Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem 3D Xbox LIVE
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
socaljim949
Co-op crash in Hollywood Holocaust
Not trying to raise any alarms here maybe this is a one in a million crash or a problem with the Xbox Live servers not sure but here is what happened:

Played co-op last night with 1 other person (my boss). I was in the room where the bar/concession stand area is and an assault trooper was behind the middle pillar (there are 3 main pillars I believe) then he was clipping the pillar as he was trying to walk forward and shoot me and I saw some code come out of that area (0's and 1's) and we got dropped into the co-op lobby.

It was really strange I had never seen anything like that before. Also, my boss had just died and was kicked back to the start of the level. Right before the crash I was walking backwards toying with the assault trooper because I wanted him to come close so I could get a good shot on him with my pistol.

After the crash I started up another co-op game with my boss and we played Red Light District without any problems. I also did a few ranked Duke Match games and had a blast.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Re: Co-op crash in Hollywood Halocaust
Did you also get a "Network Sync Lost" error dialog box? What you describe sounds like the network out of sync error.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 09-25-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
socaljim949
Re: Co-op crash in Hollywood Holocaust
Nope, didn't get any error messages but I figured it was probably a network error and started a new game.