Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Rise of the Triad (1995) Source Code
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 07-22-2003, 03:03 PM   #1
Nemesis 01

Mouselook
Will Icculus 1.2 feature better mouselooking?? (i.e. freelook like in modern fps games only that you're limited to 45 degrees when looking up and down)
Old 07-23-2003, 04:33 PM   #2
DrLex
Re: Mouselook
Maybe this is also a good time to note that mouse support under OS X is useless: apparently it tracks the movements of the cursor, which is still constrained to the screen bounds. Once you've moved a certain amount to the right/left/top/bottom, you can't move on, if you know what I mean. I assume this must be due to SDL...
Old 10-07-2003, 10:57 AM   #3
HanCi

You can't mouselook more than 45 degrees when using ordinary software rendering? Why? It's faked! Look up and turn around. See that glitching perspective?

So, you have to wait untill HW rendering.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:55 PM   #4
It is the Wolfenstein-, Doom- and Rott-style renderers. They just were not designed to have mouselook. The first mouselook appeared in Heretic AFAIK (or at least a well known Doom engine offspring), etc. This is still a very-minor issue with the ZDoom source-port. An engine which has real mouselook in software for example is Unreal.