Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne > Max Payne Modifications
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 07-03-2007, 08:59 AM   #1
Vertigo789
Custom Music
Could someone please tell me how you add your own music to the game?

EDIT: Also, I downloaded Scotty's values for the ragdolls in the maxpayne2dev folder, but it has no effect. What do you have to do?
Last edited by Vertigo789; 07-03-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:25 AM   #2
theHunted
Re: Custom Music
1.) Extract the .ras files by help of rasmaster.
2.) In the newly created folder data figure out where the existing music files all went to. Also figure out what codec has been used by them and use the same for your music.
3a.) Edit the according .txt files that contain necessary configuration information for the engine to know your tracks.
3b.) Replace some of the original tracks by yours and spare the .txt file editing.
4.) Either re-ras the data folder into a .mpXm mod file, or just run the game directly with the data folder extracted.

That was all written off the top of my head. Feel free to come back and ask some more in case something wont work and also i know that the descriptions are really a bare minimum. Mainly a guide to be able to use forum search and google.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
Vertigo789
Where are the .ras files? Because the files in the music section in the mp2dev folder are wav ones. Also, when I use rasmaster, it says there's no internet conection. What's going on?
Old 07-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #4
theHunted
The .ras files should be located directly in your main max payne 2 folder. I think they're called x_music1.ras x_data.ras and something like that. As for rasmaster. Not sure if you got the right one downloaded. You should get something when looking for "max payne rasmaster" in google.

Here's a download link: http://moshax.com/download/download_54857
NOTE: The download source looked a bit suspicious so I'd advice scanning the file for viruses before running any of the contained .exe files.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:02 AM   #5
Samji

Download the mod tools, including RasMaker2, for Max Payne 2 from here:
http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayn...ayne2Tools.exe
Old 07-06-2007, 07:16 AM   #6
Maddieman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo789 View Post
Where are the .ras files? Because the files in the music section in the mp2dev folder are wav ones. Also, when I use rasmaster, it says there's no internet conection. What's going on?
If you can access the folder MP2dev\Game\Data\database\Music... then you probably don't need Rasmaker at this stage. You probably accepted the option to unpack the game database (contained in the .ras files) when you installed the mp2 mod tools. It would have taken about 5 minutes to unpack. In which case, proceed to step 2 of TheHunted's post.

When you get everything working the way you want, create a new Data\Database\Music folder structure somewhere, and copy the files you changed to it (music.txt, and any wav files you added/edited). Now just compile that as an mp2m with Rasmaker (not the original mp2dev\game\data folder, which contains the entire game database on it).
Old 04-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #7
Kakrain

Hi everyone, sorry im new in this forum, i wanted to add my music in the game when i activate the bullet time but, i cant, it just dont sound, i was modifying the mod cinema for that, that mod has bullet time music, and the songs it has, are wav, and i change the music with other wav files and it doesnt play in the game when i activate the bullet time, thanks in advance
Old 04-23-2010, 04:25 PM   #8
Kakrain

hey thanks for answering me ¬¬