Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > Non 3DR Game Discussion
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 03-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Bethesda and MachineGames announce a new addition to the Wolfenstein series.
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Bethblog
Quote:
This morning we’re excited to announce what our friends and colleagues at MachineGames are up to: an all-new standalone prequel to everyone’s favorite Nazi-blasting first-person shooter of 2014, Wolfenstein: The New Order!

Arriving digitally on May 5th for $19.99/£14.99 /€19.99/$39.95 AUS on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood takes our hero BJ Blazkowicz back to the year 1946 in an adventure that spans eight chapters and two interconnected stories (released together) that will lead into the events you know and love from The New Order.

Part one of Wolfenstein: The Old Blood – Rudi Jäger and the Den of Wolves — pits BJ Blazkowicz against a maniacal prison warden as he breaks into Castle Wolfenstein in an attempt to steal the coordinates to General Deathshead’s compound. In part two – The Dark Secrets of Helga Von Schabbs – our hero’s search for the coordinates leads him to the city of Wulfburg where an obsessed Nazi archaeologist is exhuming mysterious artifacts that threaten to unleash a dark and ancient power.

For a first look, watch our announcement trailer in the embed above, and this weekend at PAX East, look for our two-part livestream happening on Twitch.TV/Twitch at 10:30 am est on both Friday, March 6th and Saturday, March 7th.
Trailer.

Best announcement in a long time.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 03-05-2015, 02:20 AM   #2
Rapture_Rising

Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Looks cool. Why the hell is it $39.99 in Australia?
Old 03-05-2015, 07:37 AM   #3
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Sorry to say but... because it's Australia.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 03-05-2015, 06:55 PM   #4
Rapture_Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
Sorry to say but... because it's Australia.
Yes... because everyone knows that the US is a shining utopia.

Either way, i'll probably get it for cheaper on Green Man Gaming or somewhere similar.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:15 PM   #5
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Because games are almost always overpriced in Australia.

US being crap has nothing to do with it.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #6
Rapture_Rising

Yeah, i know, only teasing.

Yeah, games are seriously overpriced here, i get it that Aus being geographically isolated but that excuse only goes so far, if i wanted too i can probably get this shipped from overseas and be under the cost of buying it locally. It's even worse for digital games, not only do we pay the local price on Steam we have to pay it USD on top , which our dollar is shit at the moment, Example take GTA V on steam, $74.99USD, take in currency conversion it totals to about $97AUD.

As i said i'll probably get this game from Green Man Gaming with one of their 20% vouchers they have on their website, or just wait for the sales.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:03 PM   #7
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Yeah, the US does suck. But... I'm familiar with this suck, I'll stick with it instead of trying to get familiar with a different countries suck.

And yeah, I either buy things through GMG or Steam based on sale prices and such.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:09 AM   #8
Micki!

I'm totally getting this, also i laugh at those prices, i pay more for basic groceries here, haha
Anyway, it's nice seeing old places return, i wonder just how different it'll be or if it's gonna rely on nostalgia-fapping more than anything..? Either way, i'd get it regardless, i'm a sucker for MachineGames style after playing their first Wolf game and they obviously know what they're doing, so i couldn't really care less in the end, haha
Old 03-07-2015, 05:34 AM   #9
Kristian Joensen

Seeing as TNO is one of four FPSs I have managed to complete without cheating I should probably get this!
Old 03-11-2015, 12:11 PM   #10
smashed pumpkin

This is GREAT news!

I'm currently playing through The New Order right now. I'm about halfway through it and I've enjoyed it so far.

Will definitely be picking this one up!
Old 03-12-2015, 01:40 AM   #11
Rapture_Rising

It all worked out in the end with local prices... Green Man Gaming has TOB for $19.99 with the 23% discount brings to $15.40 and take in local conversion brings it up to $20.10.

A whole crap load better than $39.99.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:56 PM   #12
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Well, The Old Blood is on STEAM... but there's not pre-purchase button. So... damn.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #13
Rapture_Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_Azreal View Post
Well, The Old Blood is on STEAM... but there's not pre-purchase button. So... damn.
You can buy it from GMG now but the downside is that they send the keys out a couple of days before release, upside is that you can buy it cheaper than $19.99 with their 20% discount code.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:35 PM   #14
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Yeah, I'll hold off.
STEAM may offer a sale price if you own TNO or some other Bethesda title.

And GMG is always doing the 20% off stuff, so... just grab the best one when the time comes.

Old 03-14-2015, 06:19 AM   #15
8IronBob

Looks like another game to build my new PC around. Seems worth waiting for, I'd say. Along with Half-Life 3, too.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:18 AM   #16
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

The Old Blood runs off the same tech as The New Order. The only changes are they are not making a PS3 or 360 port of the game this time around.
If you could run TNO you'll be fine for TOB.