Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > General Topics > General Messages
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 11-24-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
omglazerkittens

Cool The Introduction Thread
Who are you?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?!

We seriously want to know! Come to this thread to introduce yourself! What games do you like, where are you from, etc.

I'll start

I'm Becky Taylor: Marketing Director here at 3D Realms. I'm a born and raised PC gamer. I got my first computer when I was two years old and have been gaming ever since. I grew up on games such as ROTT and Terminal Velocity, along with Doom, Hexen/Heretic, etc. I still consider myself a hardcore PC gamer and am always found playing FPS or RPGs.

Other than being on the computer/internet, I'm frequently found out in the wild at gaming conventions! If you find me, and recognize me, let me know! Maybe you'll get some cool prizes (such as t-shirts or free games)! You'll probably see me on the 3D Realms' social media sites a ton.

Here is a totally professional photo of me:

Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @omglazerkittens
Old 11-25-2014, 04:38 PM   #2
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Re: The Introduction Thread
Horse? You been watching Craig Ferguson?

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 11-25-2014, 10:28 PM   #3
foleyben
Hey Becky

Im Ben Foley, huge fan of the Duke franchise along with Raptor and Alien Carnage/Halloween Harry.

Cant wait to see what you and everyone else there at the new 3DR brings forward next.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:43 AM   #4
Alyxx

Alexandria, aka Alyxx. I review games on my blog (mostly for myself but you're all welcome to check it out) and moderate the Accursed Farms forum (home of Freeman's Mind and Civil Protection, both popular machinima series). I do freelance designs and on my spare time I collect music and consider myself a hardcore gamegirl since that's my main hobby. I love games, love playing them, talking about them and have been that way ever since I played Duke Nukem 1 as a child.

I currently live in Norway with my boyfriend Ashley (like Evil Dead Ash) living in Australia, we've had an online relationship since 2010 or so and are planning on meeting up next year.

And that's about it!
Last edited by Alyxx; 11-28-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:23 PM   #5
Mariamus

Hhg Re: The Introduction Thread
I'm here because I still haven't escaped!
Old 12-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #6
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Hello there Mariamus.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 12-22-2014, 08:59 AM   #7
Mariamus

Ey! Still going strong I see?
Old 12-22-2014, 09:16 AM   #8
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Faking it more then anything else.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 12-22-2014, 04:44 PM   #9
Mariamus

I know the feeling
Old 12-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #10
Hendricks266
Hey! My name is Evan, and I've played Apogee games since I can remember. Major Stryker, Secret Agent, the shareware Keens, and the first two Duke Nukems were my favorites. I even sported a Major Stryker avatar for a number of years.

I first discovered Duke 3D at age 8. My curiosity with the game led me to the JFDuke3D source port, and later EDuke32. I joined these forums in 2005, and as time passed I became more involved with the EDuke32 modding scene. For some time I primarily focused on managing the High Resolution Packs for two of Duke 3D's expansions.

In 2009, I contacted the original authors of the long-lost Shadow Warrior expansion, Deadly Kiss. The founder of SillySoft put me in charge of restoring and finishing the expansion for a freeware release. This is an ongoing team effort.

By 2011, I had graduated from Duke 3D's CON scripting to full-fledged C/C++ programming after taking a class in it sophomore year of high school. After submitting a few patches to EDuke32, EDuke32 creator and longtime 3DR moderator TerminX invited me to join the EDuke32 development team. I joined the Duke4.net moderation staff not long after.

This past spring, TerminX and I began helping with the 3DR relaunch by sorting through development materials and preparing beta versions of games from the archives, which involves defeating several archaic methods of DOS-era copy protection intended to prevent these materials from falling into the wrong hands.

I am currently studying Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I also recently co-founded Voidpoint, LLC with TerminX at the helm and we are excited to debut official ports of Duke Nukem 3D to Android and iOS in the new year.
Last edited by Hendricks266; 12-25-2014 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:27 AM   #11
Ratty
Hi, I'm Tom from Finland, and I hope you don't mind if I necro your thread.
I used to post here back in 2001-2005, and I haven't been around since then. I think I logged in once back in 2010, but that was it. Reading through all the stupid entries I made here during that time was quite embarrasing to say the least. I was just a teenager at the time (Closing in on 30 now!), and pretty bad at English to boot.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:47 PM   #12
Hank

Ah, what the hell, necro second.
I used to be Phoenix, made maps, started a TC with a guy called cyborg and hung out here. The day time business went south. Cyborg tried to move on with the TC, on Planet Duke, but left also.

I think the last time I posted here was 2001.

Now I hear about Bombshell - probably the first good news I heard about 3D Realms and I signed up again, as me, Hank.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #13
Wamplet

Hi, I am Wamplet and this is my first post.
"By god... Wamp has a point." -Damien_Azreal
Old 08-02-2015, 04:28 PM   #14
MrBlackCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamplet View Post
Hi, I am Wamplet and this is my first post.
LOL!

Hi, I am MrBlackCat and this is MUCH closer to my first post than Wamplets is to theirs.

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)
Old 08-05-2015, 08:25 PM   #15
Wamplet

Hi MrBlackCat,

You change your avatar? I thought it was darker before. Don't remember it being a white background, but i've been at rest for years.
"By god... Wamp has a point." -Damien_Azreal
Old 08-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #16
MrBlackCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamplet View Post
Hi MrBlackCat,

You change your avatar? I thought it was darker before. Don't remember it being a white background, but i've been at rest for years.
Hello Wamplet... someone kindly made this avatar for me maybe 5 years ago and I have used it since then. I don't remember what it was before then honestly.

Good to see you are finished resting... welcome back and congratulations on your first post.

MrBlackCat

*(Not really, sometimes I wear my Time to Kill t-shirt... like while I am washing my other Duke shirts for instance.)
:)
Old 08-14-2015, 05:56 PM   #17
fast-1

Hi there I'm fast-1 and a slow one to this thread.

You be pleased to hear that they are making an Ash vs Evil Dead TV series Alyxx.
But you probably already know that.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:57 AM   #18
douginpdx

I am new here in this forum. I am 24 year old and love to watch movies.