Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 04-07-2003, 12:10 PM   #1
FreDsom
Aesir Corp.
Anybody know what Aesir Corp did, except inventing and dealing drugs? They had to do somthing to become greater than Microsoft.
Old 04-07-2003, 12:59 PM   #2
shadow_ninja
Re: Aesir Corp.
they manufactured physco mutant merc's!!!! who were like loyal samerai's to that bitch...i mean nichole horne!!!!.......lol i dont know what they did maybe they were a wall street infestment corp......... or something like that...................... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

"Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and the truth." -kosh

Old 04-07-2003, 01:55 PM   #3
FreDsom
I'm thinking about their legal activities. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2003, 02:27 PM   #4
Bruce Hamilton
Quote:
Originally posted by FreDsom:
I'm thinking about their legal activities. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don't think they had any... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
How do you expect anyone to remember your name, if you can't spell it right yourself, Broussard? It's basic positioning... None of that matters... It'll be done when it's done.... It's the spirit of the law, not the letter.
Old 04-07-2003, 02:40 PM   #5
FreDsom
hehe, I don't think you can build such large empire on lies and ilegal actions.
Old 04-07-2003, 02:54 PM   #6
biXen
Quote:
hehe, I don't think you can build such large empire on lies and ilegal actions.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Isn't that how Germany was built in 1933-39? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2003, 03:18 PM   #7
SkavenRMD
Remedy Staff
Well, among other things, they were a sub-contractor for the U.S. military. Valkyr started as a performance-enhancing drug project for the Gulf War, but it was cancelled because the results weren't satisfactory. But Nicole Horne knew there'd be another way to make the product profitable.

Aesir is a generic evil megacorporation, you know, kinda like OCP in Robocop. (yes, I've said that before [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ).
Old 04-07-2003, 04:51 PM   #8
poo_al
The thing that I'm still confused about is what clicked for Max in the 2nd last level.

When Mona's body is removed from the elevator, he says "Something clicked for the final time. My mind had never been so clear."

What did he finally understand?
Old 04-07-2003, 08:16 PM   #9
shadow_ninja
thank god someone else doesnt know about that........ the mona elevator thing

"Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and the truth." -kosh

Old 04-07-2003, 10:45 PM   #10
SkavenRMD
Remedy Staff
Quote:
When Mona's body is removed from the elevator, he says "Something clicked for the final time. My mind had never been so clear."

What did he finally understand?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm not entirely sure, but how I understood it, was that Max Payne had still been a bit unsure of his revenge, but after he saw how she dealt with Mona, it became crystal clear to him that he must unleash a can of w00p-ass upon Nicole Horne.
Old 04-08-2003, 03:26 AM   #11
Karthik
I think Mona is Nicole's daughter. She wanted to kill Nicole to get Aseir corp. but instead decided Max Payne could kill Nicole for her.

She fakes her death, so that she can retrn in part as the baddie. There that explains it! [img]graemlins/dopefish.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2003, 06:25 AM   #12
FreDsom
Quote:
Well, among other things, they were a sub-contractor for the U.S. military.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">so they made weapons for the army? but they had to do somthing else too, there were haning Aesir corp. adds in the subway level.

[ 04-08-2003, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: FreDsom ]
Old 04-08-2003, 08:50 PM   #13
shadow_ninja
what o was thinking about on the mona thing is...*takes deep breath, is that mona is'nt lisa's sister at all in fact in my opioion she is max's wife incarnet. so when the elevator came back down the body was gone because she had fulfilled her job"protecting max". at least that i what i think..... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2003, 08:56 PM   #14
The Baskinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Karthik:
I think Mona is Nicole's daughter. She wanted to kill Nicole to get Aseir corp. but instead decided Max Payne could kill Nicole for her.

She fakes her death, so that she can retrn in part as the baddie. There that explains it! [img]graemlins/dopefish.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well, I think that Nicole Horne is Mona Sax, but she's just really good with makeup. I also think that Mona Sax was really a man... and a ninja.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

"Friends? These are my only friends! Grown up nerds, like Gore Vidal, and even he's kissed more boys than I ever will.
Old 04-09-2003, 01:45 AM   #15
theHunted
Quote:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> Well, among other things, they were a sub-contractor for the U.S. military.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">so they made weapons for the army? but they had to do somthing else too, there were haning Aesir corp. adds in the subway level. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">nah, valhalla was a former official military project to increase the will and the strenght of the troops, dont ya remember? so they'd been developing that drug, V, legally in the first place and prolly got lots of money from the army. so it might have been a pharma enterprise!?!
Old 04-10-2003, 07:42 PM   #16
Karthik
Quote:
Originally posted by The Baskinator:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Karthik:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well, I think that Nicole Horne is Mona Sax, but she's just really good with makeup. I also think that Mona Sax was really a man... and a ninja.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Em, COOl!