyboard and mouse controls emulating the joypad. Same with Time to Kill and Land of the Babes.

Still, a PC port of these games wouldn't be a bad thing.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:40 PM   #46
DirtyFexen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
It is possible to play Zer0 H0ur on PC using emulators like Project64 and keyboard and mouse controls emulating the joypad. Same with Time to Kill and Land of the Babes.

Still, a PC port of these games wouldn't be a bad thing.
PC ports would bring better graphics overall by pushing all the tech behind the games to their limits and offering more options like antialiasing. It would also bring proper controls because emulators like Project-64 dont allow you to tie the mouse to anything which makes it crazy difficult to play the games without a joypad.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:08 AM   #47
Alyxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyFexen View Post
PC ports would bring better graphics overall by pushing all the tech behind the games to their limits and offering more options like antialiasing. It would also bring proper controls because emulators like Project-64 dont allow you to tie the mouse to anything which makes it crazy difficult to play the games without a joypad.
Really? I distinctly remember binding my mouse to the thumbstick in Project64. Made it easier to play games like Perfect Dark. Guess it depends on what plugin you use for input though.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:53 AM   #48
DirtyFexen
Quote:
Really? I distinctly remember binding my mouse to the thumbstick in Project64. Made it easier to play games like Perfect Dark. Guess it depends on what plugin you use for input though.
There is a plugin that works for a small amount of games like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark but for the large majority of games it doesn't work at all or it's very buggy and difficult to use.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:18 AM   #49
Alyxx

Quote:
There is a plugin that works for a small amount of games like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark but for the large majority of games it doesn't work at all or it's very buggy and difficult to use.
Yeah, guess it's given as an analogue thumbstick and a mouse are actually radically different controls and emulating thumbstick with mouse is dodgy...
Old 12-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #50
DirtyFexen
Do you think they would be allowed to make a first person mode for the games if they ported them to PC?
Old 12-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #51
Alyxx

Quote:
Do you think they would be allowed to make a first person mode for the games if they ported them to PC?
Could be interesting, especially for LotB and TtK since those are designed to be played in 3rd person like Tomb Raider.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:55 PM   #52
DirtyFexen
Quote:
Could be interesting, especially for LotB and TtK since those are designed to be played in 3rd person like Tomb Raider.
I think it could work better with Zero Hour because it's more of an action third person shooter unlike Time To Kill or Land of the Babes which have lots of platforming sections.

If any progress is being made towards ports I do not think we would hear anything until after Bombshell is out.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:06 AM   #53
DirtyFexen
I wonder if ports of these games would be held up by the on-going lawsuit? I would not think so as Duke Nukem 3D: Hail to the King Collection is still going ahead but it has been a long time since we heard anything from Frederik Schreiber.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:24 PM   #54
The Duke Returns

The question is how long is this lawsuit going to last I'm sick n tired of the lawsuits when it happens to Duke Nukem it put a hold on the games for like a year or 2 and it sucks,

Also about the page that I saw are they still hiring? I still like to work for 3DRealms it like a Dream Job of mine

I'm really good at Bug Finding in numbers of games
From Old to New

Duke Nukem 3D to DNF
Black Flag
Rainbow Six Vegas
Halo
Metal Gear Solid 4

here a video of me trapped in a wall in black flag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjdRKgv__T4
Last edited by The Duke Returns; 03-13-2015 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:14 AM   #55
DirtyFexen
Well the lawsuit is settled and 3DR just released the Kill-a-Ton collection on Steam so it is probably safe to assume that they are able to port these games as well no matter what the result of the lawsuit was..
Old 05-16-2015, 12:46 PM   #56
The Duke Returns

Well glad that it finally over we have to wait and see what they do
Old 05-30-2015, 09:50 AM   #57
Nukkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke Returns View Post
The question is how long is this lawsuit going to last I'm sick n tired of the lawsuits when it happens to Duke Nukem it put a hold on the games for like a year or 2 and it sucks,

Also about the page that I saw are they still hiring? I still like to work for 3DRealms it like a Dream Job of mine

I'm really good at Bug Finding in numbers of games
From Old to New

Duke Nukem 3D to DNF
Black Flag
Rainbow Six Vegas
Halo
Metal Gear Solid 4

here a video of me trapped in a wall in black flag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjdRKgv__T4
Uh dude, glitching out in a Ubisoft game is like breathing. It just happens.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:57 PM   #58
DirtyFexen
I wonder if 3D Realms do not think it is worth doing if maybe they'll let a fan group port Time To Kill and Zero Hour over? Frederik Schreiber already has illustrated that he has the source codes, maybe he can get a few fans who want to do it instead of the company spending time and money on it?
Old 05-30-2015, 11:46 PM   #59
The Duke Returns

I posted this somewhere here can't remember where

May 19th, 12:38am
Mike Secher Dalsgaard Nielsen: As for the old console versions, it's something we are always considering but we have nothing confirmed here yet, He is talking about the Consoles Ports of Those 3 Games that, I have asked him about it they properly talk about it later either after Bombshell or when they are ready to talk about it so we just have to wait and see what happens
Old 05-31-2015, 01:28 PM   #60
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

As have tons of people.
Most fans have been asking about the possible re-release future of these console Duke Nukem titles.

It's something they are firmly aware of, and they've said that when they have something to say on the subject, they will.

But, at the moment, they are firmly focused on Bombshell and messaging them about it over and over won't bring an answer any faster.
It's best to just have some patience and wait. Let them finish Bombshell, get it out the door and then decide how they want to move forward.
Fred has mentioned a strong desire to revisit these titles, and 3DR is very aware of how much the fan base enjoys/ loves these games.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 06-18-2015, 02:27 AM   #61
Commando Nukem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
As have tons of people.
It's best to just have some patience and wait.

How it hurts. How it hurrrts... Hahaha.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:54 AM   #62
DirtyFexen
Would it be possible for a layer of emulation for these titles on PC if they could not find source for some of the console games?
Old 07-09-2015, 10:13 PM   #63
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Would it be possible for a layer of emulation for these titles on PC if they could not find source for some of the console games?
That's a huge *IF*, dude.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 07-10-2015, 11:52 PM   #64
DirtyFexen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
That's a huge *IF*, dude.
Do you know something I don't?
Old 07-11-2015, 12:35 AM   #65
The Duke Returns

I think there should be a Poll Vote for those games Joe what do you think, If 3DRealms manages to find the source codes for those games.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:43 AM   #66
The Dukenator

Quote:
I think there should be a Poll Vote for those games Joe what do you think, If 3DRealms manages to find the source codes for those games.
Would be a waste of time. You don't expect 3D Realms to find source codes for games that came out 10-20 years ago?
Old 07-11-2015, 07:23 AM   #67
The Duke Returns

I completely forgot that Fred posted it on duke4.net about it it somewhere theres
Last edited by The Duke Returns; 07-11-2015 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:37 AM   #68
The Dukenator

Quote:
I completely forgot that Fred posted it on duke4.net about it it somewhere theres
Hate having to go hunting for things.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:48 PM   #69
DirtyFexen
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dukenator View Post
Would be a waste of time. You don't expect 3D Realms to find source codes for games that came out 10-20 years ago?
We already know for a fact that they have the source code for Time To Kill because Frederik said so on Duke4.net